The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is there an audiobook for Unscripted with MJ DeMarco narrating?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Yea, OK, he's only done 100's of books and won countless awards, but whatever you say.

I really like the narrator of UNSCRIPTED . I think he did Scott Adams book.

Great choice MJ.

EDIT: There was a certain rawness and f*ck-youness that I liked in MFL with MJ reading as well.

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
I just finished listening to the sample and thought it was good. I already have the books and read them both twice. The narrator is important - some are good, some are bad. One review of a book, I can't remember which one, had a bad review because the narrator's pronunciations of the letter "s" was like a high pitched whistle. I listened to it and, sure enough, it was pretty terrible to listen to.

Right now I am listening to The Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal. So far, it's a great book and I recommend it. I watched a youtube video of her talk at Google before I bought the audiobook, which only touches on some of the main points in the book, so I was familiar with her voice. The strange thing is that her audiobook is read by a male. And while he's good, you would expect the book to be read by her or another female. I keep forgetting that she is the author. He sort of sounds like Simon Sinek so I keep thinking I'm listening to one of his books.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The narrator you hired was incredible. However, I have to agree with @Greg Rutkowski, having listened to The Millionaire Fastlane first with you narrating, it’s kind of a hard act to follow.
MFL was like MJ delivering a sermon, really liked it. Unscripted audiobook is great too.

I'm thinking recording an audio book is no easy feat. I'd rather hire for it, myself.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Robert_R

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Jun 8, 2017
New Mexico
I think the narrator of Unscripted did a great job. When you listen to him read the book, you’ll notice he accurately reflects MJ’s attitude and tone. If you listen to Chapter 1 (Tales from the script, A Monday story), you’ll know what I mean.

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Yea, OK, he's only done 100's of books and won countless awards, but whatever you say.

Whatever dude. I am a paying customer of basically every product you've made and I'm telling you the narrater wasn't as good as with TMF . You should narrate it yourself.

Sorry if you're too lazy to.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I am a paying customer

Ahh, so being a "paying customer" gives you the right to talk shit about stuff you know nothing about, kinda like how you did in the crypto thread. Got it.

I'm not going to go into the logistical detail about producing/narrating a 17 hour audiobook because it just wouldn't matter to you. Some people just like wallowing in ignorance, kinda like how every once in awhile, a dog will roll around in his own shit.

MrG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 19, 2015
I have both audiobooks and enjoyed them equally. I see no problem with it!

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Whatever dude. I am a paying customer of basically every product you've made and I'm telling you the narrater wasn't as good as with TMF . You should narrate it yourself.

I am not sure of your intentions here...

I am pretty sure an audiobook must take hours and hours to record, edit and review. A process that MJ could outsource and still get a high level effort from a person, like this narrator.

I paid under $10 for the audiobook and consider it as a supplementary or added bonus to the kindle version I own. I can listen to it on the way to work and at any time when I have to be hands free.

Are you trying to build a bad reputation on this forum? If so you are doing an excellent job of it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
I posted a basic question and an opinion and y’all try to shit on me.

Are you people saying the narrator is better than MJ narrating it?

Who seriously thinks that

No one
And FYI hot shot I am right about crypto and my bet still stands so far no one serious has taken me up on it
A faker has but he doesn’t have the funds

Robert_R

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Jun 8, 2017
New Mexico
No one

I don't recall anyone was saying one was better than the other. All I saw was that you preferred that MJ did the audio portion of Unscripted . The facts are that he choose not to do it and it still sold for those who wanted to listen to it (myself included). Maybe you can hire MJ to read it and you can record it for your own personal reference. I believe he charges reasonable rates for his time, $20-30K/hour but you might be able to get a discount if you ask him nicely. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or a smart donkey but I'm trying to understand why you are making this a bigger issue than it needs to be. You've stated your preference and that fine. We stated ours as well and that should be the end of it. Preferences aside, it will never change what happened and who he chose to read the book. I believe that the kind of freedom MJ has lets him determine what projects he wants to do and which ones he doesn't. I hope to have that freedom myself one day. That's all.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I really dont like the reader on the audible.com one...

He's not even good.

I posted a basic question and an opinion and y’all try to sh*t on me.

No one
And FYI hot shot I am right about crypto and my bet still stands so far no one serious has taken me up on it

tenor.gif

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

The great thing about MJ? He has F*ck you money, in his F*ck you castle, in his position of F*ck you.

Don’t like his narrator? You bought his products and want to talk smack, the customer is always right? Think MJ needs customers? Nope. He has F*ck you.

MJ clearly states in both of his books he wrote out of passion to help people, not to make money.

So when you allude to the fact you know more because you’re a customer, MJ has F*ck you on his side.

This thread is an important lesson in the position of F*ck You.

Ps, if you think I’m actually saying “F*ck you” to you, please reread the book about what F*ck you money/position is.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
The great thing about MJ? He has f*ck you money, in his f*ck you castle, in his position of f*ck you.

