- Joined
- Aug 20, 2012
- Messages
- 658
Rep Bank
$1,205
$1,205
User Power: 74%
You guys know I do YouTube, and so far I've racked up 25,000 followers.
The thing is, I don't enjoy it anymore. Here is why
- While 98% of the comments I receive are positive, the ones that are bad are always the same thing "Find new material"
- My fans are accustomed to viewing things related to a specific game (I do comedy, but via videogames), and I am too afraid to branch out. I've found that people usually tell you they want new things, but when you do it, it back lashes
- My brother has been telling me "Dude, it's YOUR channel. You got to where you wanted because you did what you enjoyed, and now you're worrying about what others think of you. This is true and it's killing me inside. I want to expand more into new types of comedy.
See, I think about if you were to ask someone with millions of subscribers "Hey, did you change anything along the way, even like 25,000 followers into your journey?" They'd say "LOL. 25,000? You mean when I was just starting? I had plenty of time to change, I was just beginning!".
That's the way I view it, but my fear of trying something new and sabotaging myself is killing me and my channel. I no longer look forward to uploading, I no longer obsess over my channel because I can't enjoy what I no longer know how to make.
TL;DR - My fear of branching out in creative ways is crippling the growth of my channel and putting a pause on any progress I've made. I don't want to disappoint.
The thing is, I don't enjoy it anymore. Here is why
- While 98% of the comments I receive are positive, the ones that are bad are always the same thing "Find new material"
- My fans are accustomed to viewing things related to a specific game (I do comedy, but via videogames), and I am too afraid to branch out. I've found that people usually tell you they want new things, but when you do it, it back lashes
- My brother has been telling me "Dude, it's YOUR channel. You got to where you wanted because you did what you enjoyed, and now you're worrying about what others think of you. This is true and it's killing me inside. I want to expand more into new types of comedy.
See, I think about if you were to ask someone with millions of subscribers "Hey, did you change anything along the way, even like 25,000 followers into your journey?" They'd say "LOL. 25,000? You mean when I was just starting? I had plenty of time to change, I was just beginning!".
That's the way I view it, but my fear of trying something new and sabotaging myself is killing me and my channel. I no longer look forward to uploading, I no longer obsess over my channel because I can't enjoy what I no longer know how to make.
TL;DR - My fear of branching out in creative ways is crippling the growth of my channel and putting a pause on any progress I've made. I don't want to disappoint.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
