The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is taking a sales job the only 'rat race' resistant 9-5 for an entry level entrepeneur?

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Jimbo123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 30, 2022
Just finished studying business at university, I now know everything there is to know about business and have had 6 figure jobs thrown at me.

Joking aside, I'm driven to pursue sales. Through the process of trying many freelance gigs and a lead generation side hustle, I've realized that prospecting, cold calling, booking appointments and making deals on meetings is actually wayyy more thrilling than actually fulfilling and putting a smile on a customer's face (Is this normal, or am I a psychopath?). I'm totally aware that fulfillment is crucial for a business pipeline, I'm just exaggerating where I get a kick in business.

Anyway, I'm stuck for money and just getting out of dead end work would be a good thing to happen right now lol.
Question is, am I being slowly turned in to the rat race?

Plan now I've finished uni:

> Get this job in sales, posted here Sales Development Representative - Prime
Looks legit, great recruiter and actually building skills that will last be in any business I choose to pursue. They claim I'd be hitting 6 figures in a few years, not bad and can still have time to continue side hustles. Yes I have experience in cold calling and don't have nerves picking up the phone.

I'm always on the hunt for feedback and cautious of shiny object syndrome, so would love any input or advice for a uni student who feels like he's landed on his feet with a high value fulfilling job that will make him more money in one year than he's ever made in his life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
Anyway, I'm stuck for money and just getting out of dead end work would be a good thing to happen right now lol.
A lot of people on the forum feel like it would be so amazing to have a lot more money and no job responsibilities. But, would having it suddenly "right now," really help you? What would you have learned? Where would you have failed? How would you have grown? Do you really know what you'd do with money and no job responsibilities?

Question is, am I being slowly turned in to the rat race?
Why are you asking this? Out of fear of being stuck in a 9-to-5 forever? Out of not truly having a direction you would go in if you didn't take a job and suddenly had money and no job responsibilities?

Looks legit, great recruiter and actually building skills that will last be in any business I choose to pursue.
Sounds kind of contradictory to that last quote of yours. Where's internal conflict? Many many accomplished entrepreneurs have commented on this forum many times that they have found a lot of value in getting a job first. There are a few successful people here who disagree, and they've also posted their views many times. Have you taken the time to dig into the forum to help sort yourself out and make a plan for yourself?

Jeix

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Oct 1, 2018
Milan, Italy
You're young, it's okay to try things out and fail, do what you like to do and gain experience.

The short answer to your question is that fastlaners don't join sales programs that promise 6 figures a year.

Fastlaners offer sales programs that promise 6 figures a year, which translates to millions in revenue for them.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
prospecting, cold calling, booking appointments and making deals on meetings is actually wayyy more thrilling than actually fulfilling and putting a smile on a customer's face (Is this normal, or am I a psychopath?). I'm totally aware that fulfillment is crucial for a business pipeline, I'm just exaggerating where I get a kick in business
Lean into it. It's best to do what comes naturally to you and what you're driven to do.

Get skilled at it so you're more valuable, then figure out how to help more people, get paid, and help more people.

Nothing wrong with having a job to reskill or level up. I was an IT contractor for 10 years, fell into Google Ads, took a couple of jobs to reskill, then went back freelancing but as a Google Ads guy.

Oh, and to answer the question in your thread title... No. How is it the *only* way?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.