Don’t like his narrator? You bought his products and want to talk smack, the customer is always right? Think MJ needs customers? Nope. He has f*ck you.

MJ clearly states in both of his books he wrote out of passion to help people, not to make money.

So when you allude to the fact you know more because you’re a customer, MJ has f*ck you on his side.

This thread is an important lesson in the position of f*ck You.

Ps, if you think I’m actually saying “f*ck you” to you, please reread the book about what f*ck you money/position is.

#Featured
#GOLD

REP+++

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
The great thing about MJ? He has f*ck you money, in his f*ck you castle, in his position of f*ck you.

Don’t like his narrator? You bought his products and want to talk smack, the customer is always right? Think MJ needs customers? Nope. He has f*ck you.

So when you allude to the fact you know more because you’re a customer, MJ has f*ck you on his side.

This thread is an important lesson in the position of f*ck You.

Ps, if you think I’m actually saying “f*ck you” to you, please reread the book about what f*ck you money/position is.
Jesus what a bunch of sycophants what are you talking about man

Is that how you run your business (if you have one?)? Do you hide in a safe space and any comment or criticism is a personal attack on you and you need to cry about it?

I don't like the narrator. sorry if you're a snowflake and that offended you. I liked MJ's narration better. I stated I am a customer because I'm not just complaining about the product.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@arcola Why are you even on the forum? This is a free service offered by MJ. All I have ever seen you write is to shit on people. You are entitled to your opinion, but you go about it like a dip shit. You say "Whatever dude" to the man who hosts this forum and brings us all together, it just smacks of disrespect. You don't have to worship at the feet of MJ, but at least show some respect and some class when disagreeing with the man.

And your crypto thing.. what a joke. Again, you are entitled to your beliefs. If you insist that everyone is wrong and you are the only correct person, maybe your time is best served elsewhere? You bring nothing to the discussion. You are like a Flat-Earther showing up at a NASA convention and yelling at everyone for believing in space ships and curvature.

Grow up

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
@arcola Why are you even on the forum? This is a free service offered by MJ. All I have ever seen you write is to sh*t on people. You are entitled to your opinion, but you go about it like a dip sh*t. You say "Whatever dude" to the man who hosts this forum and brings us all together, it just smacks of disrespect. You don't have to worship at the feet of MJ, but at least show some respect and some class when disagreeing with the man.

And your crypto thing.. what a joke. Again, you are entitled to your beliefs. If you insist that everyone is wrong and you are the only correct person, maybe your time is best served elsewhere? You bring nothing to the discussion. You are like a Flat-Earther showing up at a NASA convention and yelling at everyone for believing in space ships and curvature.

Grow up

Dude read the thread I come in here with a perfectly reasonable opinion and everyone comes in and sh*ts on me including MJ. I don't bend the knee for anyone.

I'm on the forum because I knew about MJ and the fast lane years before you even joined this forum and I am a proponent of it's success (I am a fastlaner and have a real 6 figure profit per month business) and I have something to give when I'm ready.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Jesus what a bunch of sycophants what are you talking about man

Is that how you run your business (if you have one?)? Do you hide in a safe space and any comment or criticism is a personal attack on you and you need to cry about it?

I don't like the narrator. sorry if you're a snowflake and that offended you. I liked MJ's narration better. I stated I am a customer because I'm not just complaining about the product.

0546e66fdaf8a6051788eb4846db82aaaa336e-v5-wm.jpg

Please go reread my post.

I am trying to explain that MJ does not need to listen to your opinion because he is not running a business.

You took it personally.

Chill.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Wait. Wait. Wait...

Are you referring @JScott as a faker who doesn’t have the funds???

HAHA

I won’t post inside stuff out here out of respect for Jscott. But he’s posted his actual investments on the Inside. And this post is just laughable now.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I posted a basic question

Perhaps it wasn't the question, but your lack of comprehension in its answer.

What if I told you Elon Musk didn't engineer the SpaceX rocket, but hired an engineer? OMG, Musk was too lazy to do it himself!

I appreciate that you think my narration is better than a professional, and to some degree, I agree that I can put some passion behind the words more so than a hired gun, but the truth is I could not feasibly undertake this project. Had I tried to do so, it wouldn't have been released until 2020 and I would have spent upwards of hundreds, perhaps thousands of hours on it.

Robert_R

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Jun 8, 2017
New Mexico

What if I told you Elon Musk didn't engineer the SpaceX rocket, but hired an engineer? OMG, Musk was too lazy to do it himself!

I appreciate that you think my narration is better than a professional, and to some degree, I agree that I can put some passion behind the words more so than a hired gun, but the truth is I could not feasibly undertake this project. Had I tried to do so, it wouldn't have been released until 2020 and I would have spent upwards of hundreds, perhaps thousands of hours on it.

tradingplacesyeah.jpg

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles

Totally understand man. I was just making sure I didn’t buy the wrong audiobook version. Great content. Great book.

Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.