The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Just Graduated! And So Should You?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Yula

Go Small, Then Big or Go Home
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
First of all, let me tell you that I'm not the person that will make your life decisions. The only one able to do that is you!

As of today, I've finally graduated with my bachelor's degree as a mechanical engineer!

I've spent the last 4 years working my a$$ off to finish this part of my life... While spending a lot of hours per week on my education, I also did a lot of side hustles. One of the side hustles eventually generated a nice income from which I can live off of, nothing crazy but it gives me some peace of mind.

Why am I telling you all of this?

Because I've seen a lot of people drop out lately... even in the last stages as they were about to finish their education.

All because they "wanted" to start their own business or even worse, they didn't know after 3.5 years if they actually liked what they were learning.

Education is expensive... so why waste the time (and money) you've spent grinding to get through the years to throw it all away because you "want" to pursue a business venture?

I'm glad I didn't drop out!

Why?

Because whenever my business pursuit fails and I have nothing left in the bank, I can relatively easily get a "high"-paying job.

And why is that important?

Because the faster you fill up that bank account, the sooner you can get back to going all-in on your market-tested business model!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Because whenever my business pursuit fails and I have nothing left in the bank, I can relatively easily get a "high"-paying job.

True, but you graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering.

Most graduates with philosophy degrees are no better than their counterparts who never went to college.

Congrats on graduation!

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Congrats on your accomplishment.

What's next for you?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Graduation well done!

Whatever job you take, never give up your hustles!

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 10, 2022
@Yula I have met you personally and you seemed to me like a very smart and hardworking person.

Also extremely mature for your age. I have great faith in you that you will be successful in your pursuits!!

I also agree with the statement that (most) people should finish their studies. It proves to everyone and themselves first and foremost that they have the guts to finish something in their lives. And this first success can lead to the second, third, and in the end, a compounding effect happens.

Congratulations again!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: Waiting for a Bill Gates/ Mark Zuckerberg comment in 3...2...1..... (I hope it never comes)

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Most graduates with philosophy degrees are no better than their counterparts who never went to college.
True, the statement I made only applies to degrees that stay in high demand. Unfortunately, most students rush their decision and don't think twice about the subject they choose.

What's next for you?
I'm currently in the process of creating an app! Here's my progress thread. I still work as a freelance copywriter right now, with expertise in e-mail marketing.

Whatever job you take, never give up your hustles!
For now, my hustles continue to keep me out of a job, so I'm not planning on taking a job! :)

Congrats on graduation!
Congrats on your accomplishment.
Graduation well done!
Thank you all so much!

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
@Yula I have met you personally and you seemed to me like a very smart and hardworking person.

Also extremely mature for your age. I have great faith in you that you will be successful in your pursuits!!

I also agree with the statement that (most) people should finish their studies. It proves to everyone and themselves first and foremost that they have the guts to finish something in their lives. And this first success can lead to the second, third, and in the end, a compounding effect happens.

Congratulations again!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: Waiting for a Bill Gates/ Mark Zuckerberg comment in 3...2...1..... (I hope it never comes)
Thank you Panos! I really appreciate the kind words!

Exactly what I was thinking. Another positive result from studying is learning people skills and building up a network.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
First of all, let me tell you that I'm not the person that will make your life decisions. The only one able to do that is you!

As of today, I've finally graduated with my bachelor's degree as a mechanical engineer!

I've spent the last 4 years working my a$$ off to finish this part of my life... While spending a lot of hours per week on my education, I also did a lot of side hustles. One of the side hustles eventually generated a nice income from which I can live off of, nothing crazy but it gives me some peace of mind.

Why am I telling you all of this?

Because I've seen a lot of people drop out lately... even in the last stages as they were about to finish their education.

All because they "wanted" to start their own business or even worse, they didn't know after 3.5 years if they actually liked what they were learning.

Education is expensive... so why waste the time (and money) you've spent grinding to get through the years to throw it all away because you "want" to pursue a business venture?

I'm glad I didn't drop out!

Why?

And why is that important?

Because the faster you fill up that bank account, the sooner you can get back to going all-in on your market-tested business model!
Good thinking and good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.