The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
Hello Everyone my name is Kendrick Salazar. I am relatively new to this game, still havent actually gotten my feet wet in terms of having started a business, and am very much a student. These past years have been quite revealing to me and I have realized much of what I was brought up to think growing up was wrong. Evidence came to me from those that have spent their lifes through this common black and white cycle with only want in the end. From the mutual fund conservative still working past retirement at my job to the Walmart employee well past retirement age. The signs of a path that I knew was wrong began to manifest. It truly started with Rich Dad Poor Dad for me and 200 books later I came across unscripted . My hate for working for individuals runs deep and engraved in me by experiences in my youth. I refuse to be victim to the complacency of life and seek to create a multi-million dollar business. Although I have a long way to go my burning desire for more wont ever allow me to stop and I know I will reach my goal because I have already burned the other options and have realized this is my way. My goal is to build a business obtain the freedom I want, ensure my loved ones are always well off, and to help others become better versions of themselves. I hope to learn and grow with this community and have become inspired by the many stories that I have read. Looking forward to growing with you all and I wish you all luck on your entrepreneurial ventures.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Welcome to the forum Kendrick!

I think you would find incredible value joining the INSIDERS here.

Have you identified the need or the people you will focus on helping in your future business?

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island

Have you identified the need or the people you will focus on helping in your future business?

Hello Sheen I appreciate the warm welcoming

So I am big on real estate and have thought on creating a property management business however there is not demand in my market. So I have been trying to brainstorm and find a profitable niche within my area and state. This is something I am still having trouble with but I am confident with more effort on my part and more creative thinking I will find it. One of my core values is helping people I want to create a business that helps people. However I have yet to find a product or niche to focus on that I see as being profitable with a high demand. I have been looking at areas of business as well that can be improved for ideas. Automation through apps, improved customer service, and etc.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
Great intro! There are a few of us real estate guys around. Follow @SteveO , @Red , @JScott , @MidwestLandlord , @Runum , @jon.a etc.

I had an HOA management company for a short time. Great $ but too brutal for me to do long term.

Welcome to the forum!

Hello Get Right

I appreciate the help. Does seem to be a very intense type of business to be into. What were most challenging factors with managing a HOA business?

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
What were most challenging factors with managing a HOA business?

You are always the bad guy. It gets tiring.

The good thing is there are lots of clients that will pay you to do their dirty work.

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
You are always the bad guy. It gets tiring.

The good thing is there are lots of clients that will pay you to do their dirty work.
Make sense especially with the large amount of slum lords now a days I could see how it would be difficult and people purchasing properties for way over than what they are worth and then expecting you to solve it. I appreciate the insight thank you.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Welcome!

You're in Rhode Island?

Why would there not be demand for property management in your area?

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
Welcome!

You're in Rhode Island?

Why would there not be demand for property management in your area?

I appreciate the welcoming. I was searching online and trying to figure out the demand for property managers. There seems to be an abundance of them and very little supply. I will continue to do my homework. Ive been looking into areas of business where my current state lacks in demand or in businesses that have room for improvement or that have failed to innovate. Or even an area of business that makes money but most people arent willing to do. I dont mind getting my hands dirty. Still have alot more work I have to do prior to getting started on my first business. I also want to make sure the business can be automated. Finding the right area to put my focus in has been my wall so far.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I appreciate the welcoming. I was searching online and trying to figure out the demand for property managers. There seems to be an abundance of them and very little supply.

I'm NOT saying that property management is the right thing to do. This is more of a mindset thing...

How many property managers in your area SUCK? (in my area it's basically all of them)

How many residential landlords self manage?

How many commercial landlords self manage?

How many residential rental properties are there?

How many of those property managers are real estate agents trying to make an extra buck and don't take it seriously for their clients?

Have you talked to any landlords that use a service, and see what their opinions and needs are?

How long are vacancies with these property managers?

Do you know what a landlord looks for in a property manager and whether the competition is filling those needs?

Are there any property managers doing AirBNB management? (most don't)

There's an abundance of property managers in my area as well. With the exception of one, they all suck. Just terrible.

Just because there is competition, doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement...especially in "hands on" type businesses like property management.

Know what I'm sayin?

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Thanks @MidwestLandlord. You have identified a need for our OP.

Having rented to live in several countries while setting up my Franchise network I can confirm that property managers are a universal problem, and the average property manager is not worth feeding.

Having rented out my home while on an extensive stay overseas I can say that the property manager who handled it was not only of no help, but allowed a tenant to damage the property, leave trash, and steal from my property while collecting her share of the rent and allowing the tenant to leave scot-free without even deducting anything from the bond.

The biggest factors that I see lacking in property managers would be that they can't be bothered to treat the role of finding a renter in the same way an agent would act to find a buyer, and they don't treat your property as they would their own.

If you @Ksalazar can convince owners that you will actually work for them as a shining light in the industry, you will have it made.

Walter

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
I'm NOT saying that property management is the right thing to do. This is more of a mindset thing...

How many property managers in your area SUCK? (in my area it's basically all of them)

How many residential landlords self manage?

How many commercial landlords self manage?

How many residential rental properties are there?

How many of those property managers are real estate agents trying to make an extra buck and don't take it seriously for their clients?

Have you talked to any landlords that use a service, and see what their opinions and needs are?

How long are vacancies with these property managers?

Do you know what a landlord looks for in a property manager and whether the competition is filling those needs?

Are there any property managers doing AirBNB management? (most don't)

There's an abundance of property managers in my area as well. With the exception of one, they all suck. Just terrible.

Just because there is competition, doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement...especially in "hands on" type businesses like property management.

Know what I'm sayin?

Hey MidwestLandlord

Im really happy I joined this forum. Your right Im not thinking outside of the box. Im going to dig in deep. I have an idea of transforming the moving, cleaning, and property management business into a more modern way of doing business. Most in my area are outdated and are not using SEO or even apps to there advantage. As you said AirBnb being overlooked by most property management companies. I appreciate the help. Im start f*cking some sh*t up in my area might take a while but I think Ive figured out a business niche and method of dominating my market. Im meeting with some partners this week on starting this business. Again I appreciate the help and having you really making me think outside the norms of doing business. Looking forward to talking again soon.

Last edited:

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island
Thanks @MidwestLandlord. You have identified a need for our OP.

Having rented to live in several countries while setting up my Franchise network I can confirm that property managers are a universal problem, and the average property manager is not worth feeding.

Having rented out my home while on an extensive stay overseas I can say that the property manager who handled it was not only of no help, but allowed a tenant to damage the property, leave trash, and steal from my property while collecting her share of the rent and allowing the tenant to leave scot-free without even deducting anything from the bond.

The biggest factors that I see lacking in property managers would be that they can't be bothered to treat the role of finding a renter in the same way an agent would act to find a buyer, and they don't treat your property as they would their own.

If you @Ksalazar can convince owners that you will actually work for them as a shining light in the industry, you will have it made.

Walter

Hello Walter

I value people and love making others happy with great service. I myself have had to deal with bad property managers in my area. I have a passion for real estate so I know I would treat every land I managed as if it were mine. I do believe this area of business needs to be update to fit the needs of society today. I looking forward to disrupting and dominating my market with my partners.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...