Sup,
Long story short, my story was here: STORY - Retrospective on 4 years in a pursuit of entrepreneurship. 13 lessons and a life story from a self-taught software engineer and a window cleaner. , but as of right now:
- I spend 5 hours a day writing software for a client,
- I spend the rest 10 hours a day doing window cleaning,
The latter pays me 5 times more than the former (I'd argue, the former didn't pay me at all since July, and it's October now).
Maybe I should just continue doing it every day, but every day as I'm knocking doors I can't help but think "damn, this isn't where I wanted my life to end up".
I wanted to switch jobs, but I couldn't have found a job as a SWE. I didn't look that much though, not actively within the last three months. I just build the software that I'm told (it was one long project for 3 months which is now nearing completion but isn't fully delivered yet). Before last weeks, I have worked as a SWE for 16 hours a day.
Anyway, I'm looking to switch to something that would pay me more. Scaling cleaning business is one thing, I could try this as I did the last year, but I don't know. Is such a future one that I want to build for myself?
---
Folks who are outside of the software - traditional businesses, are you getting bombarded by software agencies these days? I guess I would want to know how competitive is the market.
Long story short, my story was here: STORY - Retrospective on 4 years in a pursuit of entrepreneurship. 13 lessons and a life story from a self-taught software engineer and a window cleaner. , but as of right now:
- I spend 5 hours a day writing software for a client,
- I spend the rest 10 hours a day doing window cleaning,
The latter pays me 5 times more than the former (I'd argue, the former didn't pay me at all since July, and it's October now).
Maybe I should just continue doing it every day, but every day as I'm knocking doors I can't help but think "damn, this isn't where I wanted my life to end up".
I wanted to switch jobs, but I couldn't have found a job as a SWE. I didn't look that much though, not actively within the last three months. I just build the software that I'm told (it was one long project for 3 months which is now nearing completion but isn't fully delivered yet). Before last weeks, I have worked as a SWE for 16 hours a day.
Anyway, I'm looking to switch to something that would pay me more. Scaling cleaning business is one thing, I could try this as I did the last year, but I don't know. Is such a future one that I want to build for myself?
---
Folks who are outside of the software - traditional businesses, are you getting bombarded by software agencies these days? I guess I would want to know how competitive is the market.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
