The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is your life done when you get gray hair?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Mr. Gray

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 8, 2016
Is your life done when your hair is gray?

Today I was overhearing an older lady in her mid 60's say to a girl that just graduated high school "Enjoy every moment, because it goes by fast. Once you get gray hair like me your life is done."

I kept thinking in my head "Does this woman really think her life is done, just because she has gray hair and is older. I can't believe she thinks life is done. Look at Charlie Munger, Warren Buffett, Richard Branson, Oprah, and etc."

I was thinking about all these other people that live and enjoy life to their fullest.

I came to the conclusion that this is all she really thinks of life.

It's all about the mindset in life no matter the age young or old you have the decision to decide when your life is done. Best believe it that my life is done when I'm dead.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
...my life is done when I'm dead.

Hahaha.... yes. This is exactly it. "Gray hair" is just her excuse. Her life is over because she is not interested in doing what it takes to make it great. By the way (if gray hair bothers you), I had quite a bit of gray until I started taking ormus. Weird, but very interesting stuff. I make it myself now, but used to buy it from user "m-statematters" on ebay. Google it.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Wow.

Some people are grey by 40. I will be cashing in my fastlane at 40 (or before). With a good 40 years of the good good life left.

What a miserable outlook she has.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Preview

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio

Today I was overhearing an older lady in her mid 60's say to a girl that just graduated high school "Enjoy every moment, because it goes by fast. Once you get gray hair like me your life is done."

I kept thinking in my head "Does this woman really think her life is done, just because she has gray hair and is older. I can't believe she thinks life is done. Look at Charlie Munger, Warren Buffett, Richard Branson, Oprah, and etc."

I was thinking about all these other people that live and enjoy life to their fullest.

I came to the conclusion that this is all she really thinks of life.

It's all about the mindset in life no matter the age young or old you have the decision to decide when your life is done. Best believe it that my life is done when I'm dead.
How old or young are you?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Words fly all over the place. They don't mean anything in and among themselves. Your reality is built on choices, action and experiences.

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I shouldn't be alive...

Should have died a couple years ago. Luckily I found this natural cure for gray hair.

Never felt more alive. :clench:

71LthIsgMOL._SL1500_.jpg

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 14, 2012

Once you get gray hair like me your life is done."

If that was the case my life would have been over before starting high school. I started growing white hair that early.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I think it's hilarious that a guy called " @Mr. Gray " made this thread haha

Anyway, yeah started losing my hair and turning gray at age 25, plus I'm a bit on the short side lol. Body image issues can be a bitch for sure. This society... :rage:

Hold me brahs. Life is over.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
The King With One Grey Hair
[Ordination]​

A very very long time ago, there were people who lived much longer than they do today. They lived many thousand years. At that time, the Enlightenment Being was born as a baby named Makhadeva. He lived 84,000 years as a child and crown prince. At the time of our story, he had been a young king for 80,000 years.

One day, Makhadeva told the royal barber, "If you see any grey hair on my head, you must tell me immediately!" Of course, the barber promised to do so.

Another 4,000 years passed, until Makhadeva had been a young king for 84,000 years. Then one day, while he was cutting the king's hair, the royal barber saw just one little grey hair on all the king's head. So he said, "Oh my lord, I see one grey hair on your head." The king said, "If this be so, pull it out and put it in my hand." The barber got his golden tweezers, plucked out the single little grey hair, and put it in the king's hand.

At that time, the king still had at least another 84,000 years left to live as an old king! Looking at the one grey hair in his hand, he became very afraid of dying. He felt like death was closing in on him, as if he were trapped in a burning house. He was so afraid, that the sweat rolled down his back, and he shuddered.

King Makhadeva thought, "Oh foolish king, you have wasted all this long life and now you are near death. You have made no attempt to destroy your greed and envy, to live without hating, and to get rid of your ignorance by learning the truth and becoming wise."

As he thought this, his body burned and the sweat kept rolling down. Then he decided once and for all, "It is time to give up the kingship, be ordained as a monk, and practice meditation!" Thinking so, he granted the income of a whole town to the barber. It amounted to one-hundred-thousand per year.

Then the king called his oldest son to him and said, "My son, I have seen a grey hair. I have become old. I have enjoyed the worldly pleasures of great wealth and power. When I die, I want to be reborn in a heaven world, to enjoy the pleasures of the gods. So I will be ordained as a monk. You must now take the responsibility of ruling the country. I will live the life of a monk in the forest."

Hearing of this, the royal ministers and the rest of the court rushed to the king and said, "Our lord, why do you suddenly want to be ordained?"

The king held up the grey hair in his hand and said, "My ministers and subjects, I have realized that this grey hair shows that the three stages of life - youth, middle age and old age - are coming to an end. This first grey hair was the messenger of death sitting on my head. Grey hairs are like angels sent by the god of death. Therefore, this very day is the time for me to be ordained."

The people wept at the news of his departure. King Makhadeva gave up his royal life, went into the forest, and was ordained as a monk. There he practiced what holy men call the 'Four Heavenly States of Mind'. First is loving-kindness, tender affection for all. Second is feeling sympathy and pity for all those who suffer. Third is feeling happiness for all those who are joyful. And the fourth state is balance and calm, even in the face of difficulties or troubles.

After 84,000 years of great effort meditating and practicing these states as a humble forest monk, the Bodhisatta died. He was reborn in a high heaven world, to live a life a million years long!

The moral is: Even a long life is too short to waste.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I shouldn't be alive...

Should have died a couple years ago. Luckily I found this natural cure for gray hair.

Never felt more alive. :clench:

First thing I did when I noticed I was starting to go gray was go buy some of those and shave my head. Then, at some point, I realized if my give a shit meter was so low that I wouldn't hesitate to just shave myself bald one day, I shouldn't care about gray either.

Rocking the beginning of a skunk stripe on both sides of the melon these days.

mazo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Sep 12, 2016
Yes it's sad to see when the masses (slowlaners) are so content to munch on the same bits of grass day after day and pretend there happy, then spout out to whoever cares to listen their knowledge of life. Grab Life, Live Every Moment before you know it you'll be! 50, 60 70ish Dead...
So many of them stuck on the side.
Well. Guess that makes the road a bit clearer for us.
Grey Hair Naw Hair. You are what you think.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
This.

When you haven't done shit for 50 years, you might as well be dead.

unless your name is colonel sanders ( started his fried chicken empire at 66)

sometimes, it is better to have the best life above the masses at 70 after a life of failure

than to be an average 20 years guy with no future : slave job, TV, retirement on social security

quality is better than quantity

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
2000 years ago people died around 20 years old. at 40 you were the old wise man on the mountain

people didn't even reach the legal drinking age ( i wonder how they managed to party anyway..)

youth and old age are relative things

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
That might be true. When people ask how old I am, my first unconscious reaction is to say 28. When I say my real age (31), they're surprised because they estimate me 28 also.

28 or 31 : this is the same thing , isn't it ?

at 40, it seems to me that 28 or 31 is the same thing : you are young

ruzara5

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
May 1, 2011
Currently in Washington State
Platinum blonde is like grey. Just a color. It is what you make of your life. In business and what you do with your time. I have no hair left and I see good ideas.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.