The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is there a better way to reach more people?

Marketing, social media, advertising

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
TLDR: I need to reach out to a lot more people so that i can polish my app quickly, based on their feedback.

So I've been building a desktop application that solves a particular problem for a niche im heavily involved in. The good news is, i built an MVP that i was able to showcase to the people within that niche and alot of them really liked it. About 13 out of the 26 that I've contacted have given me amazing response and great feedback to work with. Which i know is not a lot and i want to pump those numbers up.

My issue right now is that, my method of reaching out to people is very inefficient as i have to search for them in groups, check for their previous works and cold dm 1 by 1. Initially i thought that that would be a good strategy but i think my specifications (as i describe below) makes it so that i can dm only very few people.

Here's what i keep in mind every time before i contact someone:
  1. they should be relatively skilled
  2. they should post consistently
  3. they should have some requirement with this app (obviously)
  4. they must use digital tools
  5. if they're learning the skill that's a bonus because ideally i would like to attract serious students
I don't contact anyone that:
  1. seems like they're doing it for fun
  2. doesn't use mediums that would involve the usage of this app
  3. is not serious with their craft
The reason i do that is because of my assumption of a target audience. I need people that are serious enough so that i can be able to take their feedback and actually make something more out of this app. Most of these guys have given me invaluable feedback, that i alone would not have been able to think of myself. And i feel like contacting the rest would probably a waste of time and efforts with feedback that i wouldn't take seriously simply because they haven't spent enough time within that niche.

Am i going about it the wrong way? Should i just cold dm all of them and see where that takes me or just the serious ones? Is this method enough to get more people to use it?
What do you do to attract more people for your product?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
TLDR: I need to reach out to a lot more people so that i can polish my app quickly, based on their feedback.

So I've been building a desktop application that solves a particular problem for a niche im heavily involved in. The good news is, i built an MVP that i was able to showcase to the people within that niche and alot of them really liked it. About 13 out of the 26 that I've contacted have given me amazing response and great feedback to work with. Which i know is not a lot and i want to pump those numbers up.

My issue right now is that, my method of reaching out to people is very inefficient as i have to search for them in groups, check for their previous works and cold dm 1 by 1. Initially i thought that that would be a good strategy but i think my specifications (as i describe below) makes it so that i can dm only very few people.

Here's what i keep in mind every time before i contact someone:
  1. they should be relatively skilled
  2. they should post consistently
  3. they should have some requirement with this app (obviously)
  4. they must use digital tools
  5. if they're learning the skill that's a bonus because ideally i would like to attract serious students
I don't contact anyone that:
  1. seems like they're doing it for fun
  2. doesn't use mediums that would involve the usage of this app
  3. is not serious with their craft
The reason i do that is because of my assumption of a target audience. I need people that are serious enough so that i can be able to take their feedback and actually make something more out of this app. Most of these guys have given me invaluable feedback, that i alone would not have been able to think of myself. And i feel like contacting the rest would probably a waste of time and efforts with feedback that i wouldn't take seriously simply because they haven't spent enough time within that niche.

Am i going about it the wrong way? Should i just cold dm all of them and see where that takes me or just the serious ones? Is this method enough to get more people to use it?
What do you do to attract more people for your product?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
What do people already spend money on to solve the problem your app solves?

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hello, it's a good beginning if you have some feedbacks.
Have you tried facebook groups (on theme about your app), or to post on linkedin ?
Also, you can post your app on ProductHunt (and looking for similair websites), and specify it's in development and you're looking for beta testers.
I wish you good luck in your project ;)

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
What do people already spend money on to solve the problem your app solves?
Do you mean similar tools that exist in the market? It could go anywhere from free to a 30$ a month to 100$ one time fee.

Right now, i'm not charging anything. I have to test out a lot of things and im not really sure how to price it at its current state. I was trying to figure out a way to do that but i want to focus more on providing value atm.
What do you suggest?

