The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[PROGRESS THREAD] Yula's Fastlane Journey

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Yula

Go Small, Then Big or Go Home
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Hey everyone,

After some time I have decided to make an execution/progress thread. I will try my hardest to update this thread at least once every two weeks. I'm also making this thread since I know if I don't keep true to my promise that I'll feel embarassed, which will motivate me to keep on going and prevent that from happening.

As of right now I'm in the end stage of my graduate internship as a mechanical engineer (9 to 5 - 40H per week). I also work as a freelance copywriter/marketeer on the side and make around $2/3K per month which I'm (mostly - still gotta live lol) saving up for my CENTS idea.

I have a couple of recurring weekly goals I want to achieve:

1.) 6x week to the gym (previously 3-5 but not very consistent)

2.) Use the full 40H to work on my internship (getting lazy, so often I end up scrolling through the forum)

3.) Stay on my calorie target and macro goals 3200 cal (not very consistent right now, most of the time underneath the required amount)

4.) When my alarm goes, immediately get out of bed (no more snooze button)

5.) Drink 2.5 - 3L water daily

Probably forgot a couple, but I'll add them later on.

So For my Fastlane Journey...

I have had several CENTS ideas and after my Introduction post which you can find here I've decided to throw a dart and pick one. Thanks @Lyzmin! The idea I chose is a SaaS business (in a hyper niche), I'm not going to dive in to any details for now.

I have almost zero experience in writing code, so for the MVP part I'll try to create one using software like Bubble or Adalo. If any of you have a better alternative let me know!

So for May I plan on starting the creation of my first MVP (I don't know how long this will take as I've never done it before) and a landingpage for opt-ins, for an early beta.

The early sign-ups will be pretty important for this idea, since the whole concept rests on users...

Any tips and tricks in this part is very welcome as well!

I know this journey will be filled with failure and I'm ready to keep on going! I'll also add my 1/5/10 Planasy later on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update last week:

I made this thread on Friday but I had started on Monday already, so I'll write an update about last week.

Starting out, it was still quite difficult to adapt to certain things...

1.) 6x week to the gym - Absolutely smashed this goal and I feel great about it.

2.) Use the full 40H to work on my internship - I work partly from home so I still find it difficult to fully focus on finishing the 8 hours of work. For this week I will try to get all disctractions out of my view to really focus on my internship...

I also got to remind myself that I have a little less than 5 weeks left and than it's finished.

3.) Stay on my calorie target and macro goals 3200 cal - I just tried to eat a lot, but I didn't track my calorie/macro intake. I use MyFitnessPal but it's rather time consuming and annoying to fill in all the details of every meal. (Problem to solve for any of you? ;))

4.) When my alarm goes, immediately get out of bed - Still kept hitting the snooze button, eventhough I've had 8 hours of sleep... Do any of you have tricks for this?

5.) Drink 2.5 - 3L water daily - Some days succeeded but not very consistent.

Fastlane Journey...

- I checked out FlutterFlow as this was recommended and I think it's a better platform than the previous once I talked about.
- I created a plan of action and a braindump for any idea that pops up in my head...
- I wrote an avatar (ideal customer) and went to the drawing board to sketch some simple UI's.

- Watched some tutorials on FlutterFlow and did some tutorials.
- Currently mapping which essential functions needs to be in the MVP.

That was it for last week, this week I will have at least 2 of my weekly goals in the green and no reds.

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
4.) When my alarm goes, immediately get out of bed - Still kept hitting the snooze button, eventhough I've had 8 hours of sleep... Do any of you have tricks for this?

Keep your phone out of your room, recharge is in another room. Buy a normal alarm. Place it on the other side of the room so you have to get out of bed. When you get out of bed and turn off your alarm, go pee directly.

Out of bed accomplished :)!

Hope this helps. It works for me the last 9 years.

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update last week:

1.) 6x week to the gym
- Smashed it once again!

