The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Hey guys,

Been lurking here for ages, ex-military, I started with internet marketing 4 years ago, dabbled in some things, some failed(see my first thread) and some have worked (dental marketing, affiliate marketing).

Took breaks here and there but I knew to never stop.

But in the last year I've come to learn a lot about Instagram and growing accounts.

I currently run about 40+ accounts in different niches and creating new ones daily/weekly.

I have my own personal Instagram bot and in the last year I’ve amassed over 4 million+ followers spread out over my accounts.

I also lost a lot of big accounts(200-300k) at the early-mid stages of my Instagram journey.. due to testing how much you can push daily actions on Instagram (likes, comments, follow/unfollow, proxies, etc).

There is some serious money to be made on Instagram, I’ve already crossed into the 6 figures in profit this year promoting affiliate/cpa offers.

And to be honest that’s the most money I’ve ever made in my life but I’m not stopping here, we are all here for the fastlane!

Now I want to go about creating my own brands/ecommerce/offers.

So in a way to give back to the community, I thought I would help with any Instagram related questions.

And also is anyone else in here marketing Instagram succesfully?

*Pro Tip: If you guys are not on the Snapchat band wagon yet, you guys are definitely missing out! A huge percentage of my earnings came from Snapchat this year as well! The engagement on Snapchat is amazing. A large percentage of your followers will really do what you ask them to do(more so than instagram), whether it be go to this domain or follow this person etc. Snapchat is HUGE.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DrunkFish

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 25, 2015
Missouri
How are you capitalizing on snapchat and getting the followers on snapchat? And do you run one for each of your IG accounts or what?

Also, how are you finding out the deals on capitalizing on your IG accounts through these affiliate/cpa offers?

My main account has 1800+ and my clothing line has around 400 at the moment. Clothing line is very very niche.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Buying promotion shoutouts on IG.

Looking at the ones in 1m+ followers range, how can I tell if the account I'm buying from has legit followers or a bunch of fake ones?

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
How are you capitalizing on snapchat and getting the followers on snapchat? And do you run one for each of your IG accounts or what?

Also, how are you finding out the deals on capitalizing on your IG accounts through these affiliate/cpa offers?

My main account has 1800+ and my clothing line has around 400 at the moment. Clothing line is very very niche.

Promoting offers, the followers are coming from IG and sfs (shout for shout). So definitely add your Snapchat to your IG bio, tell them in all your captions on your uploads to add your snapchat account too! Health/workout snapchats would kill it!

And not every single IG, only if there is a product in that niche to promote then I would create a snapchat for it.

Your niche should tell you all your deals that would be able to promote.

Clothing is very interesting to me, I've been researching a lot about it lately shopify/fb ads/instagram, tons of female users on IG

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Buying promotion shoutouts on IG.

Looking at the ones in 1m+ followers range, how can I tell if the account I'm buying from has legit followers or a bunch of fake ones?

Nowadays it can be very hard to tell, start off with looking at the likes/comments if the likes are not even near 10% of his followers then I would not do it.

I personally would work out a deal of a guaranteed number of followers from the shoutouts, so say you want 1k new followers, you would have a deal with the page owner to shout you out till you get the 1k followers. It's the best way to do it imo

DrunkFish

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 25, 2015
Missouri
Promoting offers, the followers are coming from IG and sfs (shout for shout). So definitely add your Snapchat to your IG bio, tell them in all your captions on your uploads to add your snapchat account too! Health/workout snapchats would kill it!

And not every single IG, only if there is a product in that niche to promote then I would create a snapchat for it.

Your niche should tell you all your deals that would be able to promote.

Clothing is very interesting to me, I've been researching a lot about it lately shopify/fb ads/instagram, tons of female users on IG
But how do you find and get the offer deals is what I was asking. Also just out of curiosity, with 40 accounts, are you just logging in and out every time you need to interact? I know you have a bot but I'm sure you need to actually log on every once in a while. Unless the bot lets you have 40 accounts on it and you can use IG noramlly through it.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
But how do you find and get the offer deals is what I was asking. Also just out of curiosity, with 40 accounts, are you just logging in and out every time you need to interact? I know you have a bot but I'm sure you need to actually log on every once in a while. Unless the bot lets you have 40 accounts on it and you can use IG noramlly through it.

How do I find offer deals? You would have to join a CPA network like peerfly, maxbounty, neverblue or even clickbank etc. there are many out there, google cpa networks.

I only super manage 2-3 accounts that I log in with my phone and interact, upload with.

The rest were built with the mindset of build and forget(of course I log in every once in a while to check and make sure everything is good), But I have my bot do a lot of the work, posting pics, likes, etc.

DrunkFish

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Mar 25, 2015
Missouri
How do I find offer deals? You would have to join a CPA network like peerfly, maxbounty, neverblue or even clickbank etc. there are many out there, google cpa networks.

I only super manage 2-3 accounts that I log in with my phone and interact, upload with.

The rest were built with the mindset of build and forget(of course I log in every once in a while to check and make sure everything is good), But I have my bot do a lot of the work, posting pics, likes, etc.
Super interesting. Congrats on making 6 figures with it man, that's seriously awesome and thanks for answering!

ddall

continuous self-improvement
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
402%
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto, ON
Jim,

What kind of $ are you spending monthly to promote and expand your accounts?

What is a good rule of thumb for what an account should charge for ads? (can you break this down. So say for 3 hour ad, 100k followers, would should be $50-200 for example)

Can you elaborate further on utilizing snap chat as a channel? Let's say I produce and sell silicone spatualas, how would you run a snap chat account for this.

Snapchat seems to have an even younger demo, is it really only useful for young girls and young boys (under 20).

Can you share and recommend some tools to grow accounts?

Thanks for sharing Jim

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Great work @JimD

Been experimenting a lot with Twitter, Instagram and Facebook with affiliate offers to test out strategies without killing any important brand / client accounts in the process. Like you I've killed more than a few figuring out what does and doesn't work... have to say I love it though. Nothing like moment you find something that starts doing wonders for your numbers / conversions

Have to admit totally been ignoring Snapchat. Thanks for the reminder - off to take a closer look!

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Jim,

What is a good rule of thumb for what an account should charge for ads? (can you break this down. So say for 3 hour ad, 100k followers, would should be $50-200 for example)

Can you elaborate further on utilizing snap chat as a channel? Let's say I produce and sell silicone spatualas, how would you run a snap chat account for this.

Snapchat seems to have an even younger demo, is it really only useful for young girls and young boys (under 20).

Thanks for sharing Jim

I am not spending any money to promote or expand my accounts other then paying for proxy services which is around $46 a month to have them up and running, I grow them all through my bot.

I can't really say as I've never paid for shoutouts, but if you check http://featurehub.com/shop/ most of the big accounts on there are legit and that's what you can expect to pay.

But as I told @TheKing you should really work out a deal with the page owners for guaranteed followers, "so say you want 1k new followers, you would make a deal with the page owner to shout you out till you get the 1k followers." instead of paid hourly shoutouts. Contact them directly through kik or email.

What makes Snapchat amazing is it's like a private moment, a 1 on 1 sales channel.

The users don't know how many people are following you, they don't have any distractions (likes, comments, social pressure) all they see is what's being put right in front of them. And if you're a great marketer boy oh boy...

So for the spatula example, assuming you have spatula fanatics following you. This is like QVC in the palm of your hands..!

I would create stories revolving around the lifestyle of spatula users, cooking, baking etc. Stories of it in action flipping, lifting, spreading. Marketing 101, you show and record exactly what they can do with it. You talk about and show them why it's the best and why silicone beats the regular boring spatulas etc.

This is your private 1 on 1 channel right to your customers.

Then, every now and then you add a textbar with your BuyMySpecialSpatualaHere.com in your snaps.

