The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is a love relationship a good investment?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Are love expenses worth it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
If you're asking these types of questions, you aren't ready for love or any long-term relationship for that matter.

By the way, that's a horrible limiting belief that love costs money and using expressions like "love expenses."

If you're worried about spending a few bucks on a cup of coffee or gas to take your date to the park, you have something else to worry about than "love expenses."

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
ever heard the phrase “the whole is greater than the sum of its parts?”

pabloferrero

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 2, 2018
If you're asking these types of questions, you aren't ready for love or any long-term relationship for that matter.

By the way, that's a horrible limiting belief that love costs money and using expressions like "love expenses."

If you're worried about spending a few bucks on a cup of coffee or gas to take your date to the park, you have something else to worry about than "love expenses."

How about the TIME?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Plank

That's not sawdust.. it's Man Glitter
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Jul 20, 2016
Tennesse
Go read "The Rational Male" or listen to it on audible.. Report back afterword your whole outlook will change from that one eye opening book so far you'll never recognize the guy that just asked that question..

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Go read "The Rational Male" or listen to it on audible.. Report back afterword your whole outlook will change from that one eye opening book so far you'll never recognize the guy that just asked that question..

That book made me depressed because it was all true.

Haven't had a girlfriend since lol.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
You should marry that book..all you ever do is talk about it

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Where does a love relationship fit in the fastlane framework? Given that love costs money.
Given the potential of any first time post, you wasted yours with this dumbass question.

First of all, love transcends money.

Any successful relationship is a balance of give and take, where both halves support each other, but also draw contrasts, keeping each other on the up and up.

Money isn't part of the equation, aside from a lack of money which causes stress and tension in a relationship. Despite that, my wife and I fell in love and committed ourselves to each other during a period where we were totally broke. Money isn't a factor in our love for each other.

Given the context of your post I assume you are both broke and single. I would start with reevaluating how you view all of your relationships. Then work on making some cash.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

I suggest you don’t read this book. All I have seen is severe douchebaggery associated with it.

Yes, relationships can be very worth the time and money. I wouldn’t have half of the motivation I have without my supportive wife.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I suggest you don’t read this book. All I have seen is severe douchebaggery associated with it.

If you haven't read it you can't say that lol.

If you have then yeh your entitled to that opinion.

It's like me saying unscripted is shit and full of loser dreamers, that will always be broke chasing a dream that won't happen but not actually reading the book.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
How about the TIME?
That's selfish. A relationship is about giving. Don't think of a relationship as things being taken away from you. In the case of a relationship there does need to be some selfishness but it's a benevolent selfishness. You're giving because it's genuine and authentic. A relationship shouldn't be like a monetary transaction. It is NOT a transaction. If you do not want to take the time to be with that person then DON"T!

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I wouldn’t have half of the motivation I have without my supportive wife.
This is huge, and a large number of guys just don't understand it due to lack of experience. Instead they assume to know it all and denounce marriage and committed relationships. F*ck bitches get money.

Luckily for you guys time is the greatest teacher of all. Some just experience it sooner than others.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Nothing wrong with having a girlfriend or not. The book is simply a tool used to help you get a better understanding of woman and intersexual dynamics. For you to seek the type of relationships you want. People get douchey because there is some unpleasant truths in the book that some people have a hard time dealing with.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Yes, relationships can be very worth the time and money. I wouldn’t have half of the motivation I have without my supportive wife.

That's awesome.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
upload_2018-12-7_23-36-33.jpeg

6c83e20f10c0229cb6583cde51f1c9ed--building-an-empire-a-strong-woman.jpg

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
This is huge, and a large number of guys just don't understand it due to lack of experience. Instead they assume to know it all and denounce marriage and committed relationships. f*ck bitches get money.

Luckily for you guys time is the greatest teacher of all. Some just experience it sooner than others.

This is not true at all the guy who wrote the books is married.

Different men want different things some want marriage some don't who cares, whatever makes you happy. Let me ask you all this why do you seem to NEED a woman?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Nothing wrong with having a girlfriend or not. The book is simply a tool used to help you get a better understanding of woman and intersexual dynamics. For you to seek the type of relationships you want. People get douchey because there is some unpleasant truths in the book that some people have a hard time dealing with.
It's more the fact that it's become very ubiquitous with the Men Go Their Own Way Movement. With these men hating women thing. It's really dumb how people have taken the book to an extreme but I guess that's just human nature.

Look, men and women are different. Both genders are just evolutionarily designed in certain ways. But, I do think we really need to get rid of this Battle of the Sexes mentality.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
It's more the fact that it's become very ubiquitous with the Men Go Their Own Way Movement. With these men hating women thing. It's really dumb how people have taken the book to an extreme but I guess that's just human nature.

Look, men and women are different. Both genders are just evolutionarily designed in certain ways. But, I do think we really need to get rid of this Battle of the Sexes mentality.