2.) Use the full 40H to work on my internship - I've massively improved my focus while working on my internship, it's still not at the 100% mark but I'm getting there.

4 weeks left and than it's finished.

3.) Stay on my calorie target and macro goals 3200 cal - Still eating as much as I can, but filling out MyFitnessPal still isn't a habit so I tend to forget about it.

4.) When my alarm goes, immediately get out of bed - Thanks @Lyzmin, it worked perfectly!

5.) Drink 2.5 - 3L water daily - Some days succeeded but not very consistent.

Fastlane Journey...

- Mapped the essential function for the MVP.
- Hired someone to design a UI on Figma, so currently waiting until that's finished.
- Networked to get some more connections :)
- Landed a new client for my copywriting biz
- Did market research

That was it for last week, this week I strive to have at least 4 of my weekly goals in the green.

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update week 19:

1.) 6x week to the gym
- Went 4 times this week due to an injury I got this week, so I couldn't train legs unfortunately. Hope it'll heal quickly so currently not putting any stress on it.

2.) Use the full 40H to work on my internship - Finally managed to fully focus on my internship during the work hours. This week I'll have to deliver 90% of my thesis.

3 weeks left and until it's finished.

3.) Stay on my calorie target and macro goals 3200 cal - Still tend to forget about the app and afterwards it's hard to fill in what I've eaten throughout the day.

4.) When my alarm goes, immediately get out of bed - I've been extremely tired this week, so it has been quite hard to fight the urge to not get back in to bed. Failed 2 days.

5.) Drink 2.5 - 3L water daily - Finally been very consistent with my water intake.

Fastlane Journey...

- Still waiting for the Figma design to be finished, it should be done by the 19th so after we receive it we'll immediately start working on a low-code MVP.

- Sketched out different marketing angles.

- Created the name and branding concept, immediatly bought the domainname as well.

- Got messaged on LinkedIn by some website agency that proposed to make a "free" website, but was an affiliate of Bluehost. Waiting to see if they're willing to work throught the host we're comfortable working with.

- Noticed that we could potentially work together with one of my copywriting clients to get customers for the new biz, so currently in the process of seeing what we can do for eachother.

- If the "free" web agency is off the table we'll start making a quick landingpage through Shopify to gather pre-launch leads.

Again, I strive to have at least 4 of my weekly goals in the green.

charlemagne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 28, 2023
Update week 19:

1.) 6x week to the gym
- Went 4 times this week due to an injury I got this week, so I couldn't train legs unfortunately. Hope it'll heal quickly so currently not putting any stress on it.

2.) Use the full 40H to work on my internship - Finally managed to fully focus on my internship during the work hours. This week I'll have to deliver 90% of my thesis.

3 weeks left and until it's finished.

3.) Stay on my calorie target and macro goals 3200 cal - Still tend to forget about the app and afterwards it's hard to fill in what I've eaten throughout the day.

4.) When my alarm goes, immediately get out of bed - I've been extremely tired this week, so it has been quite hard to fight the urge to not get back in to bed. Failed 2 days.

5.) Drink 2.5 - 3L water daily - Finally been very consistent with my water intake.

Fastlane Journey...

- Still waiting for the Figma design to be finished, it should be done by the 19th so after we receive it we'll immediately start working on a low-code MVP.

- Sketched out different marketing angles.

- Created the name and branding concept, immediatly bought the domainname as well.

- Got messaged on LinkedIn by some website agency that proposed to make a "free" website, but was an affiliate of Bluehost. Waiting to see if they're willing to work throught the host we're comfortable working with.

- Noticed that we could potentially work together with one of my copywriting clients to get customers for the new biz, so currently in the process of seeing what we can do for eachother.

- If the "free" web agency is off the table we'll start making a quick landingpage through Shopify to gather pre-launch leads.

Great process Yula. The goals are hard to all follow. I struggle with keeping up with all my goals as my priorities seem to take precedent (usually the easiest/most enjoyable things).

Anyways great work and I am excited for your progress!

