I’m at a bit of a crossroads and wanted to get some outside opinions.
I currently run 2 mobile apps doing around $350 MRR, with about 50 average users a day. I haven’t really marketed either of them heavily yet — most of that is organic. The ideas are solid, but I’m starting to question whether I should keep pushing them or sell them and move on to something with more leverage.
The reason this came up: I was about to start running my first creator / affiliate campaign for one of the apps, and I realized how annoying the setup is.
I wanted something simple:
give every creator a link → track installs → attribute trials/subscriptions/revenue → calculate payouts
But everything I found either felt like a bloated MMP, too enterprise, or technically useful but boring / under-marketed. It feels weird that this still isn’t dead simple for indie app founders.
That got me thinking maybe the better play is to sell the shovels instead of digging for gold with another app.
The idea would be something like:
Track Installs. Attribute Revenue. Reward Partners.
Mobile growth infrastructure for app teams that need creator links, deferred deep linking, revenue attribution, and automated payouts — without bloated MMPs.
Basically: a lightweight way for mobile app founders to run creator, affiliate, referral, email, QR, and website-button campaigns and actually know which ones drove installs and revenue.
I’m also open to selling the two apps I currently run if anyone is interested. They’re small, live, generating revenue, and haven’t been pushed hard on marketing yet.
Curious how people see this:
Would you keep trying to grow the apps, or is there a better opportunity in building the infrastructure layer for app growth?
I currently run 2 mobile apps doing around $350 MRR, with about 50 average users a day. I haven’t really marketed either of them heavily yet — most of that is organic. The ideas are solid, but I’m starting to question whether I should keep pushing them or sell them and move on to something with more leverage.
The reason this came up: I was about to start running my first creator / affiliate campaign for one of the apps, and I realized how annoying the setup is.
I wanted something simple:
give every creator a link → track installs → attribute trials/subscriptions/revenue → calculate payouts
But everything I found either felt like a bloated MMP, too enterprise, or technically useful but boring / under-marketed. It feels weird that this still isn’t dead simple for indie app founders.
That got me thinking maybe the better play is to sell the shovels instead of digging for gold with another app.
The idea would be something like:
Track Installs. Attribute Revenue. Reward Partners.
Mobile growth infrastructure for app teams that need creator links, deferred deep linking, revenue attribution, and automated payouts — without bloated MMPs.
Basically: a lightweight way for mobile app founders to run creator, affiliate, referral, email, QR, and website-button campaigns and actually know which ones drove installs and revenue.
I’m also open to selling the two apps I currently run if anyone is interested. They’re small, live, generating revenue, and haven’t been pushed hard on marketing yet.
Curious how people see this:
Would you keep trying to grow the apps, or is there a better opportunity in building the infrastructure layer for app growth?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
