The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Finally!

I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After several weeks of modifications, I put my short-story up on Kindle. You might be familiar with it -- it is the heavily modified (and extended) version of the argument I overheard as a limousine driver. (This Kindle version is 4 times longer with 4 times the smackdown!)

Here is the synopsis:

Can a short 18-minute conversation I overheard from a millionaire make you a fortune?
It did for me.
And it can do the same for you.
Go back to 1996 and eavesdrop on the tense 18-minute argument I unwittingly heard. An altercation between two friends. One living a dream. The other faking it. Listen in on the powerful conversation that changed the trajectory of my life and ultimately made me a millionaire— many times over.
Delivered in a raw narrative form, step into my shoes as a depressed limousine driver and five-time failed entrepreneur. Witness the argument as I did, an argument that exposed wealth’s guiding first-principles. An poignant story of sacrifice, immutable regret, and life-changing insight... a transcendent tale relevant in an year, any economy, or any country.
Discover the right questions and you’ll discover the right answers— answers that will set you free.
Based on a true story.

wealth-exposed-back.jpg

Again, it is based on the conversation I overheard while employed as a limousine driver. If you already downloaded the similar story I offered here for FREE, this public version is a bit more elaborate and about 4X the length. After the conclusion of the story (it's about a 20 minute read) there are 25 questions to ponder, questions to help you *THINK* about your life (and business) going forward!

If you have KU, would appreciate some downloads!

If you are not a member of KU and want to join to receive the book for FREE, here is the link to join (affiliatized via forum system)

Audiobook now available:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088WR5VM4/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

On the execution front, I'm hoping this story serves as a bit of an introduction to my work to new readers in the KU eco-system. In the future, it also can serve as what marketers refer to as a "lead magnet". In the back matter, it includes both TMF and Unscripted previews. If the reader does not have KU, the price for the short book is $1.29, the price of a 3 minute song downloaded on iTunes.

Enjoy!!

PS: Makes GREAT reading while in QUARANTINE!!!! ;)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Rabby

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Thank you for writing this MJ, you are the best. Already bought it and reading it. You made me laugh out loud at...

In 20 years we might not be able to talk about...

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Just bought it. I actually wanted to suggest - I enjoy reading more about how people, you MJ included, struggled and what the road looked like, pre-move to Arizona.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 24, 2014
@MJ DeMarco Quick suggestion, I would remove the direct link as amazon can and they do connect the reviews to the source. So they can easily see reviews coming in from clicks to the link from this thread.

Everyone on this thread interested should search directly on amazon using the title or certain keywords especially if you're going to leave a review.

OP
OP
M

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Gary Patel?

I like it already.
Ha Ha, I try to be entertaining.

You made me laugh out loud at...
Thanks!

@MJ DeMarco Quick suggestion, I would remove the direct link as amazon can and they do connect the reviews to the source. So they can easily see reviews coming in from clicks to the link from this thread.

Everyone on this thread interested should search directly on amazon using the title or certain keywords especially if you're going to leave a review.
Thanks for the suggestion, is the linkage from here a problem?

I'm not asking for fake reviews.

I want reviews from readers, not fake reviews from folks who didn't read it.

Would a bit.ly link work?

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Ha Ha, I try to be entertaining.

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion, is the linkage from here a problem?

I'm not asking for fake reviews.

I want reviews from readers, not fake reviews from folks who didn't read it.

Would a bit.ly link work?
This is what I would do! I know you're not asking for fake reviews but I've seen it happen before. It's actually against TOS to even ask for reviews now...

icemat

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Jul 1, 2019
Thanks MJ! I just downloaded it with my Kindle Unlimited subscription!

How can I email or PM you? I found a typo and just wanted to help you correct it, and wanted to ask you a few questions as well.

Thanks!

OP
OP
M

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Thanks MJ! I just downloaded it with my Kindle Unlimited subscription!

How can I email or PM you? I found a typo and just wanted to help you correct it, and wanted to ask you a few questions as well.

Thanks!
Use forum's "contact us" system.

edward ace

Contributor
Apr 23, 2017
Covington, LA
Hey, MJ...I read Wealth Exposed, twice. And I wrote a review on Amazon. Gave it five stars. They said it may take two or three days before it is published. Great story. Keep it up. On Amazon I am Ed Crasher.

Last edited:

Tommo

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Bought it and will read it today then review later. Is this a teaser for the next big one? Did you say you intended to release two or three books in the next twelve months last year @MJ DeMarco ? My memory is fading lol.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
Bought it. Read it. Reviewed it.

How many pages does it have?

What's the difference between this book and Mj's other two books? (other than its being a short-story type book)

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Very cool idea to have a short story. I am bullish on shorter attention spans. I think this will go well for MJ.

There is some app coming out that is launching like 8 minute episodes of all kinds of original in house shows. I think they are even meant to be watched on a phone.

The-J

Dog Dad
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
How many pages does it have?

What's the difference between this book and Mj's other two books? (other than its being a short-story type book)
I don't know how many pages it has. It took me 11 minutes to read.

Considering that it's the price of a candy bar, and a candy bar takes me 1 minute to consume, I'd say I got my money's worth. Lol

OP
OP
M

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Bought it and will read it today then review later. Is this a teaser for the next big one? Did you say you intended to release two or three books in the next twelve months last year @MJ DeMarco ? My memory is fading lol.
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar.

This upcoming book is full length -- it is a full fictional story woven in a non-fiction business book. It's the story of a young couple trying to start a business.

ShamanKing

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 30, 2018
California

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Hi guys, I repost here my old review with a small update : Feb 2020 : Hi guys, Just wanted...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock