The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Idea Poll]SAAS business for analytics and monitoring

Idea threads

my idea is, are your employees, freelancers, partners are working and what they are doing?($5-15/m)

• interested

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • seems interesting

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • maybe later(not now)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nope

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • worst idea ever

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • similar companies exists

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • will give you money right now.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
my idea is are your employees, freelancers, partners, or even yourself working and what they are doing?

you can also track the performance of employee overtime and get to know his productivity level

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
I wouldn't use it. Upwork has a system for this though so they have identified a need presumably. I think it sets a bad precedent to not trust your employees and measure instead based on deliverables but there are companies that would probably want this. Your pill is unclear are you looking for us to indicate whether we would use it (objective) or whether we think someone would use it (hypothesizing)

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I wouldn't use it. Upwork has a system for this though so they have identified a need presumably. I think it sets a bad precedent to not trust your employees and measure instead based on deliverables but there are companies that would probably want this. Your pill is unclear are you looking for us to indicate whether we would use it (objective) or whether we think someone would use it (hypothesizing)
Thanks for feedback, I dropped the idea, because many didn't like the idea or won't use it.

Last edited:

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
doesnt this exist on those sites like upwork?

AppMan

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
May 25, 2019
Thanks for feedback, I dropped the idea, because many didn't like the idea or won't use it.
Wrong, in public people sell idealism, but in reality it is different, most software companies that claim they are very humane and trust their employees have tools to monitor employees , Toggl is one of the tools that is used widly even though clearly mean you are micromanaged to the minutes level .

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Wrong, in public people sell idealism, but in reality it is different, most software companies that claim they are very humane and trust their employees have tools to monitor employees , Toggl is one of the tools that is used widly even though clearly mean you are micromanaged to the minutes level .
to tell the truth I was not that committed, even though i thought i could make a better product than what is available but I was trying to make a quick buck.
If enough people here Wanted it i could just make it in a week using python as all modules are readily available so thats that.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I've got 8 full-time employees and 2 contractors and tracking their productivity through analytics is not my idea of being a good leader. It's like the companies who monitor employee bathroom time or some shit. I'm running a fun business, not a chain gang. I can see productivity by the tasks they are assigned when they're done. I don't fully understand your idea as it's very vague, but this is the point of view I have on it thus far.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.