The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ippei kanehara Local Lead Gen Week 2 Update

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
How did you conduct your niche research and due diligence?
They give us a pretty cool excel sheet in the group.

We check search volume, population size, backlink, content, and citation amount + the amount of businesses in the area.

It's pretty thorough for sure.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Do you create content or just run ads?
Created content for my website, also picked relevant keywords for ads and a generic little copy. I'm not a genius at google ads haha.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
It costs about $5000.

I had a call with them and I was extremely disappointed with the sales person. I actually tried to figure out a way to get out of the call ASAP - it was that bad. Not pushy - just very disinterested in selling from the get go. Even a 10 year old running a lemonade stand can sell better.
Really? I thought my sales call went pretty well, he answered all my questions and was easy to talk to...I had Shiv for mine. Who did you have?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

neofox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Feb 2, 2021
Really? I thought my sales call went pretty well, he answered all my questions and was easy to talk to...I had Shiv for mine. Who did you have?

I didn't get Shiv.

All I can say is the guy didn't even bother building rapport. That's why I say a 10 year old can do better cos at least they will be like, "Sir/Ma'am, would you like to buy a glass of lemonade?" with a smile.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
I didn't get Shiv.

All I can say is the guy didn't even bother building rapport. That's why I say a 10 year old can do better cos at least they will be like, "Sir/Ma'am, would you like to buy a glass of lemonade?" with a smile.
Sorry your call didn't go so well...do you have any questions about it I could help you with? Obviously there's nothing in it for me lol, but if you're interested in the model, I wouldn't mind helping a fellow fastlaner out haha.

CJW737

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 5, 2021
Sorry your call didn't go so well...do you have any questions about it I could help you with? Obviously there's nothing in it for me lol, but if you're interested in the model, I wouldn't mind helping a fellow fastlaner out haha.
Hey Kal, I've been reading up on your posts and was wondering if there was a way I can contact you? I'm unsure of the rules here about outside contact, however if there is some way of contacting you please let me know! We are both in very similar situations!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Hey Kal, I've been reading up on your posts and was wondering if there was a way I can contact you? I'm unsure of the rules here about outside contact, however if there is some way of contacting you please let me know! We are both in very similar situations!
I think you can send me a private message in here. A few others have reached out that way. How exactly can I help you?

CJW737

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 5, 2021
I think you can send me a private message in here. A few others have reached out that way. How exactly can I help you?
Unfortunately there is a threshold for posts to be allowed to message you! It's mainly questions about the course you took, I don't really want to type out a massive huge paragraph in public as it will contain some personal stuff about myself!

Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
No new deals to report right now...but I am in talks now with a national company, hopefully I play my cards right!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Didn't play my cards right...

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
What happened?
Honestly think I was just too nervous during my presentation over zoom. My mindset just wasn't right. I think I got scared since I was talking to some big guys (which i was) but they could probably feel that coming off me.

Just some personal development I have to work on.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Honestly think I was just too nervous during my presentation over zoom. My mindset just wasn't right. I think I got scared since I was talking to some big guys (which i was) but they could probably feel that coming off me.

You win some you lose some. No need to worry about it. Note down what you think you did wrong and learn how to correct them for next time.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
closed a small deal today, but hey, don't get mad at your money right?...$500 a month. ~85% profit margin.

Niche: tree service
flat rate: proof of calls to justify price.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

I saw you posted a different thread asking how to do SEO for big national companies. I'm guessing your uncertainty in your ability to rank them may have played a role.

The good news: you were able to get this door opened. You'll be able to get more opened.

More good news: In our business, it is easy to get the experience we need to have the confidence we need to have. Just set up a site you intend to have a national reach, build it, launch it, rank it. By the time you get, idk, 10k? 50k? visitors per month, you'll have all the confidence you need to get the rankings you want to get. And you'll have a site's data to show that you practice what you preach.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
landed a 3 site deal for $1200 a month. Signing in a couple weeks.

WebDevDrew

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 25, 2021
landed a 3 site deal for $1200 a month. Signing in a couple weeks.
I literally just discovered this thread and your other one a couple days ago after researching extensively regarding this business model and Ippei's/Dan's course. So far I've been able to chat and jump on calls from people who also have taken the course and everyone has said it's been life changing. They say you learn a whole lot more than just lead gen and most people are able to craft other business ideas with the amount of support from the group. Congrats on closing this deal! Keep the updates coming!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
I literally just discovered this thread and your other one a couple days ago after researching extensively regarding this business model and Ippei's/Dan's course. So far I've been able to chat and jump on calls from people who also have taken the course and everyone has said it's been life changing. They say you learn a whole lot more than just lead gen and most people are able to craft other business ideas with the amount of support from the group. Congrats on closing this deal! Keep the updates coming!
Yeah man it really is life changing. I've been more active on these zoom meetings than I was in my college ones haha! These people are next level and the ones you really want to be around fr fr.