You would not believe how many people exit the app and actually type in the domain(this is why I was hesitant with Snapchat at first, nothing clickable) but believe me they do! I've made x,xxx days in profit using Snapchat!

And another pro tip is having Snapchat takeovers. Basically a takeover is having someone famous or influential in your niche log into your account and do a "takeover" for the day and create stories for you. So in the spatula example, I would try my hardest to get the Queen Spatula on to promote/showcase my products.

From my experience everyone is on Snapchat nowadays. And it's only growing.

Some of the more popular commercial ones are:
instagress, igerslike, and followliker

Hurdlerwayne

Man without vision shall perish!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Aug 13, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I am not spending any money to promote or expand my accounts other then paying for proxy services which is around $46 a month to have them up and running, I grow them all through my bot.

I can't really say as I've never paid for shoutouts, but if you check http://featurehub.com/shop/ most of the big accounts on there are legit and that's what you can expect to pay.

But as I told @TheKing you should really work out a deal with the page owners for guaranteed followers, "so say you want 1k new followers, you would make a deal with the page owner to shout you out till you get the 1k followers." instead of paid hourly shoutouts. Contact them directly through kik or email.

What makes Snapchat amazing is it's like a private moment, a 1 on 1 sales channel.

The users don't know how many people are following you, they don't have any distractions (likes, comments, social pressure) all they see is what's being put right in front of them. And if you're a great marketer boy oh boy...

So for the spatula example, assuming you have spatula fanatics following you. This is like QVC in the palm of your hands..!

I would create stories revolving around the lifestyle of spatula users, cooking, baking etc. Stories of it in action flipping, lifting, spreading. Marketing 101, you show and record exactly what they can do with it. You talk about and show them why it's the best and why silicone beats the regular boring spatulas etc.

This is your private 1 on 1 channel right to your customers.

Then, every now and then you add a textbar with your BuyMySpecialSpatualaHere.com in your snaps.

You would not believe how many people exit the app and actually type in the domain(this is why I was hesitant with Snapchat at first, nothing clickable) but believe me they do! I've made x,xxx days in profit using Snapchat!

And another pro tip is having Snapchat takeovers. Basically a takeover is having someone famous or influential in your niche log into your account and do a "takeover" for the day and create stories for you. So in the spatula example, I would try my hardest to get the Queen Spatula on to promote/showcase my products.

From my experience everyone is on Snapchat nowadays. And it's only growing.

Some of the more popular commercial ones are:
instagress, igerslike, and followliker
I created an account that I sell T-shirts on and it took about 5 months to get to 11.5k. Followliker has been a very good asset for growing quickly. I am having problems with conversions though. It seems like i'm always getting comments on how nice my shirts are and visitors to my site, but they don't convert well. My conversion rate is 0.3% aka horrible. What kind of settings do you use to grow your page and what are your most successful niches if you don't mind me asking?

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
I created an account that I sell T-shirts on and it took about 5 months to get to 11.5k. Followliker has been a very good asset for growing quickly. I am having problems with conversions though. It seems like i'm always getting comments on how nice my shirts are and visitors to my site, but they don't convert well. My conversion rate is 0.3% aka horrible. What kind of settings do you use to grow your page and what are your most successful niches if you don't mind me asking?

If you want you can pm me and I can look at your page, see if I can offer any pointers.

I use nothing but "likes" nowadays, daily safe limit for me is 1900-2100 likes a day per account, anything over 2500 you would be putting your account at risk. I used to use "comments" but I manually just comment on a need to basis, makes it more authentic.

The key is to get your account big enough so it will have the drop down option of suggested users. I get tons of followers from the suggested users box. And a lot of my accounts are intertwined so they fall into each other's "suggested users".

The easiest niches to grow are humor, quotes, and anything related to girl demographics.

Most follow back just from the "likes" alone.

