The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Does a Search Volume of 2,900 Represent a Scalable Business Niche?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Robin Andrews

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jun 16, 2019
UK
According to "SE Ranking" 2,900 people a month are searching for "gcse computer science ". Is it worth going there if making money is a priority for me? Especially considering many of those searches will be by teachers, whose average budget in UK schools for CS education is close to zero.... Maybe I'm missing something and it is still a viable option?

I've been digging this well for a while now, and I'm not feeling very optimistic. Here's my blog if anyone cares to take a look and see what they think of my chances with this niche. Blog - Compucademy

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

SeanODG

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 6, 2019
Chicago
According to "SE Ranking" 2,900 people a month are searching for "gcse computer science ". Is it worth going there if making money is a priority for me? Especially considering many of those searches will be by teachers, whose average budget in UK schools for CS education is close to zero.... Maybe I'm missing something and it is still a viable option?

I've been digging this well for a while now, and I'm not feeling very optimistic. Here's my blog if anyone cares to take a look and see what they think of my chances with this niche. Blog - Compucademy
It's a touch low to base an entire business around. But, look at the keyword difficulty. If it's low, you could use this as "starting point"

Then, you can move into "GCSE (insert subject here)"

Then, move into the next one

SEO is a 6-12 month ball game, but it could generate significant returns if you're willing to stick with it. for that long

Charnell

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 12, 2014
South Dakota
The intent behind a keyword matters more than the search volume. "gcse computer science" could mean anything, so those 2,900 people could be vanity visitors. "buy gcse course" could get 10 searches per month but be worth a lot more overall.

sparechange

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Who cares? Get some hard proof (value vouchers) and go from there. If it tanks scrap the idea and start over.

Even at 2900 potential customers that's still a buisness that can produce some income for you. Whether it fails or suceeds doesn't even matter, it's all about swinging the bat and learning.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Sebastya

SEO Expert
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

That's a terrible way to determine viability of a category.

Make a landing page and test it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Advanced Upwork Proposals II IS FINALLY LIVE! Here's a look at what's inside: Improved YOU...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In its infancy, we...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock