The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is calling necessary for a web developer?

OliverN2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Apr 16, 2021
I wanted to try to sell some websites via cold mailing, but I don't know if selling the website is possible without contacting by phone. When you write an email, does the client want to talk to you on the phone?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I wanted to try to sell some websites via cold mailing, but I don't know if selling the website is possible without contacting by phone. When you write an email, does the client want to talk to you on the phone?
I`m curious what would you say on the phone if it comes to that.
Whats your plan?

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 12, 2019
Yes, pretty much everyone will want to talk with you on the phone. Talking on the phone will also increase trust if you're doing it right. Is there a reason you want to avoid doing phone calls?

Most business owners are bombarded with emails trying to sell services.

OliverN2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Apr 16, 2021
Yes, pretty much everyone will want to talk with you on the phone. Talking on the phone will also increase trust if you're doing it right. Is there a reason you want to avoid doing phone calls?

Most business owners are bombarded with emails trying to sell services.
Thanks for the information. There is a problem. I am not from England, I know some basic sentences in English, so it would be difficult for me to talk to the client. By email it is much easier, if you don't know the word you can find the translation easily. Additionally, there are free plugins in the browser that improve the syntax. I could do it in my country, but I really doubt that I would be able to earn at least PLN 2,000 + I'm not good at talking with other people.
I`m curious what would you say on the phone if it comes to that.
Whats your plan?
So theoretically, if that happened, I would check their page first and list things that could be changed / added. Then, during a telephone conversation, ask if they have a problem in the company (few customers, too many emails with questions, etc.), then explain how the website could solve their problem and propose some changes / adding some value.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thanks for the information. There is a problem. I am not from England, I know some basic sentences in English, so it would be difficult for me to talk to the client. By email it is much easier, if you don't know the word you can find the translation easily. Additionally, there are free plugins in the browser that improve the syntax. I could do it in my country, but I really doubt that I would be able to earn at least PLN 2,000 + I'm not good at talking with other people.

PLN is Polish zloty so I am guessing you are from Poland.

It is best to get a solid base of past websites first before contracting international clients.
Some projects that show you solved real business problems and got some valuable results.

The better the results the better your chances of getting some interest when you reach out.

Also you got to factor in their risk factor. They will be skeptical to work with you.

So what can help there is if you do some "warmer" projects first - basically once you got some decent Polish results (or as you are building them) reach out to Polish businesses in the Uk as well.Try get work with them first as they are more likely to work with you and having done "UK work" is going to make it easier for a normal UK business to work with you.

To kinda map this out:
- Do 1-2 Poland projects focused on helping a business in a real way (not just design)
- Then try get some connections to a business in the UK and/or contact Polish UK businesses first
- Then use your best results from the above projects to reach out to the most relevant UK businesses

Just reaching out to random UK / international clients is going to have a very low chance of success.

If you got any more questions go for it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.