ZoeyBee

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 1, 2021
Yeah man it really is life changing. I've been more active on these zoom meetings than I was in my college ones haha! These people are next level and the ones you really want to be around fr fr.
Hi Kal-El1998! I actually found this forum while researching Ippei and Dan's course. I was able to talk to a couple of people who've taken it and then was blown off by another. Sounds like you've had a good experience. My two main concerns based on what I researched was the practice of buying backlinks using PBNs. No one I talked to wanted to say they are black hat techniques - I guess they are at minimum gray hat. Still, from what I understand Google strictly forbids it and can penalize your site which means it can be risky for your site and business. Does what they teach heavily rely on this strategy?

Also, I got mixed messages about the Facebook group. On the one hand it sounded like everyone is mostly helpful and supportive with a bit of tough love. On the other hand it also sounded like sometimes it can get abrasive and has a "bro culture" feel to it.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this please.

fmpgetnrich

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 25, 2017
Berlin
Thank you for sharing your experience Kal-El1998.

I was wondering how do you make sure you actually get the 15% when a deal is closed? Or rather: How do you even know a deal is closed after you just forward the lead?

Thanks and keep hustling! I am thinking about getting into LeadGen myself. I have experience in WebDev and some SEO.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Hi Kal-El1998! I actually found this forum while researching Ippei and Dan's course. I was able to talk to a couple of people who've taken it and then was blown off by another. Sounds like you've had a good experience. My two main concerns based on what I researched was the practice of buying backlinks using PBNs. No one I talked to wanted to say they are black hat techniques - I guess they are at minimum gray hat. Still, from what I understand Google strictly forbids it and can penalize your site which means it can be risky for your site and business. Does what they teach heavily rely on this strategy?

Also, I got mixed messages about the Facebook group. On the one hand it sounded like everyone is mostly helpful and supportive with a bit of tough love. On the other hand it also sounded like sometimes it can get abrasive and has a "bro culture" feel to it.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this please.
In the training they teach you how to go out and find your own backlinks, they don't preach PBN's. I've done most of the backlinking and research behind that for my sites.

Some people use PBN's some don't. Personally I haven't seen it negatively effect anyone in the group. What you don't want to fall for is "well google says this..." because at the end of the day google just wants to scare people off. They know that we know how to rank sites (lowkey against their will). Really google just wants people to buy more google ads. Just one of their scare tactics IMO.

I'd say the description of "supportive with tough love" is an accurate description. IMO it's not got a bro culture feel to it. Idk maybe since I'm on the younger end I'm more callused to that stuff...but no one is in the group posting lambos and mansions or shit if that's what you mean. The FB group is heavily moderated and is always kept on topic.

Hope this helps!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience Kal-El1998.

I was wondering how do you make sure you actually get the 15% when a deal is closed? Or rather: How do you even know a deal is closed after you just forward the lead?

Thanks and keep hustling! I am thinking about getting into LeadGen myself. I have experience in WebDev and some SEO.
Hi! So I like to run my business on a "trust but F*ckin verify" approach.

I know business owners are hit up all the time by sleezebags or foreign scammers from india, so when me as 22 yr old american kid hits them up, I already know I have to fight against the bad marketer / inexperienced kid narrative.

I send them the leads and I will call them up on the first couple to ask if they've closed. Most of the times they're honest.

However I did have one experience last month where a guy took a 40k tree job and ran. Jokes on him though, I called the company who he did the work for up and it's safe to say they'll likely never use him again or recommend them.

The simple fact of the matter is you have to be honest in business. If you're not, you're not gonna last long. Luckily most owners already know this and don't try to jerk ya around.

At least that's my experience with it thusfar.

ZoeyBee

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 1, 2021
In the training they teach you how to go out and find your own backlinks, they don't preach PBN's. I've done most of the backlinking and research behind that for my sites.

Some people use PBN's some don't. Personally I haven't seen it negatively effect anyone in the group. What you don't want to fall for is "well google says this..." because at the end of the day google just wants to scare people off. They know that we know how to rank sites (lowkey against their will). Really google just wants people to buy more google ads. Just one of their scare tactics IMO.

I'd say the description of "supportive with tough love" is an accurate description. IMO it's not got a bro culture feel to it. Idk maybe since I'm on the younger end I'm more callused to that stuff...but no one is in the group posting lambos and mansions or shit if that's what you mean. The FB group is heavily moderated and is always kept on topic.

Hope this helps!
Yup that was exactly what I meant (re: lambos and mansions) so good to know the group isn't just a big space to brag. I can do supportive with tough love - works well for me. Thanks for your honest response!

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Set up a meeting with a startup roofer tomorrow morning. Gonna try to get 2500 per month.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Set up a meeting with a startup roofer tomorrow morning. Gonna try to get 2500 per month.
Got him on at $1950 with a commitment of growth to $2500 per month and beyond as I prove myself and bring him more and more jobs consistently.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
Gonna talk with a concrete contractor on Friday. Looking at his market, I'm thinking either a 10% commission deal or $3,000 a month.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.