The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which is the better opportunity?

Which job?

• Job in NYC, Sales

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Job in Charlotte NC, Corporate Finance

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Sean Nickerson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 29, 2019
I am a fresh college graduate with a degree in finance and economics. As I begin to journey out into the real world, I have been struggling for the past month to decide path to take. Reading the Millionaire Fastlane by MJ has really opened my eyes to what I want to do and who I am. My only fear is being stuck, slaving away in the corporate finance world the rest of my life. Like most people, I aspire to be an entrepreneur and achieve financial and life-long freedom. I realize that it will take hard work and that I need some experience under my belt before I decide what business is right for me. I have 2 opportunities to choose from. The option to take a sales job that consists of cold calling to start in NYC or to start in corporate finance in Charlotte, NC. The city is very expensive and is easy to get caught up into the non-stop work grind that would leave me no room to research my future business. On the other hand, I am not sure Charlotte is the best place to start. I am open to any thoughts, comments, or suggestions that anyone may have in the current situation I face.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've added a poll.

If your long-game vision is entrepreneurship, which job moves the needle on the long game?

A sales job is helpful as an entrepreneur (Experience) but living in NYC is terribly expensive.

The Charlotte job sounds more regimented and might offer you more free time.

Welcome to the forum.

Sean Nickerson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 29, 2019
I've added a poll.

If your long-game vision is entrepreneurship, which job moves the needle on the long game?

A sales job is helpful as an entrepreneur (Experience) but living in NYC is terribly expensive.

Welcome to the forum.
I've added a poll.

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for the feedback MJ. Your book has been extremely helpful in shaping my goals and learning processes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.