The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Finally!

I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After several weeks of modifications, I put my short-story up on Kindle. You might be familiar with it -- it is the heavily modified (and extended) version of the argument I overheard as a limousine driver. (This Kindle version is 4 times longer with 4 times the smackdown!)

Here is the synopsis:

Can a short 18-minute conversation I overheard from a millionaire make you a fortune?
It did for me.
And it can do the same for you.
Go back to 1996 and eavesdrop on the tense 18-minute argument I unwittingly heard. An altercation between two friends. One living a dream. The other faking it. Listen in on the powerful conversation that changed the trajectory of my life and ultimately made me a millionaire— many times over.
Delivered in a raw narrative form, step into my shoes as a depressed limousine driver and five-time failed entrepreneur. Witness the argument as I did, an argument that exposed wealth’s guiding first-principles. An poignant story of sacrifice, immutable regret, and life-changing insight... a transcendent tale relevant in an year, any economy, or any country.
Discover the right questions and you’ll discover the right answers— answers that will set you free.
Based on a true story.

41-1TNJUlDL.jpg

wealth-exposed-back.jpg

Again, it is based on the conversation I overheard while employed as a limousine driver. If you already downloaded the similar story I offered here for FREE, this public version is a bit more elaborate and about 4X the length. After the conclusion of the story (it's about a 20 minute read) there are 25 questions to ponder, questions to help you *THINK* about your life (and business) going forward!

If you have KU, would appreciate some downloads!

If you are not a member of KU and want to join to receive the book for FREE, here is the link to join (affiliatized via forum system)

Audiobook now available:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088WR5VM4/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

On the execution front, I'm hoping this story serves as a bit of an introduction to my work to new readers in the KU eco-system. In the future, it also can serve as what marketers refer to as a "lead magnet". In the back matter, it includes both TMF and Unscripted previews. If the reader does not have KU, the price for the short book is $1.29, the price of a 3 minute song downloaded on iTunes.

Enjoy!!

PS: Makes GREAT reading while in QUARANTINE!!!! ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Thank you for writing this MJ, you are the best. Already bought it and reading it. You made me laugh out loud at...

In 20 years we might not be able to talk about...

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Just bought it. I actually wanted to suggest - I enjoy reading more about how people, you MJ included, struggled and what the road looked like, pre-move to Arizona.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
@MJ DeMarco Quick suggestion, I would remove the direct link as amazon can and they do connect the reviews to the source. So they can easily see reviews coming in from clicks to the link from this thread.

Everyone on this thread interested should search directly on amazon using the title or certain keywords especially if you're going to leave a review.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Gary Patel?

I like it already.

Ha Ha, I try to be entertaining.

You made me laugh out loud at...

Thanks!

@MJ DeMarco Quick suggestion, I would remove the direct link as amazon can and they do connect the reviews to the source. So they can easily see reviews coming in from clicks to the link from this thread.

Everyone on this thread interested should search directly on amazon using the title or certain keywords especially if you're going to leave a review.

Thanks for the suggestion, is the linkage from here a problem?

I'm not asking for fake reviews.

I want reviews from readers, not fake reviews from folks who didn't read it.

Would a bit.ly link work?

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Ha Ha, I try to be entertaining.

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion, is the linkage from here a problem?

I'm not asking for fake reviews.

I want reviews from readers, not fake reviews from folks who didn't read it.

Would a bit.ly link work?
This is what I would do! I know you're not asking for fake reviews but I've seen it happen before. It's actually against TOS to even ask for reviews now...

gloriusubiquity

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 1, 2019
Thanks MJ! I just downloaded it with my Kindle Unlimited subscription!

How can I email or PM you? I found a typo and just wanted to help you correct it, and wanted to ask you a few questions as well.

Thanks!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks MJ! I just downloaded it with my Kindle Unlimited subscription!

How can I email or PM you? I found a typo and just wanted to help you correct it, and wanted to ask you a few questions as well.

Thanks!

Use forum's "contact us" system.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Bought it and will read it today then review later. Is this a teaser for the next big one? Did you say you intended to release two or three books in the next twelve months last year @MJ DeMarco ? My memory is fading lol.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
Bought it. Read it. Reviewed it.

How many pages does it have?

What's the difference between this book and Mj's other two books? (other than its being a short-story type book)

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Very cool idea to have a short story. I am bullish on shorter attention spans. I think this will go well for MJ.

There is some app coming out that is launching like 8 minute episodes of all kinds of original in house shows. I think they are even meant to be watched on a phone.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Love the topic - will read for sure. I live on Kindle. Best unknown treasure trove for those that need to feed and expand their minds and be successful. Get it.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
How many pages does it have?

What's the difference between this book and Mj's other two books? (other than its being a short-story type book)

I don't know how many pages it has. It took me 11 minutes to read.

Considering that it's the price of a candy bar, and a candy bar takes me 1 minute to consume, I'd say I got my money's worth. Lol

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bought it and will read it today then review later. Is this a teaser for the next big one? Did you say you intended to release two or three books in the next twelve months last year @MJ DeMarco ? My memory is fading lol.

Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar.

This upcoming book is full length -- it is a full fictional story woven in a non-fiction business book. It's the story of a young couple trying to start a business.

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar.

This upcoming book is full length -- it is a full fictional story woven in a non-fiction business book. It's the story of a young couple trying to start a business.

Im digging that Green and Black cover

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.