Easy way to come up with page ideas is to see what already works. For example, go to http://www.cheezburger.com/ every category you see in there is an Instagram page you can create. Now just scrape some photos related to the category and have it set to upload with your bot.

LleixG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 22, 2015
Barcelona, Spain
For buying shoutouts you need to look at likes/comments on the pics, the number of followers can be easily faked so don't check it. The best way is to buy a shoutout for 1h and try how it goes. If you get good results buy more, if not try other big accounts at your niche. The best way is to contact the accounts directly by DM, email or Kik (usually at their profile)
PS: Likes/comments can be faked too so be sure to check out a few profiles to see if they are legit

Last edited:

Hurdlerwayne

Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Aug 13, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
If you want you can pm me and I can look at your page, see if I can offer any pointers.

I use nothing but "likes" nowadays, daily safe limit for me is 1900-2100 likes a day per account, anything over 2500 you would be putting your account at risk. I used to use "comments" but I manually just comment on a need to basis, makes it more authentic.

The key is to get your account big enough so it will have the drop down option of suggested users. I get tons of followers from the suggested users box. And a lot of my accounts are intertwined so they fall into each other's "suggested users".

The easiest niches to grow are humor, quotes, and anything related to girl demographics.

Most follow back just from the "likes" alone.

Easy way to come up with page ideas is to see what already works. For example, go to http://www.cheezburger.com/ every category you see in there is an Instagram page you can create. Now just scrape some photos related to the category and have it set to upload with your bot.
Thanks a lot! I'm following only 160 people. Do you think it helps if you follow more people?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I can't answer for @JimD but I've found following a good number (like 50 a day) will get a good percentage following back if you stay niche specific (i.e. following the followers of competitor accounts, celebs / experts in the field). If they don't follow back after a week then I unfollow. Crowdfire is a good app for managing it if you're not using something like Followliker

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Thanks a lot! I'm following only 160 people. Do you think it helps if you follow more people?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yes definitely as long as they are in your niche for sure

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I’ve amassed over 4 million+ followers
I’ve already crossed into the 6 figures in profit this year

Very impressive!! Instagram is definitely allowing small business owners to hit large markets on the cheap.

Anyhow, this thread almost escaped me. I changed the title to reflect the content, ya should get more eyeballs now.

Thank you for the contribution!

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Very impressive!! Instagram is definitely allowing small business owners to hit large markets on the cheap.

Anyhow, this thread almost escaped me. I changed the title to reflect the content, ya should get more eyeballs now.

Thank you for the contribution!
Instagram is quite powerful, so for you guys out there not jumping on it right now, you are missing out on a great opportunity!

And thank you sir for writing The Millionaire Fastlane !

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

danieljb

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 7, 2015
Australia
Thanks for this AMA. I had a few questions:

1) You mentioned you have your own bot. How did you go about creating this? What was the cost in getting this developed?

2) Are there alternative bots that you recommend?

3) How do you get people to buy a product? Insert link in bio? A domain that redirects to the product you're promoting?

4) Have you ever faced any heat re scraping pictures?

5) You mentioned Snapchat. Do you use anything else? A website? Facebook page?

Thanks!

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Thanks for this AMA. I had a few questions:

1) You mentioned you have your own bot. How did you go about creating this? What was the cost in getting this developed?

2) Are there alternative bots that you recommend?

3) How do you get people to buy a product? Insert link in bio? A domain that redirects to the product you're promoting?

4) Have you ever faced any heat re scraping pictures?

5) You mentioned Snapchat. Do you use anything else? A website? Facebook page?

Thanks!

No prob, I guess this has turned officially into an ama I'll try to answer to the best

1. I have coders I hired from feelancer that I keep on my team. Be prepared to spend 5-10k.

2. I have had experience using igerslike and followliker. With followliker being the best commercial one I've used.

3. Exactly

4. No, as I specifically state in my bios that the pictures aren't mine and if you are the owner and want it taken down that I would, but I normally tag the user if I do end up using one of their pictures, so no real heat.

