The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Inventor's Virtual Meetup

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
The next inventor's meeting will be on the 24th. We're delaying this one a bit because core members aren't able to be there tomorrow.

Times:
PDT: 8 AM
MDT: 9 AM
CDT: 10 AM
EST: 11 AM
GMT: 4 PM
CET: 5 PM
IST: 9:30 PM

Meeting topic:
Bootstrapping your invention

@MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Following up after @Aidan04 post above.

We will be hosting on Sunday the 25th, NOT Saturday the 24th.

Next Meeting Information:
Sunday February 25th, 2024:

I'll be dropping off my fiance at the bus station just before the start of the meeting... I should be back on time, however, if I am late, @Aidan04 will start the meeting. The link will be posted below, 10 minutes before the start of the meeting.

@MJ DeMarco

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
:thumbsup:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Solid meeting today guys.

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
Honestly, this meeting was just different. I mean I haven't been in many sessions overall. However, the advice and support I got in just one session was just amazing. It felt like a strong community of people together, one may even say like a family of inventors together.

If you have no clue or have a question or have some thought - even if you think others won't like. Still come into the meeting and these guys will help you straight away no matter what!

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Sunday March 10th, 2024:

Meeting Topics:
How to get your invention to market

A link will be provided 10 minutes before the meetup.

We are going to be trying something new next meeting. We are going to limit ourselves to a 1-hour meeting. That way, we focus on the most important topics so people have time to do the work they need to do during the weekend.

The One

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Feb 25, 2023
UK
Fusion is great, got the student version - so one year free. All you need is documentation of your school.

It's hard, I'm used to using google sketch which is waaay more simpler than this. This is just on another level. I think I'm starting to see why you lot have gone crazy after this. Not fusion. But overall 3D printing, it's literally a canvas for all your product ideas.

Would you recommend a certain youtube channel for this? Their tutorials are okay.

Overall - having fun with this.

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
Sunday March 10th, 2024:

Meeting Topics:
How to get your invention to market

We are going to be trying something new next meeting. We are going to limit ourselves to a 1-hour meeting. That way, we focus on the most important topics so people have time to do the work they need to do during the weekend.
Ive only just came across this feed, would love to join the next.

NIK4658

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Aug 10, 2022
Italy
I'm not sure if I'll be able to come to the next call, but I'm very interested in participating in these meetings, I'll try to do what I can!

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
I'm not sure if I'll be able to come to the next call, but I'm very interested in participating in these meetings, I'll try to do what I can!
We definitely need you there at some point, I've seen you making big progress.

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
Would you recommend a certain youtube channel for this? Their tutorials are okay.

With Fusion 360 I usually jump right in and do as much as I can; when I get stuck I’ll do a quick search for help. My personal preference is Lars:

Here’s a sequential tutorial that looks pretty good:

I strongly recommend that you look hard at and understand workflow. Getting in the habit of having an organized process of components, bodies, and command structure will save you lots of misery down the road. If you don’t do anything else, make sure (1) your sketches are fully constrained and (2) you name each command on your timeline so you can go back and readily make changes.

Hope this helps.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I recognize the timezone shifted in the United States(and possibly other locations as well) last night and therefore the time is all out of wack today.

We will extend the time of the meeting a bit today if other people are planning on coming today.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Sunday March 24th, 2024:

GMT: 3 PM
CET: 4 PM
IST: 8:30 PM

Please indicate if you notice any incorrect time zones. All timezones are based on the Eastern Standard Time(EST) time zone. If you wish your timezone to be added, please let me know either here or on the next call.

We are going to limit ourselves to a 1-hour meeting. That way, we focus on the most important topics so people have time to do the work they need to do during the weekend.

@MJ DeMarco - One-week reminder

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Great meeting today. Thanks to everyone who joined and contributed today.

Sunday April 7th, 2024:

Please indicate if you notice any incorrect time zones. All timezones are based on the Eastern Standard Time(EST) time zone. If you wish your timezone to be added, please let me know either here or on the next call.

We are going to limit ourselves to a 1-hour meeting. That way, we focus on the most important topics so people have time to do the work they need to do during the weekend.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
Meeting in 10 minutes

Meet
I apologize for consuming a lot of time.

Inventors must know that the time they are investing in their inventions is their actual investment!

Be quick to get your invention market tested, so that you can invest more either in the existing idea or the next.

Also, learn the valid pricing of your invention because the launch is the high time you milk the cow when there are no competitors. Chinese *compatible* products catch up eventually!

Time <--- This is real wealth as I have seen people in distant countries encashing my ideas because I was too late!

My sincerest Apologies!

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
I noticed there's a decent mix of us who are inventors, and those of us in other industries. I feel anyone who attends will find value in it in some way, shape, or form.

