The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram + FollowLiker Journey

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Matt Nicholson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Apr 18, 2016
So i bought 5 instagram proxies via sslprivateproxy for around 24usd a month. Now do I need to have a VPN to make it work with FollowLiker?
I am a bit unsure here. I have entered the proxy information (with the proxy username and password) with the instagram username and password but I don't know if i run it if it will work correctly.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I finally got my phone rooted by a guy for 30€, couldn't waste any more time figuring this one out. :)
Once the phone is rooted do I need to do anything else at application-level (Instagram) or will I already be ready to go and my IP is not visible when accessing any internet website?

To be honest, I don't know the answer. Two things you could do is either go on your phone and go test your ip address or you can ask him if her can remove your IP address from being sent to IG. That is what I would do. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you because I have not done this before.

So i bought 5 instagram proxies via sslprivateproxy for around 24usd a month. Now do I need to have a VPN to make it work with FollowLiker?
I am a bit unsure here. I have entered the proxy information (with the proxy username and password) with the instagram username and password but I don't know if i run it if it will work correctly.

I believe you just need to add in the proxies to FollowLiker and you should be good to go. I have also not needed to use this yet as I only have 3 accounts I use.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matt Nicholson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Apr 18, 2016
Thank you.. I am wondering now if I post the same 30 hashtags on every photo on every account if that will get me banned.. Or maybe there is a way to rotate which hashtags i am using for each upload

Eos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 5, 2011
England
Thanks for all the information you've shared here!

How many instagram accounts can you create from your own home ip?

I've just made 5 so now have 7 including my personal.
Do I need to get proxies?

I don't want any getting banned especially my personal.

Last edited:

Eos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 5, 2011
England
I just found this information in the other thread which answers my question above.

Credit @Aaron W

If you start automating 5+ accounts. Then this applies.
  1. FollowLiker has a feature where you can enter proxy information.
  2. This information is gained after purchasing a proxy.
  3. You need to purchase one proxy for every additional set of 5 accounts you have.
  4. Therefore, if you had 10 accounts, you need to have two separate IP's relating to each 'set of five'.
  5. If you have 15 accounts, you would run 5 accounts on your home/VPN IP, 5 on your first proxy and the final 5 on your other proxy (Total of 2 proxies required to be purchased)
  6. *remember the more differentiation, the safer the accounts. Some people run 1 proxy to every 3 accounts to increase safety.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Thank you.. I am wondering now if I post the same 30 hashtags on every photo on every account if that will get me banned.. Or maybe there is a way to rotate which hashtags i am using for each upload

You can use the same 30 hashtags every post. This activity won't get you banned.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto

Matt Nicholson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Apr 18, 2016
You can use the same 30 hashtags every post. This activity won't get you banned.
Thanks so much Aaron. :)
is it ok if i rotate through 2000 hashtags 30 at a time?
I am uploading 7-9 photos a day
I am wondering if it will be necessary though. Maybe I should just find the best 30 tags and use those every time?

Also I found this Aaron, could help your students with hiding tags
http://www.itchban.com/blog/2015/10/28/how-to-hide-hashtags-on-instagram

you just do this before your tags (5 dots)
[HASHTAG]#tags[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#tagexample[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:
G

GuestUser141

Best tool on the market by far,fast learning curve is massplanner

This site isn,t an eCommerce marketing site,so why the discussion ?

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Thanks so much Aaron. :)
is it ok if i rotate through 2000 hashtags 30 at a time?
I am uploading 7-9 photos a day
I am wondering if it will be necessary though. Maybe I should just find the best 30 tags and use those every time?

Also I found this Aaron, could help your students with hiding tags
http://www.itchban.com/blog/2015/10/28/how-to-hide-hashtags-on-instagram

you just do this before your tags (5 dots)
[HASHTAG]#tags[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#tagexample[/HASHTAG]

Appologies for the late reply - been double busy.

I would just use 30 of the best hashtags in your category and maybe have 3 different sets of completely different hashtags to alter through if you really want to test different hashtags.

Also how come so many photos? Can throw people off following you. Best area is from 2 to 4 a day.

And hey that's a really neat trick with the dots. 100% going to be applying that from now on - man there such simple things hidden on this application.

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
Wow, my page is exploding. It's been maybe around 6-7 weeks and I have over 7k followers. I need to start thinking about monetizing at this rate.

Matt Nicholson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Apr 18, 2016
Appologies for the late reply - been double busy.

