The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Income streams on a three-month rhythm

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
I will start teaching IT lectures at a college soon and I have figured out a way to scale this side hustle by the factor of 24 which is equivalent to half the time of a full-time job. Further scaling is challenging since teaching at college is only possible during November through January and May through July. Also, I think that the majority of colleges have the same holiday times.

What I would like to do with more experience is teaching IT-related courses (PSM1, ISAQB, ISTQB etc.) to companies. Therefore, I would like to get a different income stream for the remaining time which is improving my practical IT knowledge. Which income streams related to IT do you know on a three-month rhythm?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
I will start teaching IT lectures at a college soon and I have figured out a way to scale this side hustle by the factor of 24 which is equivalent to half the time of a full-time job. Further scaling is challenging since teaching at college is only possible during November through January and May through July. Also, I think that the majority of colleges have the same holiday times.

What I would like to do with more experience is teaching IT-related courses (PSM1, ISAQB, ISTQB etc.) to companies. Therefore, I would like to get a different income stream for the remaining time which is improving my practical IT knowledge. Which income streams related to IT do you know on a three-month rhythm?
Have you thought about entering the online courses market with your own IT-related courses? You could build up a few short ones on the likes of Skillshare whilst also selling longer versions on Udemy or even launch your own online school with Teachable or a similar provider. It would allow you to build an income whilst furthering your own knowledge.

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
Have you thought about entering the online courses market with your own IT-related courses? You could build up a few short ones on the likes of Skillshare whilst also selling longer versions on Udemy or even launch your own online school with Teachable or a similar provider. It would allow you to build an income whilst furthering your own knowledge.
I have considered entering the online courses market after @Antifragile suggested that. Indeed, courses might be great for later. But increasing my own knowledge without getting real-world project experience on software architecture is as promising as reading books instead of action-taking when doing business. People will not believe preachers without practical experience as easily as people who actually achieved great results.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
increasing my own knowledge without getting real-world project experience on software architecture is as promising as reading books instead of action-taking when doing business.
Not necessarily. Some people take courses to pass tests.

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
Not necessarily. Some people take courses to pass tests.
We have to distinguish between two things:
1. Courses on my lectures at the university. This is what I can do.
2. Courses on more advanced topics. This is where I have to learn.
What I would like to do is a side hustle to get the experience in order to be proficient in 2.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
I have considered entering the online courses market after @Antifragile suggested that. Indeed, courses might be great for later. But increasing my own knowledge without getting real-world project experience on software architecture is as promising as reading books instead of action-taking when doing business. People will not believe preachers without practical experience as easily as people who actually achieved great results.
I build dry stone walls as a hobby. It's highly skilled and takes a long time to learn. When I first started looking for someone to teach me I found a local wall builder who ran courses. I didn't take his course but opted for one by the Dry Stone Walling Association. I now know the first guy running the courses that I didn't go with doesn't know what he is talking about but I had to learn enough myself to make that decision. Had I attended his course and had a good time I would have thought he was great until I learned he was doing it wrong.

What I'm trying to say is that unless you are a complete novice, there will always be people trying to learn from you. Providing you know enough to help them they will pay and you will have done a good thing. Turn your existing knowledge into a revenue stream that you own. If it frees enough time you can do whatever you need/want to in order to gain additional knowledge/experience.

Just a thought.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
We have to distinguish between two things:
1. Courses on my lectures at the university. This is what I can do.
2. Courses on more advanced topics. This is where I have to learn.
What I would like to do is a side hustle to get the experience in order to be proficient in 2.
Do both? I’m a consultant and create courses. Being a practitioner means I can keep adding/updating the courses with what I’ve learned in the field.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.