The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram + FollowLiker Journey

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Spoony

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Awesome thread and tons of good info.

I have just started getting into followliker after trying to figure out other ways to market for my drop-shipping store.

Will be following this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cobrah

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 5, 2015
Hey!
Do you think INstagram will soon be able to spot bot activity better and/or decrease their daily limits for activities?

Squadus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jun 13, 2015
Los Angeles
Very cool to read about your progress.

From what I have been reading it seems like the top 3 programs for Instagram automation are FollowLiker, Instagress and Mass Planner.

Just started the Instagress Free Trial and will be giving Follow Liker a shot very soon as well. I have two instagram accounts I am working towards boosting.

Looking forward to the next update!

Babaearly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 16, 2017
Abuja
@SeanyHang This is why I dont use the Follow/unfollow method. Your getting backed up because you have followed the max limit of 7500 followers. Now your FL is probably getting slowed down because it has a hard time unfollowing at the same rate as following.

Im not sure if that is the specific problem, but I'm pretty sure you set your account up to the point where it is limiting itself.

My suggestion, stop following/unfollowing. Try and see if you can get the same results with just liking photos. If you cant get followers just by liking photos then you need to do some major overhaul on your Instagram page. Follow/Unfollow should be an old trick that never gets used again.

You have 11K followers.

Start branding yourself as an authority figure rather than looking like a spammer(no hard feelings, but following 7,500 followers looks pretty bad.) Every person who looks at your account will automaticaly realise you amassed your followers from following. Instant credibility loss.

Just my opinion.

FollowLiker is doing exactly what its being told to do. So its not the program itself, but rather the settings you have it on.

Hello Mikkel.

Thanks for this thread,i got real nuggets of information here. I just got follow liker and created two instagram accounts. I'm not planning on using proxies yet and i'm looking towards using settings that are not really aggressive. But what i want to do is quite different from yours though, as mine will be aiming for short term profits, long term will come much later. :)

So i'm combining my maxbounty and instagram targeting the coupon niches. Will follow method only work for me? Since people will love to have their hands on free coupons, any need to build a page around this considering i'm targeting short term earnings?

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Hello Mikkel.

Thanks for this thread,i got real nuggets of information here. I just got follow liker and created two instagram accounts. I'm not planning on using proxies yet and i'm looking towards using settings that are not really aggressive. But what i want to do is quite different from yours though, as mine will be aiming for short term profits, long term will come much later. :)

So i'm combining my maxbounty and instagram targeting the coupon niches. Will follow method only work for me? Since people will love to have their hands on free coupons, any need to build a page around this considering i'm targeting short term earnings?

If you want to do just short term, than following will work. The reason being is that it is quite obvious that you are trying to give out free coupons. However, if you want to be know as a reliable person who gives out great discounts, then you may want to like photos instead. It really depends on how you want to portray yourself.

Babaearly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 16, 2017
Abuja
If you want to do just short term, than following will work. The reason being is that it is quite obvious that you are trying to give out free coupons. However, if you want to be know as a reliable person who gives out great discounts, then you may want to like photos instead. It really depends on how you want to portray yourself.

Thanks. :)

That will be great. i'm actually more of an engagement guy so i would even do more than liking. But do you have some ideas for me on how i can build my page, like what type of photos and captions do you think i can post on my page frequently? I just need a tiny bit of your knowledge then i'll run away with it and build a castle with it :)

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Thanks. :)

That will be great. i'm actually more of an engagement guy so i would even do more than liking. But do you have some ideas for me on how i can build my page, like what type of photos and captions do you think i can post on my page frequently? I just need a tiny bit of your knowledge then i'll run away with it and build a castle with it :)

I have not dabbled in discount content before so I am not familiar. However, I suggest finding accounts similar to your own and figure out what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong. I do this with every person I work with. You can make improvements to an area much quicker if you piggyback off of other peoples progress.

My suggestion is to find discounts in niches that people want. So IG is filled with Health/Fitness/Modeling/Comedy/Animal/Cars

Go into one of these niches. Post photos as if your are a regular account, but also provide discounts for different objects at various times.

That is how I would go about it if I were to do what you were doing.