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
Hello, it's a good beginning if you have some feedbacks.
Have you tried facebook groups (on theme about your app), or to post on linkedin ?
Also, you can post your app on ProductHunt (and looking for similair websites), and specify it's in development and you're looking for beta testers.
I wish you good luck in your project ;)
thank you for the suggestion and the postivity, ill check it out. :D

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do you mean similar tools that exist in the market? It could go anywhere from free to a 30$ a month to 100$ one time fee.

Right now, i'm not charging anything. I have to test out a lot of things and im not really sure how to price it at its current state. I was trying to figure out a way to do that but i want to focus more on providing value atm.
What do you suggest?
Figure out how to find and talk with people already spending money? Find out what *they* want and would pay you for?

Mr.Nichan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 18, 2023
Stockholm, Sweden
Try finding comunitites within your niche and post requests there. follow the money, as in find the people paying for the service you are doing better.

Maybe gamify the experience? restrict the time of usage of the app, and give the user more time to use if they provide feedback?

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
Figure out how to find and talk with people already spending money? Find out what *they* want and would pay you for?
I see, makes sense. To be honest that would mean to compete with huge, already existing corporations. I've received feedback where people have pretty much hinted that they would want a complete standalone app like the ones that already exist but with features that I am providing. That's way too big of a problem to solve and i dont have the funding for all that yet.

The money side of things is definitely a big question mark. but i'll figure it out eventually, i have a few things to work on atm and i like the general direction this is heading.

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
Try finding comunitites within your niche and post requests there. follow the money, as in find the people paying for the service you are doing better.
Hmm, good suggestion. I'll post on reddit and see how it goes.

Maybe gamify the experience? restrict the time of usage of the app, and give the user more time to use if they provide feedback?
problem is i want people to use as much as they can so that i can get to know what problems they're facing and what works. i'm not willing to do this just yet.

Mr.Nichan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 18, 2023
Stockholm, Sweden
I see, makes sense. To be honest that would mean to compete with huge, already existing corporations. I've received feedback where people have pretty much hinted that they would want a complete standalone app like the ones that already exist but with features that I am providing. That's way too big of a problem to solve and i dont have the funding for all that yet.

The money side of things is definitely a big question mark. but i'll figure it out eventually, i have a few things to work on atm and i like the general direction this is heading.
Is there a way of integrating with the current solution they are using? Do that solution have an API that you can leverage somehow?

Rome was not built in a day. There are probably people that are willing to use your solution on the side even if they are using the current thing as a main app.

You might be able to develop your thing to perfection and gather enough reviews to maybe become acquired by the big app company?

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
Is there a way of integrating with the current solution they are using? Do that solution have an API that you can leverage somehow?

Rome was not built in a day. There are probably people that are willing to use your solution on the side even if they are using the current thing as a main app.

You might be able to develop your thing to perfection and gather enough reviews to maybe become acquired by the big app company?
Exactly what i was thinking, you read my mind brother. Its either integrating with already existing apps, getting acquired or create an entirely new solution for the market. All are equally exciting.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I didn't say compete with anyone. I was getting you to think of what people already spend money on so you could figure out where to get in front of people prepared to spend money.

Let's say I had a paid platform for course creators. Maybe I could find Facebook groups of other paid platforms for course creators?

Let's say I had an email marketing service. Maybe I could find the Facebook groups of people who pay for the more expensive email marketing platforms?

It doesn't have to be just Facebook groups btw. That's just an example.

"Who already has your clients?"
- Jay Abraham

uhhfeef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Nov 17, 2022
I didn't say compete with anyone. I was getting you to think of what people already spend money on so you could figure out where to get in front of people prepared to spend money.

Let's say I had a paid platform for course creators. Maybe I could find Facebook groups of other paid platforms for course creators?

Let's say I had an email marketing service. Maybe I could find the Facebook groups of people who pay for the more expensive email marketing platforms?

It doesn't have to be just Facebook groups btw. That's just an example.

"Who already has your clients?"
- Jay Abraham
Interesting. Thank you for your insight. i'll have to think how to approach this since i have to figure out what people spend their money on and why

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.