Having said that, if you're interested in invention specifically, you should be viewing these meetings as mandatory. In my first 1 hour meeting, the value and quality of the information I received regarding manufacturing, sourcing, and 3D modeling was easily the equivalent of a couple of years (at least) worth of industry experience/knowledge.

These gentlemen truly know their shit, and are exponentially smarter than I. Furthermore, every single one of them seems to be all action and no bullshit. (So, if you do attend, make sure you're actually about it).

If you are an inventor, and you are NOT attending these meetings, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Until next time, gentlemen.

Cheers.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
I noticed there's a decent mix of us who are inventors, and those of us in other industries. I feel anyone who attends will find value in it in some way, shape, or form.

Having said that, if you're interested in invention specifically, you should be viewing these meetings as mandatory. In my first 1 hour meeting, the value and quality of the information I received regarding manufacturing, sourcing, and 3D modeling was easily the equivalent of a couple of years (at least) worth of industry experience/knowledge.

These gentlemen truly know their shit, and are exponentially smarter than I. Furthermore, every single one of them seems to be all action and no bullshit. (So, if you do attend, make sure you're actually about it).

If you are an inventor, and you are NOT attending these meetings, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Cheers.
Wasn't able to attend today due to a conflict, but I was filled in.

I appreciate the feedback, and we've had a good bit of talk on this actually.

These inventor's meetings we host are really more important than any "accountability call", as we talk about in what respect we're getting shit done and how others can improve their craft.

I think other industries or disciplines on the forum such as software development should start up a similar call in this vein.

For the new inventor, these meetings are most certainly mandatory as Spenny, Mikkel, Righty, Nik, and I all have had plenty of experience doing this, and we can give you our knowledge so you don't have to experience our mistakes.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
Wasn't able to attend today due to a conflict, but I was filled in.

I appreciate the feedback, and we've had a good bit of talk on this actually.

These inventor's meetings we host are really more important than any "accountability call", as we talk about in what respect we're getting shit done and how others can improve their craft.

I think other industries or disciplines on the forum such as software development should start up a similar call in this vein.

For the new inventor, these meetings are most certainly mandatory as Spenny, Mikkel, Righty, Nik, and I all have had plenty of experience doing this, and we can give you our knowledge so you don't have to experience our mistakes.
I wish I could give your response both the "heart eyes" and "gold" reactions. Truth be told, I joined up to hear how the meetings play out, and I noticed people from other industries were joining.

I will outright admit, I initially assumed it'd be another one of those "say we're doing things without details" scenarios. I'm enthralled to report I was beyond wrong. These individuals tell you what they're doing, and explain exactly how they're doing it. Openly sharing information, ideologies, etc., and then in-turn, receiving genuinely valuable advice.

I also agree with you regarding forum members involved in other industries following suite. Ever since Andy inspired me to create a thread I can pin and reference to new members, I began writing one out.

Once I've dropped that thread, I believe I'll take your advice, and put a group together for individuals interested in tech. Thank you to all of you for the inspiration.

On somewhat of a personal note, I frequently read your posts. Often times, I find myself agreeing with what I can only describe as some rather solid/valuable insights and perspectives. Combined with your expertise and outright ambition, I have no doubt that before you leave this plane of existence, you will, in fact, leave a dent in the universe.

Cheers.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
On somewhat of a personal note, I frequently read your posts. Often times, I find myself agreeing with what I can only describe as some rather solid/valuable insights and perspectives. Combined with your expertise and outright ambition, I have no doubt that before you leave this plane of existence, you will, in fact, leave a dent in the universe.
F*cking appreciate you man. Same to you as well!

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire

Cheers.
I'm glad you found value in the meeting. We started the meet-up to share ideas and help each other push our projects forward. Each person has problems they need to overcome, so the groups can help brainstorm solutions. What I love about this group is that each person has their own unique skill set that seems to be extremely valuable.

It is great to find new people from the forum who stop by as well. We get to hear a new perspective with each person who stops by.

Not to pump up the meet-up that I'm a part of, but I wish I had something like this when I first started. It would have saved me many years and a lot of money.

Once I've dropped that thread, I believe I'll take your advice, and put a group together for individuals interested in tech. Thank you to all of you for the inspiration.
I think this is a phenomenal idea. I see quite a few people from different industries who seem to want to find a home(a meet-up), and inventing might not be exactly the best place, but a tech group may.

@Oso I hope you continue to stop by!

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Sunday April 7th, 2024:

@MJ DeMarco - One-week reminder

Olafdr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 26, 2024
Is it correct that I am not seeing a link yet? I wanna make sure I don't miss the call :)
Apologies, I see that the CET should be 5PM instead of 4PM. My mistake for not seeing this earlier.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.