The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

It could always be worse. Be grateful.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
I'm staying with my dad in a airbnb in vegas for bonding time we havent had in a while. We fight a lot about trivial stuff. things he does annoys the hell out of me and vice versa. But now he is sleeping and I realize he is still an amazing dad. He gave me life. He gave me food when I was young. Money and fun activities to do. He may not be perfect. But he isnt abusive like other dads. He has never abandoned me. He has stuck by me through thick and thin. We have values that clash ALL THE TIME which causes us to fight and even not talk to each other for weeks or months on end. But he is good.

Life isnt perfect. it never will be. But look for the good. It could ALWAYS be worse. I am so happy that my dad wasnt abusive or a total dick head like ive heard other parents were. He may not have been the perfect role model but it is what it is.

Message of this post is to always look on the bright side (there is ALWAYS one), nothing is perfect, and work with what youve got. Feeling really good about life lately and want to share the joy I have with you guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Well said. A good relationship with your parents is important, and even more so as the years roll on. When maybe the tables are turned and you take over the roll of care giver. When you have a chance to repay some of the love you received in your formative years.

We are all imperfect, we all say or do things we regret. When it comes to parents, patience can be hard to master but I found it a great quality to develop. It is an excellent lubricant for all relationships and goes a long way to keeping the peace at stressful times.

Galacticum

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Nov 3, 2019
Amen. Relationships > Money

Inevitably we all come down from the highs and once we reach the lows this is what keeps us moving.
At the end we are all doing this to provide...
To provide for ourselves and the people around us who we cherish and love.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
Maan amazing post.

I think it's only fair to believe that our parents are the only people in this world that have sacrificed their entire lives for us.

When everything fails: business, job, friends, marriages etc., the only ones who are there for you 100% without change of heart are our parents.

God bless all the parents out there.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
The guy who is paralysed from the neck down envies the guy who can at least sit up in a wheelchair.

The guy in a wheelchair envies the guy who has a broken left leg who can walk with a clutch.

The guy with the broken left leg envies the warehouse assistant who can play sports.

The warehouse assistant envies the guy working in a air-con office 9-5 job.

The guy working in the air-con office 9-5 job envies his manager who is married, who drives a Porsche and has 2 mistresses on the sly.

The manager envies the director, whose garage is parked with 3 Ferraris and who goes to Penthhouse and yatch parties.

The director envies the ultra-rich entrepreneur, who buys and throws away US$13m Rolls-Royce Sweptails every day like no one's business, who gets harassed daily by A-list international female celebs who can't wait to have his babies and serve him.

The ultra-rich entrepreneur envies the skies, and wishes he can be eternal and live forever.

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
Message of this post is to always look on the bright side (there is ALWAYS one), nothing is perfect, and work with what youve got. Feeling really good about life lately and want to share the joy I have with you guys.

here is the stats :

the likehood you become a self made milionaire : maybe 1 %

the likehood you become a stronger you by working on yourself instead of working on society ( business ) : 100 %

society is owned by masterminds so you can't really win this game

milionaires don't know that the money they use will be soon worthless because this is always the case in history for the fiat money backed by nothing ( the american dollar since 1971)

so people here are playing with the cards dealt by masterminds : their fiat money

---> this is not the way to play this game

the way to play the game called " society " is to become the next you by working on yourself. nobody can steal this asset : the new you

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Post like this always nice. We have to appreciate small things in life. This is the key to success anyway!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
here is the stats :

the likehood you become a stronger you by working on yourself instead of working on society ( business ) : 100 %

milionaires don't know that the money they use will be soon worthless because this is always the case in history for the fiat money backed by nothing ( the american dollar since 1971)

so people here are playing with the cards dealt by masterminds : their fiat money

the way to play the game called " society " is to become the next you by working on yourself. nobody can steal this asset : the new you

View attachment 28522

I like the thrust of your message @guy93777 - to improve yourself.

I think you’d get your message across better by *not* generalising and saying all millionaires don’t know about fiat currency.

Could that be an unnecessary distraction from your main argument? Is that unnecessarily confrontational too?

If you had one goal for your post then what would it be? Did everything you write help you achieve that goal?

Your post is about improving ourselves. I’m curious how you think you could improve yourself, or how you could improve your writing.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm staying with my dad in a airbnb in vegas for bonding time we havent had in a while. We fight a lot about trivial stuff. things he does annoys the hell out of me and vice versa. But now he is sleeping and I realize he is still an amazing dad. He gave me life. He gave me food when I was young. Money and fun activities to do. He may not be perfect. But he isnt abusive like other dads. He has never abandoned me. He has stuck by me through thick and thin. We have values that clash ALL THE TIME which causes us to fight and even not talk to each other for weeks or months on end. But he is good.

Life isnt perfect. it never will be. But look for the good. It could ALWAYS be worse. I am so happy that my dad wasnt abusive or a total dick head like ive heard other parents were. He may not have been the perfect role model but it is what it is.

Good for you @Brian Suh.

I lost my dad less than two years ago. I remember us both being in a shop looking for a birthday present. He pointed out a sign for sale that made us both laugh. It read something like:

“My dad used to be clueless. But in the short time between my 15th and 20th birthdays he got really smart.”

I think as we get older we respect those us around more and more. When I became a parent I suddenly got an inkling of how much our parents did for me and my brother. As I get older and my kids get older then my respect for my parents just increases. They made me who I am. I’m passing that onto my kids. I’m forever grateful.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
here is the stats :

View attachment 28522

1%? I'm SO glad I didn't read this when I was young and really struggling. Maybe I wouldn't have tried so hard if I knew that I had a 99% chance of not making that millionaire benchmark. I thought the path to being financially independent was just making a good plan that you adjust as necessary. And then following that plan step by step, day after day, month after month and year after year. It's simple math, isn't it? It's cause and effect, isn't it? It's working hard and smart, isn't it? Well, isn't it?

1% uh? I would have thought it would a lot higher -- maybe 10% or 20%. I have known many, many millionaires over the years. The real trick is to hang on to that pot of $ and turn it into several million. Most people must make that first million-dollar nest egg at least 3 times -- before they learn how to hang on to it.

Then, the next trick is to find the courage to take the risk to leverage that pot of $ to make more. It's easy to get scared of taking risks after making and losing that pot a couple of times. I use the "barbell" plan. I make sure I have secure, safe investments and then I balance them with a small percentage of higher-risk investments that may bring huge returns... that reminds me... I must check on the stocks I own in a project...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.