I would just use 30 of the best hashtags in your category and maybe have 3 different sets of completely different hashtags to alter through if you really want to test different hashtags.

Also how come so many photos? Can throw people off following you. Best area is from 2 to 4 a day.

And hey that's a really neat trick with the dots. 100% going to be applying that from now on - man there such simple things hidden on this application.

Thanks so much Aaron. your advice seems to be true the account i put random hashtags is not growing but one of my ones with 30 good ones every time is growing at 100 per day at least so far..

I think i will lower the photo amount too.. thank you for that recommendation and in general. you have been very helpful to me :) highly recommend his courses.

Last edited:

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Thanks so much Aaron. your advice seems to be true the account i put random hashtags is not growing but one of my ones with 30 good ones every time is growing at 100 per day at least so far..

I think i will lower the photo amount too.. thank you for that recommendation and in general. you have been very helpful to me :) highly recommend his courses.

No problem Matt, glad its all working smoothly :)

Matt Nicholson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Apr 18, 2016
so.. hows it going? so far 4 of my accounts were banned. but i think it was because i was putting the same caption in each photo..
now im up to 24 accounts. only about 12k followers total though. but i am raising the follows and likes slowly because i dont want them banned.. i have them all uploading pictures on autopilot. i took the photos from other accounts in the same niche using followlikers scraping ability and put them all in one folder and post them randomly 2-3 times a day with FL. I am in the MMO niche so im looking for something promote for that.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I guess now would be a good time to update everyone.

I apologize that I haven't been updating you all, I recently finished my first summer classes for graduate school. That means that I literally did not have time to do anything other than breath. Why am I telling you this? Over the past few months I have decided to cut out the fat with IG accounts because of my lack of time. I wanted to focus on my main accounts. So with that being said I only have 2 accounts now! These two accounts posts photos every day, unless my supply of photos run short, which I have run into a couple times.

My main account has passed 22K followers while my 2nd account has hit 5K followers.

1st account: 22K followers
2nd Account: 5K followers

I originally wanted to make a whole bunch of IG accounts to see if I could do affiliate marketing. I began trying to get things to work well by building email lists and such. In the end. I found that building theses were not worth it. I was not building anything. What happens when one of my accounts gets banned? Than what? My "business" only runs if Instagram says it runs.

What did I decide to do?
Well, I still using IG to promote, but what I have decided to do was to start building an online business around my 2nd IG account. I have created my own logo which I can post in another post if you all would like. I am buying $330 worth of product to test sell and see how they fair.

I will be using Facebook pages to allow IG followers to track the business through facebook if they would like and I will be setting up a Shopify page for my website. Luckily for myself, I have bought the website, secured the twitter and IG names so they will all be the same.

I will post on my progress with selling these products and tell of my experiences, whether good or bad.

dan easton

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 3, 2016
Great thread. Thanks for all the informative posts to everyone.

I'm having trouble with automating content posting from followliker for both Instagram and Twitter.

For Instagram:

In particular around tagging the content owner. If you enter into the default caption <@owner> it tags the owner but keeps their original post text as well. There is no way to tag owner and custom write your own text - it seems to be one or the other. Correct me if i'm wrong? I messaged followliker and they recommended manually editing each post to remove the original content - this kind of defeats the purpose of automation in my opinion. You all seem like followliker gurus - any tips? How are you guys solving this? I definitely don't want to post content that's not credited to the owner....

For Twitter:

With Twitter automating content from rss feeds in followliker if any feeds are from feedburner reader it seems to post 'feedproxy.com' before the link. Anyone know a way to remove this? I have gone with the approach of just not using feedburner rss feeds but so many have this that it's quite limiting. Also, it will occasionally just pull random words such as '24 hour post' and post those rather than the actual content - these are from prominent rss feeds such as huffpost etc so doubt it's an issue with the feed - must be how followliker crawls the content.

Hoping to get your thoughts / feedback? Thanks in advance.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
For Instagram:

In particular around tagging the content owner. If you enter into the default caption <@owner> it tags the owner but keeps their original post text as well. There is no way to tag owner and custom write your own text - it seems to be one or the other. Correct me if i'm wrong? I messaged followliker and they recommended manually editing each post to remove the original content - this kind of defeats the purpose of automation in my opinion. You all seem like followliker gurus - any tips? How are you guys solving this? I definitely don't want to post content that's not credited to the owner....