PaulSB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 8, 2016
Houston
Hey @Mikkel , I'm currently switching over to the like method on my second account (looking to monetize it). I have a quick question, what are you using to see your users engagement rate? ALso @Aaron W , I have been studying your course for a month or so and it is very helpful. I pose the same question to you. I believe the engagement rate is the most important element in monetizing the account. I'm currently using webstagram and it has a neat feature that allows you to see a particular accounts engagement percentage based on the last 20 post that particular user posts.

If you guys have any other methods for analyzing users engagement rate, please share. Thanks again for this awesome thread!

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Hey @Mikkel , I'm currently switching over to the like method on my second account (looking to monetize it). I have a quick question, what are you using to see your users engagement rate? ALso @Aaron W , I have been studying your course for a month or so and it is very helpful. I pose the same question to you. I believe the engagement rate is the most important element in monetizing the account. I'm currently using webstagram and it has a neat feature that allows you to see a particular accounts engagement percentage based on the last 20 post that particular user posts.

If you guys have any other methods for analyzing users engagement rate, please share. Thanks again for this awesome thread!

I do not check my engagement rate at all. I know that on average my largest account recieves 2% on average, but what does it matter? Engagement rate is only important if you are trying to sell your posts.

I focus on what I can change. Can I create more engagement, sure... by gaining more followers. However, when you have a large following, you can't do a lot to change your engagement rate. Sure, if your photos and photo description are garbage, then you will need to work on it, but other than that, you are basically stuck.

Remember, as your account ages, so does your follower. Some people will stay on IG and some will not. Those that followed you from day 1 may not be using IG anymore. There are a lot of factors that you cannot change, that will negatively effect your engagement rate.

If I were you, focus on volume. Gain as many followers as you can. More potential eyes over the period of your IG account.

PaulSB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 8, 2016
Houston
I do not check my engagement rate at all. I know that on average my largest account recieves 2% on average, but what does it matter? Engagement rate is only important if you are trying to sell your posts.

I focus on what I can change. Can I create more engagement, sure... by gaining more followers. However, when you have a large following, you can't do a lot to change your engagement rate. Sure, if your photos and photo description are garbage, then you will need to work on it, but other than that, you are basically stuck.

Remember, as your account ages, so does your follower. Some people will stay on IG and some will not. Those that followed you from day 1 may not be using IG anymore. There are a lot of factors that you cannot change, that will negatively effect your engagement rate.

If I were you, focus on volume. Gain as many followers as you can. More potential eyes over the period of your IG account.

Let me clarify myself. I'm not that advanced... yet :) I'm speaking about the other users accounts that I choose to like photos of their users. If they have a higher engagement rate, this tells me that there followers are more active, which is the accounts that I want to connect with. Here's an example:

example.PNG

Here this account has 22% engagement. The formula for this number is "...adding the total likes and comments from your 20 most recent posts, and dividing that by your total followers", which tells me that a higher engagement rate means more active users.

example_2.PNG

Here, the first account has more engagement than the second account, so I would prefer to "FLC" that accounts users before I would "FLC" the second account because the first account users are more "active". In Aarons course that is one of the things he speaks about is having active users who are constantly using the app. I hope this clears up what I'm trying to say and maybe it makes a little more sense. TIA

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
I was using instagress with a lot of success, I just started it back up using followerliker and I've actually lost followers. Given the account was inactive for months and I just started it back up a few days ago. Still disappointing.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I think it would be a good time to make a bit of an update.

As some of us already know, Instagram has been changing a lot, including how we gain followers. With that being said, I have stopped using FollowLiker and have been working on better networking to grow my following. I haven't had much time with my Instagram accounts(need to finish a few projects) but once I do, I plan on selling off my largest account.

Each person is different in how they plan to use their accounts. For myself, I am taking 2 of my accounts(same niche) and building/inventing a new product that I can sell. This means I won't have much time for my main account that has about 100K followers.

So the next step in my progress thread for my main account is to become more active for about 1-2 months and increase engagement with those who are already following me. I have already found someone willing to buy the account for $500 as is(low engagement since the account has been inactive for a little bit) or will buy for $1,000 if engagement increases. I am hoping I can make a little extra from this account so I can help fund my new start up.

I have a lot of new knowledge about this new way to gain followers. The downside is that this new method is more time consuming, the upside is that you are more engaging with your followers.

If people are interested in this new method I can begin to post on the new methods, however, I would like to test this method for myself and find my opinion so I can share my thoughts with you all.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.