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update week 20:

1.) 6x week to the gym
- Deload week, only went twice this week. This week will be 6x again, the injury seems to be fully healed so that's great.

2.) Use the full 40H to work on my internship - Delivered 90% of my thesis today! 2 more weeks until I have to deliver 100% of my thesis and 4 more weeks until my thesis defence.

3.) Stay on my calorie target and macro goals 3200 cal - I gotta find a better way to do this, I'm prioritizing my fastlane goals over my weekly tasks and this one seems to suffer from it. I'm thinking of meal prepping each sunday to make it easier.

4.) When my alarm goes, immediately get out of bed - Charged up again and no longer struggling.

Fastlane Journey...
The "Free" web agency seemed to sketchy, so we decided to make the website ourselves. Added benefit of full control and learned a new skill!

- Figma design has been made! We're really happy with the outcome.

- We're currently creating the landing page to build an email list for the early beta, aiming to finish it this week.

- Starting the MVP build in a low code software.

- Received the logo designs, but we're not so sure which one is the one.

- The content for the MVP is being written.

Probably forgot some things, but the ball is rolling :)

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update week 21:

1.) 6x week to the gym
- Went 5 times this week, but I'm looking to change gyms. The one I'm at is very cheap but the quality of the equipment is going very downhill. Also the whole gym seems more like a mall in the weekend than a place where people work on themselves.

2.) Use the full 40H to work on my internship - Got my feedback yesterday and everything was positive, so I'm excited to almost be done with this part. One and a halve week left!

3.) Stay on my calorie target and macro goals 3200 cal - I finally did it. I made some larger meals for lunch and it helped a lot to reach my macro and calorie goals.

4.) When my alarm goes, immediately get out of bed

- Still very consistent.

Fastlane Journey...
We've achieved a lot last week!

- Landing page has been made with Carrd.

- Created all the socials, but for some unknown reason my Facebook account got deactivated which is one big headache. There's also no way to unlock my account so we'll have to create a new one or use an existing FB, to post the Ads with.

- Busy working on the MVP.

- We finally chose the logo design.

- Working a lot for my copywriting clients to gain more capital.

- Used the marketing angles to create several different Ads, including the creatives. Let's see how they perform.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
For number 3, simply drizzle more olive oil over the food! No need to increase the portion size! I might even know someone who could lend a hand.

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update week 22:

1.) 6x week to the gym
- Went 4 times this week, finishing up the last thing for my thesis, so I spent most of the time working on it.

2.) Use the full 40H to work on my internship

3.) Stay on my calorie target and macro goals 3200 cal
- Still being consistent!

4.) When my alarm goes, immediately get out of bed

Fastlane Journey...

This week was kind of slow. I did meet a couple of new people to expand my network, but this week I've been grinding out the last parts of my thesis. As for week 23 which we're in right now, the same thing applies. Upcoming monday I'll have to deliver my final version!

LordGaga90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 16, 2023
Hello Yula,

Thanks for sharing your journey.
I'm looking for a feedback about Bubble ? What do you think about it ?

I'm a software engineer, i know how to code softwares but I forget how to develop web Apps, so instead of learning again i'm thinking about using no-code solution like bubble of webFlow.

Have a good day

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Hello Yula,

Thanks for sharing your journey.
I'm looking for a feedback about Bubble ? What do you think about it ?

I'm a software engineer, i know how to code softwares but I forget how to develop web Apps, so instead of learning again i'm thinking about using no-code solution like bubble of webFlow.

Have a good day
I personally haven't used Bubble much, I quickly changed to FlutterFlow.

I use FlutterFlow because it gives you the possibility to download the Flutter code. So once the product proves itself it's easier to get off the platform when you can simply download the code, rather than having to rewrite the whole code.

Everyone has their own preferances ofcourse, so take a look around and see what works for you!

Hope this helps :)

LordGaga90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 16, 2023
I personally haven't used Bubble much, I quickly changed to FlutterFlow.