Yeh I agree. People could say the same about us here at the fastlaner forum.

Human beings are funny creatures.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
It doesn't fit in the framework.

Fastlane is about creating a business that meets the CENTS criteria. I'm not sure what that has to do with having a romantic relationship.

I guess a relationship will eat up time, but I doubt most people spend every minute of the day on their business.

It's generally a good idea to not involve your romantic partner in your business. People make it work. It's risky though.

Plank

That's not sawdust.. it's Man Glitter
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Jul 20, 2016
Tennesse

Wow.. assume much?

I'm happily married of 17 years and my wife is my best friend.
I still believe every man should read that book.
It helps to put in perspective the modern expectations of women and men.

Nowadays, you got a vast majority of men running around being capt' save a hoes.. and they can't even save themselves.

That book doesn't tell you to treat women like shit. But it does help you avoid being treated like shit.

If someone is asking weather being an entrepreneur is even worth it while he's in a relationship, I believe he has a jacked up view of what a relationship should be, and that book should help to square himself away.

My wife has read that book and she agrees with it being the number one book our son will be reading before dating..
Just like the FLM and Unscripted, this should be basic 101 reading for all guys.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium

So because you heard one douchebag about it, it's a bad book?

Better avoid the bible as well then.

mikey3times

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jun 21, 2013
Massachusetts
Is a love relationship a good investment?

As others have said, this is a poor question, but I will answer anyway.

This is a lot like asking, “are stocks a good investment?”

Some are amazing investments, some are terrible investments.

Are you ready to invest in stocks? Do you know enough about your temperament and tendencies to weather major market turmoil? When the markets are going up, everyone is happy. When something bad or crazy happens, only the strong survive.

Are you prepared to put in the work to ensure you make a good investment? Have you done your homework? Taken the time to really get to know the investment? Are you prepared to spend the time required to keep you and your investment healthy?

On the other hand, you’ll never be ready if all you do is Action-fake. The only way to find out is to make a small investment and see how it goes. You can always invest more as you find out more about yourself. Never invest more than you are prepared to lose.

A relationship can be the best investment you ever make. It can be the worst investment you ever make.

The only common denominator is YOU.

Also, read this:
GOLD! - Sorry, But the Forum Can't Make Your Life Decisions For You!!

Mahrous

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Dec 7, 2018
As others have said, this is a poor question, but I will answer anyway.

This is a lot like asking, “are stocks a good investment?”

Some are amazing investments, some are terrible investments.

Are you ready to invest in stocks? Do you know enough about your temperament and tendencies to weather major market turmoil? When the markets are going up, everyone is happy. When something bad or crazy happens, only the strong survive.

Are you prepared to put in the work to ensure you make a good investment? Have you done your homework? Taken the time to really get to know the investment? Are you prepared to spend the time required to keep you and your investment healthy?

On the other hand, you’ll never be ready if all you do is Action-fake. The only way to find out is to make a small investment and see how it goes. You can always invest more as you find out more about yourself. Never invest more than you are prepared to lose.

A relationship can be the best investment you ever make. It can be the worst investment you ever make.

The only common denominator is YOU.

Also, read this:
GOLD! - Sorry, But the Forum Can't Make Your Life Decisions For You!!
Now this is a high value answer

Healthfulness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Oct 7, 2018
Denmark
We had a talk about this with my friend and I can tell you, there is no one right answer.
You need to be really honest and self aware, to answer it yourself.
I honestly realised, that there is no way I could fit relationships in my life, simply I couldn't manage my time and energy. It would definitely slow down my fastlane projects as I would get really attached to the girl and would be thinking about her 24/7, that way decreasing my productivity in other areas of life.
For some, who have their life more "together", partner might be the missing piece of puzzle called life, but for me, there are many other pieces I need to put in place before I can think about relationships, otherwise other pieces will never find their place.
I'm also fairly young and haven't had decent relationships, which also explains why I could not manage it while switching to fastline.
Relationships would be extra weight on my way to fastlane, I rather drop everything (shit habits, partly social life and other time/energy wasting activities), get comfortably on fastlane and then start thinking If I would like to share my life with someone.
Hope this helps! :)

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

Spot freakin on

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Wow.. assume much?

I'm happily married of 17 years and my wife is my best friend.
I still believe every man should read that book.
It helps to put in perspective the modern expectations of women and men.

Nowadays, you got a vast majority of men running around being capt' save a hoes.. and they can't even save themselves.

That book doesn't tell you to treat women like sh*t. But it does help you avoid being treated like sh*t.

If someone is asking weather being an entrepreneur is even worth it while he's in a relationship, I believe he has a jacked up view of what a relationship should be, and that book should help to square himself away.

My wife has read that book and she agrees with it being the number one book our son will be reading before dating..
Just like the FLM and Unscripted, this should be basic 101 reading for all guys.
+1

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.