5. I use Instagram and Snapchat mainly. But I do plan on getting into FB ads so I will be having a Facebook page soon. And no actual websites as I've been promoting affiliate offers, unless you count landers I use those since Instagram does not allow direct linking to affiliate offers.

Phillipbro

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 10, 2013
Ontario
Thanks for the pm Jim.

Followliker is probably the best bot on the market at the moment, however it does have a few problems with its auto post feature and its captcha resolving feature does not work. So, every time an account is hit with a captcham, you would have to manually log in to that account and solve the captcha.

Jim, are there any viral hacking methods that you've used to grow at a rapid rate? do you do contests?

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Jim, are there any viral hacking methods that you've used to grow at a rapid rate? do you do contests?

There are some, for example, whatever niche you're in you want your main keyword in the "name section" of your bio because Instagram shows the first results based on username and "name section" of an account. So for example if you were in the Car niche, you would want the make of your car page in the name section, pretty common sense but I see most pages don't utilize the "name section" in this regard.

Another tactic is to use other popular IGers name such as Dan Bilzerian in your name section to try and steal search traffic. If your page is big enough it will fall right under him when they search his name.

And like I said in posts above, once your account falls under the suggested users category expect to gain a lot of "free" followers.

Another technique these days is to have really big pages in your niche spam "like" a lot of your pictures instead of paying for shoutouts. Because under the activity section under "following" users see this big page that they are following liking your pictures so more than likely they will follow you since you all are into the same "niche".

And of course in the captions always ask to "Tag 3 Friends Because ..."

Those are some that come to my mind right off the bat.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
can you message me some of your accounts?

I can definitely see the commercial appeal in some of these. Thanks for sending them over, carry on.

Last edited:

Hurdlerwayne

Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Aug 13, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Hey guys,

Been lurking here for ages, ex-military, I started with internet marketing 4 years ago, dabbled in some things, some failed(see my first thread) and some have worked (dental marketing, affiliate marketing).

Took breaks here and there but I knew to never stop.

But in the last year I've come to learn a lot about Instagram and growing accounts.

I currently run about 40+ accounts in different niches and creating new ones daily/weekly.

I have my own personal Instagram bot and in the last year I’ve amassed over 4 million+ followers spread out over my accounts.

I also lost a lot of big accounts(200-300k) at the early-mid stages of my Instagram journey.. due to testing how much you can push daily actions on Instagram (likes, comments, follow/unfollow, proxies, etc).

There is some serious money to be made on Instagram, I’ve already crossed into the 6 figures in profit this year promoting affiliate/cpa offers.

And to be honest that’s the most money I’ve ever made in my life but I’m not stopping here, we are all here for the fastlane!

Now I want to go about creating my own brands/ecommerce/offers.

So in a way to give back to the community, I thought I would help with any Instagram related questions.

And also is anyone else in here marketing Instagram succesfully?

*Pro Tip: If you guys are not on the Snapchat band wagon yet, you guys are definitely missing out! A huge percentage of my earnings came from Snapchat this year as well! The engagement on Snapchat is amazing. A large percentage of your followers will really do what you ask them to do(more so than instagram), whether it be go to this domain or follow this person etc. Snapchat is HUGE.
Can you inbox me some of the account names? This is really interesting.

Supercar Ace

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 8, 2015
Sunny So Cal - LA
Sound wisdom! Thanks for sharing!

Would you say that having an IG & snap chat is better for brand building in the modern internet era than a traditional web page? Or is having all 3 a great way to create a feedback-loop to build it?

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Sound wisdom! Thanks for sharing!

Would you say that having an IG & snap chat is better for brand building in the modern internet era than a traditional web page? Or is having all 3 a great way to create a feedback-loop to build it?

IMO it depends on what you are doing, if you are selling something through your website or offering content, your social media should lead people to your website. It does more than that though, like building customer trust plus sympathy, presenting new products, etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.