I use FlutterFlow because it gives you the possibility to download the Flutter code. So once the product proves itself it's easier to get off the platform when you can simply download the code, rather than having to rewrite the whole code.

Everyone has their own preferances ofcourse, so take a look around and see what works for you!

Hope this helps :)
Hi Yula,

I did my research, and choosing Bubble would make me dependent on the platform, which is why I chose to code it myself or hire someone to do it.

Thank you for your response

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update week 24:

I've just received my "GO" for my thesis, which means I've officially been invited to do my thesis defence!

1.) 6x week to the gym
- Went 3 times this week. I tried to go more but we had a heatwave this week and the temperature inside the gym was insanely high. Felt like passing out the entire time.

2.) Stay on my calorie target and macro goals 3200 cal
- This week has been very difficult, due to the heat my appetite was mostly gone.

3.) When my alarm goes, immediately get out of bed

4.) Drink 2.5 - 3L water daily

Fastlane Journey...

I reached out to someone I came across on YouTube and added him on LinkedIn. Afterwards I asked him bluntly if he wanted to be an accountability partner. He eventually sent me a message back and was eager to become accountability partners, so last Friday and Saturday we met online. It clicked right away and we have the same mindset and interests. Now we have agreed to check in every Saturday at 11 a.m!

In week 24 I took 1 week off, also from my copywriting business because I needed it. Now fully charged and ready to grind out those hours again.

I'm currently still working on the MVP in FlutterFlow and want to finish 3 pages this week.

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Quick update!

I have graduated! :)))))

Finished my thesis defense today with a 7.5 out of 10, so I'm extremely satisfied. I'm officially a mechanical engineer right now! A lot of stress has been released off my shoulders, and I can't wait for the progression I will make with my full undivided attention!

New weekly task:
- Meal prep each Tuesday morning

Fastlane Journey...

Finished the 3 pages like I said last week and am planning to finish 3 more pages this week. Finishing up the last dots for the website and aiming to launch the first pre-launch ads this or next week.

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update week 27:
All my daily tasks seem to be constant wins right now. Once I fail some I´ll update to restart the progress, or whenever a new task needs to be started.

Fastlane Journey...

A lot has been done in the past few weeks since graduating.

- Pretty much done with the whole app, in the next few weeks, I'll be focussing on implementing Firebase so I can make it ready for the first deployment on the app store!

- I got everything set up for the pre-launch ads, however, for some unknown reason, my FB pixel doesn't work. I checked the code like 5 times but there isn't much that could go wrong with copy and pasting? I'd hope to fix this in the upcoming week.

- Trying to focus on growing my LinkedIn account, but I still find it difficult to stay consistent.

- Rebranded my copywriting business to fit the new niche, it's pretty much finished and I'm looking to land the right case study.

- Also landed some new clients for the copy business, so it's getting a lot busier right now.

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Nice going @Yula! Enjoy you vacation. Looks really good in the other thread :)

I got everything set up for the pre-launch ads, however, for some unknown reason, my FB pixel doesn't work. I checked the code like 5 times but there isn't much that could go wrong with copy and pasting? I'd hope to fix this in the upcoming week.

@JDx can maybe help?

Trying to focus on growing my LinkedIn account, but I still find it difficult to stay consistent.

You want to look up Pieter Res on LinkedIn. He has good tips & tricks (also with consistency).

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update week 28 of the Fastlane Journey...
This week has been filled with progression, I went a week to Austria and this new environment really boosted my overall focus.

- Pages of the app are fully finished, I'm currently building the backend in Firebase. A little later than expected but I'm aiming on finishing it towards the end of July.

- Fixed the Pixel and the DNS settings of the website so it's back up and running!

- Launched the first FB ad, but got instantly rejected... Hired someone on Fiverr to take a look at why it was rejected, should be good to go now. We'll see once I repost the ad.

