The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

IMPORTANT: Why Having a Decision Framework for Worst-Case Consequences is Crucial

Anything related to matters of the mind

andrea532

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 14, 2020
Italy
I'll tell you my very recent story, it all happened yesterday.
I was at my workplace (working on a business to get by), during a break, I received a call from an operator claiming to be from a bank where I am a customer. Perhaps tired or distracted, I took it seriously as the operator informed me that there had been an access to my account from Switzerland.
Some of you might criticize me for falling so easily, but I took the matter seriously, starting to provide data to access the account (things that should not be done) until I reached the last piece of information, which I accidentally gave incorrectly. There, fate or something came to my rescue; the break ended, saving me from further potential harm.
I hung up on this fake operator and returned to work. In this case, it was fate because in this account, there were 10,000 euros. Saving 10,000 euros in Italy is like saving 30,000 dollars in America, and this money is crucial for the creation and development of the cosmetic product, as mentioned in my post.

If You Want To Create A Cosmetics Line From Scratch, Then Expect This!

In short, what I want is to share this experience with you, which embarrasses me a lot as I seem gullible. However, it might help people in this forum, perhaps with larger capital than mine, to avoid scams of this kind and have a quick decision-making plan to discern the risks involved in a 20-minute call.
Indeed, from today onwards, I will start using the method introduced by MJ DeMarco in 'The Millionaire Fastlane' to prevent this from happening to me again. Perhaps it won't be a phone scam next time, but it could be anything, which is why one must keep their eyes open.
Thank you all and have a great day, Fastlaners.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
I am not surprised it took you 20 minutes to understand it was a scam. I get scam calls sometimes, and these 'people' have reached advanced levels. If you're an old pensioner, they use tricks that only work on the gullible, however if they know you have money or operate a business they come better prepared. It's no longer obvious and they employ elaborate cover stories, high pressure, and friendly sales tactics (human engineering). Unfortunately, scammers share / sell your info and are quick to adopt new methods.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.