The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If You Could Start a Charity What Would It Be and Why?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
For those helping or running charities or non-profits, check out Google and Facebook Ads grants for charities. Google offers up to $10k/mth ad spend.

@Antifragile ... you help out at a charity that's got a great mission. Can you describe what do they do?

Thanks for the tag, Andy.

Our charity aims to create an army of innovators. It empowers teachers and inspires young minds. We equip students with the skills, mindset, and adaptability needed to navigate an ever-changing landscape, encouraging them to set ambitious goals, push their boundaries, and embrace innovative thinking.

We do that by providing a curriculum program at schools for kids grades 4 to 8 that teaches how to start their first business. They get grades (meaning it’s not an after-school program) and get to keep profits too. Many kids come from absolutely nothing, have no money or family support. Our charity doesn’t just create entrepreneurs (which most won’t be!) but ignites interests in other subjects.

We see kids who hated math getting interested, why? Because they need to calculate their profit margin!

It’s remarkable what young minds can do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Our charity aims to create an army of innovated. It empowers teachers and inspires young minds. We equip students with the skills, mindset, and adaptability needed to navigate an ever-changing landscape, encouraging them to set ambitious goals, push their boundaries, and embrace innovative thinking.

We do that by providing a curriculum program at schools for kids grades 4 to 8 that teaches how to start their first business. They get grades (meaning it’s not an after-school program) and get to keep profits too. Many kids come from absolutely nothing, have no money or family support. Our charity doesn’t just create entrepreneurs (which most won’t be!) but ignites interests in other subjects.

We see kids who hated math getting interested, why? Because they need to calculate their profit margin!

I love it.

What ages are grades 4 to 8?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
May 18, 2023

Our charity aims to create an army of innovators. It empowers teachers and inspires young minds. We equip students with the skills, mindset, and adaptability needed to navigate an ever-changing landscape, encouraging them to set ambitious goals, push their boundaries, and embrace innovative thinking.

Could I join as a supervisor? This sounds so fun!

kp001

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 5, 2018
Great topic. My thoughts have recently evolved on this after a friend of mine wrote a book about his experiences starting up a charity

Id want to ensure that I was crystal.clear on what problem we were trying to solve, is our solution the correct solution, what success would actually entail and how to ensure the maximum amount of money goes to the cause and is not wasted along the way.

Brookzo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 4, 2024
Great topic. My thoughts have recently evolved on this after a friend of mine wrote a book about his experiences starting up a charity

Id want to ensure that I was crystal.clear on what problem we were trying to solve, is our solution the correct solution, what success would actually entail and how to ensure the maximum amount of money goes to the cause and is not wasted along the way.
Sounds interesting, might pick it up for my Kindle next months. Remember reading articles on how most huge charities spend like 30-40% of donations just to maintain their own frameworks and that's kinda sad...

Last edited:

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
I started a small charity and we were operational for the first time this past year.

We run a United States visitation program for orphan high school students in South Korea.
Right now we're partnered with one children's home, but we're trying to grow and expand to help more kids in different ways.

The impact of our program exceeded our expectations and its incredible rewarding. A lot more work that I initially anticipated but it's worth it.

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
Something involving education. 'Teach a man to fish' and all that.

Basically if I could make one single charitable contribution to the world, it would be to overthrow the educational establishment.

It is the root of all the world's malaise, and it needs to be smashed and replaced with something ten times better. We all know of particular acute signs of this: in the US for example it's the PhD working at a checkout, or the graduate with $0.5M debt, or the statistic that the longer people stay in education (especially public, and especially if they stay permanently -- i.e. become a teacher), the more leftist they end up etc. But the problem runs much much deeper than the stark examples at the end of the funnel. Everywhere in the world, every student says the same thing, from very early on: "I'm never going to use this crap".

If a 14yo student can observe that fact, why can't parents and teachers?

The answer is simple. You are born with an unf**cked head, and it takes time to get f**cked in the head. And then render that upon the next generation. Society's ills are passed down.

And this is crucially important to world progress. It's not about whether Johnny ends up making $5M/year or $5k/year at 30 (although that's important too). Every kid who's life is pissed to the wind by forcing him to waste his young brain on junk he'll never use, is one more delay in us reaching a cure for a disease killing millions a year, one more delay in an evil government being overthrown, one more delay in us reaching Mars.

Millions of people are dying year after year, or suffering bitterly, or even just suffering (no one likes having the flu or a cold), unnecessarily. There is a cheap cure for malaria. There is a cheap instant cure for acne, baldness, accident-caused disabilities, etc. But it just doesn't exist yet. Every year that guy or that company that creates it fails to come into existence, is another batch of millions of people's lives ruined.

The root cause is parents. Teachers are the mere employees of parents. Most parents select schools for their kids on the most self-absorbed measures they can. How close is it. Does it have a pretty brochure. How cheap is it (ideally free). Etc. Stands to reason though. Most 1st world people are lazy losers. Why would that cease when they pop out a kid?

My charity would take the form of a business with 100% capital reinvestment. Indeed it's basically what I've decided is my mission in life, and it's what I'm working towards getting large money for.

The business would be very simple: objective school. It would be as remote from one-size fits all as could be imagined. There would be no farcical 'career counselors'. Any teacher who used the phrase ADHD would be fired on the spot, and if he recommended a medication he'd be sued. There would be no such thing as "core" beyond bare language and civics basics necessary to relate to other members of society. No fixed semesters & exam period. No fixed year levels ("K-12" just gets flat out deleted). And so on. It would be education as an art form: make every student realize their personal fullest life potential as fast as possible.

The marketing model would be simple. No dreamy adverts of smiling kids wearing uniforms. Simple cold hard facts. Debt loads of current graduates. Underemployment rates. Job satisfaction rates. "This is what the last generation of parents did to their children. How about you?".
I too have a passion for education and creating better adults from children. This is why my wife and I will be homeschooling, which sounds exactly like what your dream education describes :). Remember, education starts at home! Might as well keep it there! I love your post.

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
Helping the children that are victims of violence and sexual abuse from adults.

Nothing makes me more sick and angry than this.

Some people in this world are extremely sick in the head.
Reminds me of the biker group that will ride with the abused kid to court or school To give them confidence when testifying or confronting a bully :). Great guys!

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 11, 2018
Anything relating to ANIMALS or CHILDREN because they're purely innocent.

Grown adults, not so much.
Same, I couldn't agree more.

I would probably also add medical research and funding nice open source projects. But animals or children charity would be my main priority.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.