The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm 22 and trying to answer a very important question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ eats new aspiring entrepreneurs for breakfast. Didn't you know?

Not my intent.

If I come across that way it's because I'm reflecting on what my 22-year old self would have needed to hear, tone, content, all of it. "Time out" and "safe space" kid gloves wouldn't have worked for me.

I wish I had mentor who didn't dabble in smooth sultry language and instead told me the harsh truth of the world just like I've done here. Instead, I had to learn the hard way -- and it probably cost me years.

Nonetheless, if anyone is offended over what some stranger says to you on the internet, they'll have a tough time making it as an UNSCRIPTED entrepreneur, someone who has to naturally reach thousands, if not millions.

I am grateful. I hope it doesnt come off that I'm not. Honestly I'm a proud person and needed a little time to regain some composure so I wouldnt get back on here mad. I've found that speaking out of anger isn't wise. I'm going through the responses now. While I'm here thank you for taking the time to respond.

That fact that you are still here, despite my terseness and tone, demonstrates many positive things.

So kudos to you.

Bottomline, all of us here are to support each other.

For instance, check out this thread and the support this gentleman is receiving...

Borrowing Money to Attend 2018 Fastlane Summit

I've been here 10 YEARS.

In that time, I've seen HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS aspiring entrepreneurs COME and GO.

When someone comes in looking for something EASY, FAST, and TURN-KEY, they are 99.9% guaranteed to disappear -- because this forum doesn't represent that mentality, nor does it foster such false beliefs.

So when I see the EASY mentality pop-in, I get extremely frustrated and lash out transforming that 99.9% into 99.9999%, to my own detriment. Call it 10-years of banging my head against the wall trying to get people to see the light.

Glad to see you are still here, giving me a teachable moment.

I suggest spending a few hours in the GOLD / NOTABLE threads to get a feel for the forum.

Also I strongly suggest reading my 2 books -- if you don't want to buy them (I understand since you think I'm a d*ckhead) I'd suggest stealing them on the torrents -- I'm sure they're out there.

Good luck and I hope we do a better job in the paradigm shift than Reddit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Del

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
394%
Jan 22, 2018
London, UK
I am glad to see you finally take a step back and realign Davis. Keep in mind that the majority of us are not here to put you down or make fun of you. We were all once in your shoes perception wise. Even if that was the case, a bunch of negative comments in a forum by people you have never met, do not have an impact on your quality of life.

I only have 2 friends one of which is my brother by blood. Ask me why and I will tell you it's because I do not tell people what they want to hear. I will not censor my words to comfort their ignorance.
Most people cannot cope with the TRUTH. Most people are living a LIE, they wake up and see themselves as what they would like to be, not for what they are. This is not to say that I am better than anyone else. The difference is that I have the guts to admit I AM A SHEEP that lives in a SCRIPT instead of trying to pose as somebody I'm not by flexing on social media or with any other kind of behaviour.

Don't be that person.

P.S: Read the f*cking books, if you can't afford them send me your email I can recommend you 1/2 in Audible, whichever is more expensive. You should be able to get it for free if that's the first time you accept a book from somebody.

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
This community rules.

@KingCarbo your entry ticket into lunch with me:
- find a way to contact me
- buy
- have already read the books
- have already tried to turn $5 into $10

Take these steps out on the ledge and then I'll help you however I can to make the leap.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
This community rules.

@KingCarbo your entry ticket into lunch with me:
- find a way to contact me
- buy
- have already read the books
- have already tried to turn $5 into $10

Take these steps out on the ledge and then I'll help you however I can to make the leap.

Does that offer hold for anyone?

Dave Daily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Feb 22, 2018
Chico, CA
@KingCarbo What a great intro thread! I'm new here too and was a bit shocked at first at the response you got. Perhaps you were getting some tough love and perhaps it was something else. I really don't know. I haven't been here long enough to get a sense of the personalities. Nevertheless, I like the way you've handled yourself in the aftermath. Stay with it. I look forward to seeing your first progress thread. I'm putting mine together soon.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@KingCarbo can u please fix your email address...

The forum is receiving email errors via your account and it fills up our inboxes.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 10.14.57 PM.png

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
A lot of people come here because they heard about this cool new thing called entrepreneurship that all the kids are doing now. You probably read blog posts saying how you can make "$X from the internet while travelling the world" and now you want a piece of the action.

The fact that you're completely ignorant about the realities of business makes you seem like an entitled Millennial who wants something quick and easy because it seems cool.

Not only that, MJ himself is trying to give you some valuable lessons and rather than graciously accept the advice you're acting like a twat. No where else are you going to get insight like you get from here. There are people here who live in mansions and drive exotic cars and are willing to give you FREE ADVICE on how to get on that level. Show a willingness to learn rather than toot your own horn and people will like you more.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
A lot of people come here because they heard about this cool new thing called entrepreneurship that all the kids are doing now. You probably read blog posts saying how you can make "$X from the internet while travelling the world" and now you want a piece of the action.

The fact that you're completely ignorant about the realities of business makes you seem like an entitled Millennial who wants something quick and easy because it seems cool.

Not only that, MJ himself is trying to give you some valuable lessons and rather than graciously accept the advice you're acting like a twat. No where else are you going to get insight like you get from here. There are people here who live in mansions and drive exotic cars and are willing to give you FREE ADVICE on how to get on that level. Show a willingness to learn rather than toot your own horn and people will like you more.

^^^^ You can always tell the ones that don't read the whole thread before responding.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
^^^^ You can always tell the ones that don't read the whole thread before responding.

Yea, gonna lock it as it pretty much reached a nice resolution. Don't need to keep kicking up the dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.