The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How 1 Year Of Fastlane looked for me (@Piano)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
1 year ago I finished TMF and decided to join this Forum.
I found myself at the "What's your reason for joining?" section which also said "We're able to reject your join proposal if we think your reason is inappropriate" or something like that.

I thought really hard and was like "This is foolproof".
You know what I wrote?

1695375218482.png

Bruh :rofl:

After I joined, I created a handful of useless threads, my cringest one being probably this one LOL: OFF-TOPIC - Favourite piano brand?

Thankfully I learned on my own that Quality>Quantity.

The thing was that I didn't have any idea what to really do yet. I was at the typical stages of "I don't have an idea!" or others.

Then I got an idea: Produce sheet music for instruments that don't have lots of repertoire.
So I started a progress thread that I won't even link here because it's so bad.
It was just me saying how far I got (which was basically not far at all). I was just lindering on and off.
At that time, @Creative_Name thankfully lended me a bit of company in that thread which got me further going (up until that point, it was pretty much only me writing posts).

I wasn't going anywhere and then @Johnny boy replied out of nowhere.
1695375740030.png
Those four words.

I started listing my reasons but he didn't reply.

I felt a hit of dread, knowing that I was alone, only me being able to change my life.

At that time, Johnny Boy once wrote somewhere "With some elbow grease you can make 5-10k a month easy" and I thought of it.
And from there I went on the lookout and found Josh Lester with his Window cleaning shorts and series.
At first I couldn't believe my eyes but then a few forum members told me it's possible and not even 10 days after that, I had already practised my window cleaning technique to an acceptable level and was ready to go.

1695376257650.png

And that's how I earned my first ever money.
I struggled at first insanely but after many tries and restrategisations I landed my first 20€ job!

However then I got sick LOL right after my first job.

But it was cold and the days short.
I kept going a bunch of times again, especially residential, as I deeply wanted to crack it, however the mental strain was intense.
I was sometimes taking long times to rest from what happened, especially one encounter:
My experience at the last house though was kinda frightening.
I knocked and an old man came out. He said that he wasn't interested so I said: "Do you want to at least know the price?"
And he was "Sure". I ran around the home and counted up the windows. When I ran back to him, there was a middle-aged woman.
"We don't need to get our windows cleaned", she said while having one of the most serious and defensive faces I've seen in a while.
I backed off and felt like garbage. She 100% thought I was scamming some seniors or something.

Thankfully @Andy Black taught me a valuable lesson that other peoples' reality isn't mine or the real reality.

And then I got busy during the winter holidays and after that school started again.

I stopped going, to a certain degree I lost my flow and momentum.
I sometimes mustered up the courage every once in a while.
I might not have been very efficient, but I still kept going, no matter how slow.
Because there was something motivating me that was even scarier than selling d2d...

Moving on; I became less and less motivated (or rather disciplined because I was almost NEVER motivated to go d2d) and I was about to change my business.
I was talking about it and people tried to change my mind, to keep trying.
I only remember it faintly, but basically people were like "Ok Piano, it's okay if you want to do something else" after a while.

And with those statements I realised that I was once again in the end game. Make it or break it, just like with Johnny boy earlier.
And so I pushed through anyway and... it worked?
I got customers and each day was looking better! It also wasn't below freezing temperature anymore during the spring so that was good.

Then I had my glow up during the spring holidays. Each day I went out, I made over 100€, on one even 200€!
But my stamina swindled as the 3 weeks went on and in the final week I think I only went out once.

And then school started and I stopped because I was overwhelmed with school.

I went out a few times but my self-confidence dropped which was the reason I only went outside so little compared to before (oh also because I only had 3 possible days each week where I could go out).
Now, summer holidays were a thing and I did actually go out again in the first week but then realised that I only had around 4 weeks left for my composition competition which for me took the bigger priority and worked the rest of the summer on it. I submitted it 2 hours before the deadline haha...

Btw thanks to @Spenny who mentally grounded me for the last few days before the competition, as I got mentally screwed up by all the pressure and shortly couldn't move a finger anymore.

After school started, my confidence dropped once again, probably because I was almost completely alone during all of summer vacation.
But after a bit of self-forgiveness I cured even that. And since then I went out a few times.
What I noticed was that my sales-skills became mediocre after all that waiting, however I did manage to sell 1-2 residential homes. And yesterday I was at my classmate's doorsteps talking to him and I accidentally used a sales technique on him :rofl: so I think I just need to warm up again and I'll be all good again.

However I don't plan on actually continuing like this anyway, at least not for now.
I was in Poland during the summer vacation and renewed my passport and will have it next month in my hands.
Then I will try to set up a legal form so I can finally start running ads, GMB and so on.

Though until then, I'll continue like now with window cleaning and when winter hits, I'll try piano busking because selling during the winter is traumatic haha (cold as hell, people are snobbier, nobody wants clean windows, especially after Christmas when everyone is broke af).

And that was it.

I want to thank all the people that helped me up until now (too many of you to mention each of you seperately;))!
Special shout out goes to @BizyDad who didn't get mentioned until now.
He helped me during lots of situations per PM, namely the school problem and competition.
Also special shout out goes to the Rice Gang!

And @Johnny boy who made me realise what I was doing wrong in that lonely thead of mine.
Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

oneac

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jul 29, 2022
I found myself at the "What's your reason for joining?" section which also said "We're able to reject your join proposal if we think your reason is inappropriate" or something like that.