I can only answer for Instagram, since I have no idea about Twitter.
This may not be the answer you were looking for, @dan easton but I simply do not tag people in photos.
The reason being is, that the majority of people who look at my post simply look at the photo and then if they are interested in the photo, they will read the description. The description is where I give my credit.

E.g - Dang! @DiverBoy123 caught a huge lobster! Mad props, dude!

or

Dang! I wouldn't mind catching a lobster like that!
Photo: @DiverBoy123

Those are my two templates for giving photo credit to the owner.

Another reason why I choose this route is because I have heard through the grape vines that if you tag a photo of someone you are not following, you COULD be flagged for spam.

It very well could be untrue, but I do not plan on taking any risks, so I simply stay away from tagging photos.

Hope my answer helped!

dan easton

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 3, 2016
I can only answer for Instagram, since I have no idea about Twitter.
This may not be the answer you were looking for, @dan easton but I simply do not tag people in photos.
The reason being is, that the majority of people who look at my post simply look at the photo and then if they are interested in the photo, they will read the description. The description is where I give my credit.

E.g - Dang! @DiverBoy123 caught a huge lobster! Mad props, dude!

or

Dang! I wouldn't mind catching a lobster like that!
Photo: @DiverBoy123

Those are my two templates for giving photo credit to the owner.

Another reason why I choose this route is because I have heard through the grape vines that if you tag a photo of someone you are not following, you COULD be flagged for spam.

It very well could be untrue, but I do not plan on taking any risks, so I simply stay away from tagging photos.

Hope my answer helped!

Thanks for the quick response and sorry I may not have explained myself well - by tagging I did not mean in the photo but exactly what you are doing - in the caption. How do you automate that in Followliker? I can't customise the text AND tag the owner...

dan easton

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 3, 2016
Thanks for the quick response and sorry I may not have explained myself well - by tagging I did not mean in the photo but exactly what you are doing - in the caption. How do you automate that in Followliker? I can't customise the text AND tag the owner...

To put it another way what I am trying to achieve is a way to tag the owner in the caption while deleting their caption text and inputing my own caption text. There doesn't seem to be a way to do both of these in FollowLiker. You can customise the text to what you want or you can tag the owner but you can't customise the text and tag the owner in the caption. Is this correct? If so, how have you overcome this?

Sorry for all these newb questions :p

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
To put it another way what I am trying to achieve is a way to tag the owner in the caption while deleting their caption text and inputing my own caption text. There doesn't seem to be a way to do both of these in FollowLiker. You can customise the text to what you want or you can tag the owner but you can't customise the text and tag the owner in the caption. Is this correct? If so, how have you overcome this?

Sorry for all these newb questions :p

I wouldn't say these a noob questions :)
I'll have to be honest. I have never automated my account to your extent. I manually enter in all my photos and manually type each description. In that sense, all you have to do is just type @Name
However, I assume you are scraping photos from Instagram and then you are deleting what they wrote and adding a generic text line plus their username without ever actually touching the photo. Is that correct?

I'd try and push FollowLiker support a bit and demand a straight answer from them. You're definatly charting into territory that is not so common for myself!

dan easton

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 3, 2016
I wouldn't say these a noob questions :)
I'll have to be honest. I have never automated my account to your extent. I manually enter in all my photos and manually type each description. In that sense, all you have to do is just type @Name
However, I assume you are scraping photos from Instagram and then you are deleting what they wrote and adding a generic text line plus their username without ever actually touching the photo. Is that correct?

I'd try and push FollowLiker support a bit and demand a straight answer from them. You're definatly charting into territory that is not so common for myself!

Yeah spot on that's exactly what i'm trying to do - doesn't seem followliker supports this exactly though. I'll keep everyone posted here if they manage to offer a solution apart from manually updating. Thanks for the help.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
so.. hows it going? so far 4 of my accounts were banned. but i think it was because i was putting the same caption in each photo..
now im up to 24 accounts. only about 12k followers total though. but i am raising the follows and likes slowly because i dont want them banned.. i have them all uploading pictures on autopilot. i took the photos from other accounts in the same niche using followlikers scraping ability and put them all in one folder and post them randomly 2-3 times a day with FL. I am in the MMO niche so im looking for something promote for that.

100% because of the same captions (it looks spammy). Avoid looking like a robot/bot = less likely to be banned.

dan easton

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 3, 2016
Having multiple accounts in the one project seems to slow each account from reaching their daily targets. In general settings I have set automation interval as 1 second so not sure why this is happening.....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.