The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this a viable search volume for a pain point?

1up

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 11, 2014
Australia (Adelaide)
I have a solution to a pain point that people have,
there are a few others that are supply a similar service but i believe i can solve it much more efficiently and quickly.
my question is, how do i determine what would be a viable search volume for my pain point?
i have looked up the pain point keyword via google keyword planner for search volume and (in Australia) it gets approximately 80k searches a month (country wide) then broken down obviously smaller searches per state (5-10k per state).

this would be a country wide service, so really the state searches don't matter.

so if i could get some advice from people with more knowledge regarding this, is 80k month searches a decent/viable amount and what would be the best way to test the market quickly to know if i have a winner or i just move on?

thankyou

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

blackhat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Mar 24, 2015
If I were you, I'd build a landing page first and send some AdWords traffic to that to see what kind of conversion rate you can get. That'll let you test the market a bit (keeping in mind that filling out a form does not mean a person will actually buy) with less cost up front. And if successful you also have a list of people interested in your product when you launch.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
I'm not an Adwords pro, but in my opinion 80k searches a month is pretty solid evidence that a lot of people have the same pain. Blackhat's advice about testing in a small way is the way to go.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
5-10k per state

That seems like enough, though it depends on your margins. If you make 50 cents a sale and grab 1% conversion per month, you're looking at $50/mo.

risingtomillions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 31, 2015
if it's an exact match then 80k is waaaaaay more than enough to build a profitable business around it. Assuming that the Lifetime customer value is pretty decent. I agree with the testing out with a landing page first. Please write some decent copy and you can mix in FB advertising with your Google adwords

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.