- I've been following @Black_Dragon43 his course for the past few weeks consistently and working all the tips & tricks on to my own agency and LinkedIn.

- Rebranding the copywriting biz is finished, I might be able to land an absolute unit of a case study...

- Upsold one of my clients, so I have even more work on my hands

- Weekly meetings with the accountability buddy are going great and we're motivating each other more and more, and also helping each other out with the projects.

That's it for last week, this week will be a lot of progress as well!

Last edited:

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update week 29 of the Fastlane Journey...
This week has been filled with a lot of progress as well, finally got the ball rolling (with some difficulties)!

- Played around in Firebase, but it's a little more difficult than I expected. My accountability partner, who is also creating an app is going to check out where he can help me out.

- The FB ad I posted last week was alright... not good but ok for my first-ever ad. Got some decent clicks but none of them signed up for the private beta list. I analyzed what the problem was and I think it has to do with the ad and the LP as well. It wasn't clear enough in the ad, that you could sign up for the private beta.

- Changed a few things on the landing page so it would be instantly clear what they had to do and wrote some new ads. Instead of just testing one ad, I've created 4 new texts and 2 creatives. I have absolutely zero experience with creatives, but I just use Canva templates.

- Finished the 3rd week of the Agency Ascendancy Program and started to work on my LinkedIn profile.

- Finished a lot of work for my agency clients this week and I have a couple more clients in the pipeline.

- Got in contact with a tech company which is valued at nearly 10-figures, which was the case study I previously talked about.

Let's make that ball roll faster than ever before....

Last edited:

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update week 30 of the Fastlane Journey...
This week has been very chaotic. Family of mine visited from Spain, so this week was filled with late nights, little sleep and still a lot of work.

- The Firebase integration barrier is too high for me at the moment and I simply don't have the time to invest and learn the platform. My accountability partner is kind enough to lend me his hand and fix the integration issue.

- Fixed the opt-in landing page and made some new Facebook ads, turns out I had the wrong Ads goal and it just gave me poor quality clicks. The new one is a lot better, but the leads are quite expensive for just an email list.

At this moment I've gotten 5 email opt-ins for the private beta at a cost of around 8 EUR per person. I still have to find my 80/20 platform and am just starting out with doing some blogposts.

LinkedIn might also do the trick, since it's mainly focussed on entrepreneurs who are in the building/startup phase.

- Didn't get time to finish the 4th week of the AAP, but I managed to get a few training videos in.

- Been consistent with writing valuable LinkedIn posts and am planning on posting 5 days per week to increase authority.

- Currently also in the process of hiring a VA who could do the appointment setting on LinkedIn.

- Speaking with the CMO of the company which I previously mentioned to see in which aspects I can help them excel.

Overall pretty excited about the stuff that's happening right now, but I also got a major realization that the desert of desertion is a real thing.

Next week I'll split the progress in between the two ventures and share the soft launch of the app with you. (if allowed)

Last edited:

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
Dec 5, 2020
Keep going

Why hire a VA instead of doing Linkedin automation?

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
It was great talking with you @Yula you are the man! It was great to see that our backgrounds and trajectories were similar and even better to see you were ahead of me, and gave me some good advice and tips! I love your app, and I cant wait to try the beta.
Looking forward to talking again!

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Keep going

Why hire a VA instead of doing Linkedin automation?
I don't have any experience with LinkedIn automation, and I have yet to find one that's the same price as a VA. Do you know any that are underneath $50 per month? The VA cost me around $7/h and works 2 hours per week.

It was great talking with you @Yula you are the man! It was great to see that our backgrounds and trajectories were similar and even better to see you were ahead of me, and gave me some good advice and tips! I love your app, and I cant wait to try the beta.
Looking forward to talking again!
It was really nice talking to you too @Ian Thompson ! Thank you for the solid and gold advice you gave me on advertising and the app itself! I'll keep you posted :)

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update week 31 of the Fastlane Journey...
Copyneers:
First of all, a quick explanation: This is the copywriting agency I run focused on the Tech Industry. So for last week, I got quite a lot done!

