The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro

KAIROZ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 24, 2020
Oxfordshire
Firstly, and most importantly, I cannot thank MJ enough for writing TMF and Unscripted .
Over the last year I have read around 70 books and nothing even comes close to these.
I never thought I would EVER read the same book 4 times!

Backstory:
I’m a 19-year-old, living in Bristol where I am going into my second year of studying business computing.
In the summer I work as a green-keeper on a golf course so that I can cover my living costs and fund my side hustles.
I really got into entrepreneurship when I was 16, I would make wooden bird boxes and sell them at craft-fairs and to people in my village. By the age of 18 I wanted to start a more scalable business and unfortunately walked into an overpriced trap set by an FBA ‘guru’.

While I did everything, this particular guru told me to, I ended up blowing every last £ in my bank account on poorly converting PPC.
Even though I sold hundreds of units, Amazons fees were just ridiculous.
The problem was, while the product was definitely good, it is definitely not a ‘productocracy’ and the business model I was following clearly abused the CENTS framework.
I am now selling the remaining units on my own website of which I have much more control over which just feels so much better.

Unfortunately, the FBA venture which completely drained my university savings really got me down for a couple months, so I resorted to escapism joining a ridiculous amount of university societies: Boxing, Karate, Muy Thai, MMA, Powerlifting, Wrestling, uni enterprises.
I also began eating stupid amounts and subsequently gained around 35lbs in 4 months.
In the hours I wasn’t getting punched in the face or stuffing my face, I would sit down at my computer to study computer science with the ‘hope’ that one day I would be good enough to join the corporate climb.

That was until I read TMF .

Almost instantly I remembered why I loved entrepreneurship.
This want just a selfish passion to get rich quick and flex on everyone you meet, this was so my mum would never have to worry about bills again; that is the dream.

So, after swerving back to the entrepreneurial track, I took a couple Android developer courses (Fastlane skill) and began working on my ‘productocracy’ software (which I will publish on the app store as soon as possible).
I also regained control of my fitness, losing the 35lbs I had gained in just 90 days.

Today my number 1 priority is to focus on the process.
My plans to hit over the next year are as follows:
  • Sell the remaining 250 units of my product.
  • Publish my first app as an MVP and then work on kaizen.
  • 1st degree at university.
  • Build my personal brand on social media – 1,000 Youtube subs.

However, I definitely have some concerns moving forward.
The first one being that I feel my goals under-appreciate the importance of business ‘monogamy. The thing is, they all feel equally important and support each other.

The second one being I am extremely nervous on camera and don’t even know where to start with it.
I have had therapy to try and help me overcome these nerves, but this did not help much.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I am thinking about becoming an INSIDERS, however to afford this I will have to move from reading a book a week to a book every 2-3 weeks, do you think this is a good move?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tonibob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 22, 2020
London
Hi @JoshB ,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your decision to go for the Fastlane. You are way ahead of us folks above 40, so the time is on your side to try and fail numerous times.
Regarding YouTube and your camera you should message @Andy Black and @Valier as they have plenty of experience with their first videos.
Check out this thread as well:

Welcome!
Pete

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
P.S. I am thinking about becoming an INSIDERS, however to afford this I will have to move from reading a book a week to a book every 2-3 weeks, do you think this is a good move?
Why so many books?

I’m all for learning, but just remember:

“You can’t invoice for input.” (Blaise Brosnan)

KAIROZ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 24, 2020
Oxfordshire
Why so many books?

I’m all for learning, but just remember:

“You can’t invoice for input.” (Blaise Brosnan)
I read whenever I am traveling on a bus to uni, and I listen to audio books when I am doing monotonous tasks ( e.g cutting grass on the golf course).

I guess 70 books in a year is probably overkill though.

Right now my priorities are:
1. Getting my first app published (I'm getting close).

2. Building my personal brand (I tend to spend all of my time coding so this definitely needs more attention).

P. S. Thankyou for the videos, I will watch them after work.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...