The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I sell my AI app for $50k ?

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Apr 9, 2020
France
Hi!

I received offers for my app, but I'm still hesitating if I should sell it or not.

Here is some background:

I learned to code in May of last year (2022) (full details here). Since then, I released lots of apps, until one started to work well. Without going into too many details, it's related to AI. I launched the app in December 2022, so 3 months ago, and it generated $20,000 of sales so far.

It makes consistent sales ($100-$200/day) fully organic. The profit is around 70%

However, the issue is that the internal reviews are pretty mediocre. Since AI can't generate EXACTLY what people ask, and some don't respect the limitations (I wrote clearly the do/don't but people don't read), the results often end up being just ok. That could definitely be improved in the long run by re-working the app, but I think it's beyond my technical capacities. I'd also like to focus on other businesses.

I decided to list it for $50,000 on a platform acquisition marketplace, and I received a few offers already.

I just wanted to get some opinions from entrepreneurs who've been there before too.

Should I sell it, or keep it as a cashflow source to fund other projects? And is $50,000 too high, too low, or ok?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

circleme

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 17, 2023
A track record of only 3 months and you are already getting offers? I would definitely NOT buy that at all (from a buyer perspective) as the earnings and traffic history is quite short.

I'm curious. Can you give some more information about your product?

And btw: A big congrats on your success! I'm in the process of building mine as well and I would be happy for any general information from someone who has made it if you don't mind.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Have you vetted the buyers? There are a lot of tire kickers out there, as well as snakes who will try to get you to cough up your intellectual property during their "due diligence."

Have you considered listing it for more? AI is a hot field right now, and you're selling at roughly your annual projected income (.20,000 / 3.5 * 12 * .7 = 48,000). Established SaaS companies sell for 3-4x annual profit, sometimes more.

Obviously there is a lot in the air with the SaaS only being a few months old, so $50K might be solid.

I'd ask yourself these questions:
  • Could you hire a machine learning dev from another country to improve the app for you?
  • If you sold it for $50K and found out that you could have received much more, would you regret it?
  • If you don't sell it and it fizzles out, would you regret having let the $50K pass by?
  • How much time are you willing to lose for other projects in an effort to improve your sale price here?

Though, congrats on going from not knowing how to program to having a profitable SaaS in less than a year.

Last edited:

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.