The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Down But Not Out: Job or Freelancing? (to recoup my Fastlane investments)

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
May 30, 2023
Sup.
So, I've been trying businesses for more than year now.
Read the Millionaire Fastlane , on my way to finish Unscripted .
But too late - I'm out of monetary resources. Out of runway - I spent too much on ads that didn't bring a single sale.

Now, I will continue to try and, thanks to you I have the producer mindset.

That said, I now need to recoup some money... Elsewhere. 2 obvious choices are - to the job - I used to be a programmer) and freelance - web design/programmer.

Both seem fairly decent and have their ups and downs, but here is the extended list:

the job - as an SWE (fullstack?)
1. I learned programming last year and worked as an backend engineer.
2. About that time I read The 4 Hour Work Week... And well, the story is like described in Unscripted - I got fired - because I was a dumb kid who thought he is immune and . Almost until a couple of days ago that I've learned about the producer mindset did.
Total work duration - 4 months. May be very bad because

3. As soon as I started working on that job worked on my own software startup. I didn't make a sale there as well, but 5 months of work on my startup - maybe it'll be useful for my resume?
If yes, I plan to write a "I'm an entrepreneur"

4. I am an entrepreneur, deep inside, yet because I've recently understood the "it's all about the value you are creating" - I guess I can provide value there, while I'm figuring out how to provide value to people online.
5. Pay - legally, I can work max 20 hours per week. My last job paid me 8€/hour, and after taxes my income was ~500-550€/month.
Well, i'll have 20 hours less and a very good reason to move forward.

And now, freelance
1. Never freelanced before. My mother and father are - they are both print&web designers - been there for 2 years already, so they can help me with advice if anything.

2. Again, never freelanced before. I know I can do a good backend, but the frontend I learned for my startup and design - I've only learned them for my recent funnel designs - I thought that would help
Design course, if I got to go there, is yet to be finished.
Bottom line - not sure if I will be able to create a design that people will find appealing. That is trainable of course, but it might take a week or 2.

3. Potentially I've learned a lot of marketing recently and in my *offer* of web design I can also include advising them with funnels and traffic. I understand how funnels are to be built on paper, but I don't really understand how to build them - how to fill them in a way that converts and builds trust to audience.
4. Pay - ??? I am in eastern Europe, can I charge like Americans?
5. Will people take my offers if they know that I had less than one year of experience?
The bonus in freelance that I can build *offers*. Not just a commodity, but an offer of, for example setting up email marketing, lead magnets, helping them create their own value ladders, marketing, etc.
Current position - 300€ on bank account with minimal monthly spending ~250€. Spent on ads 10€ daily, but... Guess time to turn them off.

What should I choose?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.