The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm RICH! $$$$ Take my money! [Marketing to the Affluent]

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Facebook top channel for ad recall among millionaires

"Other channels in which the wealthy had a higher portion of recall than all consumers include Pinterest, digital newspapers, Google+, Tumblr, sports stadiums, elevators, office lobbies, inside gyms and on transportation such as airplanes, buses and subway cars."

"According to a study conducted by Facebook, approximately 20 percent of Americans’ time on mobile is spent on Facebook and Instagram, evidencing their marketing potential. For those who use both equally, Facebook satiates desire for empowerment and connection, while Instagram satisfies the want of fun, relaxation and discovery.

Interaction on both platforms is tilted most heavily in favor of close friends and family, but celebrities and brands are higher priorities for Instagram users. However, Facebook is bigger for person-to-person interactions, presenting brands with the conundrum of visibility and engagement on Instagram, but better viral opportunities on Facebook (see story)."

https://www.luxurydaily.com/facebook-top-channel-for-ad-recall-among-millionaires-report/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
One of my long term clients is an ecommerce store selling skin care to the affluent (mainly older women). I kind of help run it at this point.

This skin care ranges from $49 to $8,000. The 4 figure stuff doesn't sell every day.

No group of people "likes what they like" more than the people who can afford it. Price to them doesn't matter as much as the experience they get from it. That's why Hermes can sell what they sell for the prices they sell them for. Part of it is buying the brand name, but so much of it is just buying the experience. Not only do you feel good carrying a Hermes bag, you feel good using it. You feel good looking at yourself carrying it. You feel good talking about it. Every part of the experience makes you feel good. As long as you have that bag, there's some sense of pride, enjoyment, utility, and looking good. Same with the skin care my client sells.

Price does matter, but not as much as the experience.

People who can't afford things like this tend to make fun of it. Thing is, them making fun of it rarely matters anyway. If it hits the ears of the affluent, though, they might be curious enough to give it a go (depending on how you sell it).

Another thing about affluent customers is that they seem to put a great deal of trust in a given brand. If you want to market to the affluent, you need to REALLY build that trust. Affluent customers can afford to buy things that WOW them, and will generally tend to choose the best thing they know about (if they value that product category, that is)

This thread is excellent and I hope you keep updating it. These articles are really eye opening.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
I also suggest getting on the catalog mailing list for J.Peterman. I've received the J.Peterman catalog and the copywriting is amazing. You can literally pick up the catalog and read from beginning to end like it's a book. The stories they created for each piece of clothing is retail copywriting at it's best. Dan Kennedy's No B.S. Marketing to the Affluent even addresses J.Peterman's catalog copywriting and the brilliance behind it.

upload_2018-1-11_21-38-33.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.