The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introvert or Extrovert? Identity Crisis!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Why does a person need to identify as an introvert or an extrovert? People aren't that binary man
I think it says a lot for the Introverts in society, because they're conditioned most of their life to transform into Extroverts. Which kind of gives them issues, because they feel along they're not Extroverted and can drive themselves nuts. It is liberating for Introverts to find out they're not Extroverts. I'll use myself as an Example. I'm an INFJ who and ESTJ was trying to transform into an dominate Extrovert. lol But like he stated above, you don't need it after awhile and transcend it. It's just part of know thyself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I think it says a lot for the Introverts in society, because they're conditioned most of their life to transform into Extroverts. Which kind of gives them issues, because they feel along they're not Extroverted and can drive themselves nuts. It is liberating for Introverts to find out they're not Extroverts. I'll use myself as an Example. I'm an INFJ who and ESTJ was trying to transform into an dominate Extrovert. lol But like he stated above, you don't need it after awhile and transcend it. It's just part of know thyself.
That's actually an interesting point. Whenever the topic of introversion/extroversion comes up, many people talk about introversion as if it's a character flaw which needs to be overcome. Introversion has it's own invaluable strengths.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
my status changes everytime i take the stupid test lol
depends on my mental mood i guess. which makes sense right?

Spicymemer45

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 30, 2016
Butner, NC
Nietzsche said it best in his "Will to power"

You are nothing but your expression, no matter what form. No one is anything but whatever they expressed, there is no choice, there is illusion of choice. So become a lover of your own fate, besides you were destined to read this anyway.​

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
That's actually an interesting point. Whenever the topic of introversion/extroversion comes up, many people talk about introversion as if it's a character flaw which needs to be overcome. Introversion has it's own invaluable strengths.

Sure it does. I don't think it's a character flaw as much as what culture you come from and whether they value the Introvert. You have to admit by the research it indicates the Extrovert is favored. Which basically pressures Introverts to push their psyche to the max to compete. I don't think it's about character as much as pushing their emotional and mental boundaries to compete with the best.

That's more about regulating emotions, thoughts, feelings, overcoming self-beliefs, being resilient, and overcoming adversity. I have wonderful character traits, but that doesn't get me anywhere. I think it doesn't even have to do with personality 100%, but your nervous system and the way your brain is wired. The parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system, amygdala, and limbic system, and I'm not done yet diving into neurology. What the brains capable of doing the Germans are studying with race car drivers, you have Elon Musk and others studying the brain and technology.

I'd have to say that maybe Introverts might be wired in a different way than Extroverts, but I can see it happening where Introverts may be the ones who break the new technology. I base that off of studies on meditation.

I think the main population is just ignorant, uneducated, and get caught up in Entertainment and the Feel Good Syndrome, that they basically believe they're not capable of more.

The whole concept is to override the Amygdala and Limbic System, but the danger in doing so is you push your psyche into territory where you may not get yourself out of danger as in some of the race car drivers do.

This is the same place for addictions, jealousy, anger, resentment, bitterness, rage, and frankly in research even if you are mentally tough, you're conditioning your brain to accept anything, adapt to anything, adjust to anything, and the danger in that is you become desensitized, and have no conscious, remorse, and take any action regardless of consequences. Anything is acceptable and that leaves you kind of wide open for failure taken to extremes.

I think it depends on the individual how that all works.

You can have all the brain hacks in the world, meditate, do all the regular stuff, but if one particular event comes along it can make you fall backwards.

I was also reading something the other day about back in the day we used to be more mentally tough because we acted more like animals, and fought for everything, where today the nervous system is more sensitive, and it's probably because we're not out in nature surviving as our ancestors. We might be more educated, conscious, and more intelligent, but it kind of seems we've lost things while we've gained things in evolution.

An maybe the whole point is recognizing you rise above all theories, belief systems, and know they're really irrelevant to your existence. Stop defining one's self by what the world projects on to you.

What Introverts do is withdrawal. They go into escapism because emotional and mental pain. They don't understand even if you do withdrawal and escape, life events will still push you forward, and you will still have to feel the emotional and mental pain. You will still have to go through. You might be delaying it of course, procrastinating, not taking action, but frankly, you will have to do something eventually.

GastonEE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 16, 2017
Estonia
I don't really bother myself with this kind of questions. There are days when I really feel the need to go out and have a meaningful conversation about something. There are also days when I just put on my onesie and watch Netflix all day. Not sure what that makes me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.