You know what I wrote?

View attachment 51474

After I joined, I created a handful of useless threads, my cringest one being probably this one LOL: OFF-TOPIC - Favourite piano brand?

The thing was that I didn't have any idea what to really do yet. I was at the typical stages of "I don't have an idea!" or others.

Then I got an idea: Produce sheet music for instruments that don't have lots of repertoire.
It was just me saying how far I got (which was basically not far at all). I was just lindering on and off.
At that time, @Creative_Name thankfully lended me a bit of company in that thread which got me further going (up until that point, it was pretty much only me writing posts).

View attachment 51475
Those four words.

I felt a hit of dread, knowing that I was alone, only me being able to change my life.

At that time, Johnny Boy once wrote somewhere "With some elbow grease you can make 5-10k a month easy" and I thought of it.
And from there I went on the lookout and found Josh Lester with his Window cleaning shorts and series.
At first I couldn't believe my eyes but then a few forum members told me it's possible and not even 10 days after that, I had already practised my window cleaning technique to an acceptable level and was ready to go.

View attachment 51476

I struggled at first insanely but after many tries and restrategisations I landed my first 20€ job!

I kept going a bunch of times again, especially residential, as I deeply wanted to crack it, however the mental strain was intense.
I was sometimes taking long times to rest from what happened, especially one encounter:

Thankfully @Andy Black taught me a valuable lesson that other peoples' reality isn't mine or the real reality.

And then I got busy during the winter holidays and after that school started again.

I might not have been very efficient, but I still kept going, no matter how slow.
Because there was something motivating me that was even scarier than selling d2d...

Moving on; I became less and less motivated (or rather disciplined because I was almost NEVER motivated to go d2d) and I was about to change my business.
I only remember it faintly, but basically people were like "Ok Piano, it's okay if you want to do something else" after a while.

And with those statements I realised that I was once again in the end game. Make it or break it, just like with Johnny boy earlier.
I got customers and each day was looking better! It also wasn't below freezing temperature anymore during the spring so that was good.

Then I had my glow up during the spring holidays. Each day I went out, I made over 100€, on one even 200€!
But my stamina swindled as the 3 weeks went on and in the final week I think I only went out once.

I went out a few times but my self-confidence dropped which was the reason I only went outside so little compared to before (oh also because I only had 3 possible days each week where I could go out).
Now, summer holidays were a thing and I did actually go out again in the first week but then realised that I only had around 4 weeks left for my composition competition which for me took the bigger priority and worked the rest of the summer on it. I submitted it 2 hours before the deadline haha...

Btw thanks to @Spenny who mentally grounded me for the last few days before the competition, as I got mentally screwed up by all the pressure and shortly couldn't move a finger anymore.

After school started, my confidence dropped once again, probably because I was almost completely alone during all of summer vacation.
But after a bit of self-forgiveness I cured even that. And since then I went out a few times.
What I noticed was that my sales-skills became mediocre after all that waiting, however I did manage to sell 1-2 residential homes. And yesterday I was at my classmate's doorsteps talking to him and I accidentally used a sales technique on him :rofl: so I think I just need to warm up again and I'll be all good again.

However I don't plan on actually continuing like this anyway, at least not for now.
I was in Poland during the summer vacation and renewed my passport and will have it next month in my hands.
Then I will try to set up a legal form so I can finally start running ads, GMB and so on.

Though until then, I'll continue like now with window cleaning and when winter hits, I'll try piano busking because selling during the winter is traumatic haha (cold as hell, people are snobbier, nobody wants clean windows, especially after Christmas when everyone is broke af).

And that was it.

I want to thank all the people that helped me up until now (too many of you to mention each of you seperately;))!
He helped me during lots of situations per PM, namely the school problem and competition.

And @Johnny boy who made me realise what I was doing wrong in that lonely thead of mine.
Thank you!
Your action taking is going to take you far. Keep learning by doing!

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

You know what I wrote?

View attachment 51474

View attachment 51475
Those four words.

View attachment 51476

And that was it.

Thank you!
Thanks for sharing this.

Though we may have our little competition, I always like hearing from you. You helped me a good amount and give me the harsh advice I sometimes need. I wish I had your courage, discipline and action taking.

It's something I am working towards.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
OP, in your post I see action and I see progress. Very promising stuff. Good work.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I just want to add to your story a couple of things, mostly for the people who are reading and are new at this.

I remember at different points in the past year, your goals seemed so far away. You wanted everything done now. And I kept telling you to be patient, you would have these things done before you know it.

What a difference a year makes.

Most of your goals got checked off, you're setting newer and higher goals, you're a year older, a year wiser, a year stronger.

And along the way, you left out the fact that you have been inspiring others to get started or to continue on their journey.

Keep going @piano

Edit: I just realized you posted back in September. I don't think I saw this in until now. Lol.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Damn, another thread that I've nearly missed!

Happy Fastlane birthday, @piano ! We're all very proud of the progress you've made thus far! Thank you for being with us on this journey!

I deny being involved in any way with this hypothetical organization.

@constant also knows nothing about this matter and refuses to answer any further questions.

Kawer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 25, 2023
Poland
Wow, that's a very motivating thread. Thank you so much for sharing your progress!

As a new user, I'm looking forward to making such a progress.

I can see a lot of doubts, ups and downs in your story. I face them and will face a lot of them in my journey. So the knowledge that it is worth to push makes me push harder and harder.

Thank you once again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.