- Scheduled a meeting with a startup to do a case study. Was planning on doing the work for free, but they offered I could do the job on commission so that's even better!

- Still waiting on the green light from the CMO of the company I previously mentioned.

- 2 months ago, I was stuck on $1k MRR. The month afterward it grew to $2k and this month I'll be on track to do $6.5k! Unfortunately, it's still a one-off, but it's finally taking shape.

- Still been very consistent with my LinkedIn posts and I'm posting 5x per week with high-quality posts. Nothing in return yet, but that doesn't stop me.

VenturePals:
Another quick explanation: This is the App we've been working on! I've never mentioned the name before, but here it is. For VP, I got quite a lot done as well last week.

Quick explanation of the app itself, this is the link to the website. Let me know what you think and I'd love to hear some feedback. (I'm not 100% sure if I'm allowed to share this here as part of my progress, let me know and I'll get rid of it)

- My accountability partner connected Firebase with the app, but there were still some issues since it was running on FlutterFlow. I decided to calculate the time it would take for me to fix it myself and ended up hiring someone to finish the last part as that was cheaper.

- If everything goes to plan (including a buffer), we'll be launching the private beta on the 30th of August!

- Stopped the Facebook Ads, as the returns were so poor, and building a list was too expensive with the Ads I was running.

- Tried out Reddit to grow the private beta list and it worked perfectly! Also received 100 EUR free ad spend, so essentially I'm getting free leads right now. After spending 45 EUR, we've gotten 21 new sign-ups!

That's it for last week, this week will be a lot of progress too!

Last edited:

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update week 32 of the Fastlane Journey...
Copyneers:
- Scheduled my very first discovery call through LinkedIn!

- Scheduled a call with the CMO of the company I previously mentioned, so will see what that brings me this Thursday!

- The previously mentioned $6.5k has grown even further and will end up being around $7.5k!

- The LinkedIn game is still going strong and the impressions are growing every week.

- Posted and connected a blog to increase some organic traffic, where I will slowly build the number of blogs over time.

VenturePals:
- The dev I hired is still working on it and it should be finished by the 19th of August!

- The private beta is still to be launched on the 30th of August!

- Posted and connected a blog to increase some organic traffic, where I will slowly build the number of blogs over time.

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update week 33 of the Fastlane Journey...
I've been slacking quite a bit last week... My motivation/dedication dropped rock bottom. I tried to experiment with getting up at 6 and to just start running, to see if it would make me more dedicated. I've concluded that it's more important for me to get my 8 hours of sleep than it is to get up early. With enough sleep I'm a lot more productive.

Copyneers:
- Both calls needed to be rescheduled, so I'll end up doing them at the end of this month.

- I did the meeting with the startup I previously talked about and will get 10% commission of every sale that comes through the funnel. Which will be around 40 EUR per month, per client. Once it's all set-up it should generate some passive income.

VenturePals:
- The dev I hired is still working on it and it and it's a little later than expected. Hope it'll be finished either today or tomorrow.

- The private beta is still to be launched on the 30th of August!

On a side note: I'll be going on a 2-week vacation at the start of September, so I'm finishing up some stuff right now.

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Update for the last couple of weeks of the Fastlane Journey...
Last weekend I got back from holidays which has done me quite well. I've had a full taste of the lifestyle I'm missing out on if I keep slacking. So this week we're back on the grind!

I finished all the needed work up until this week before my vacation started, so I don't have any work backlogs.

Copyneers:
- 3 new clients in the pipeline, the commission-based project has green lights so that starts next week and I finally have the meeting with the large company I previously talked about!

VenturePals:
- I had quite some setbacks with the app, but it's finally in the end stage. I also have some new marketing angles and tricks to build up a beta tester list.

This week is focused on getting everything back on track and expanding my Copyneers team, setting up a system and making sure others can do the work while I focus on new clients.

Yula

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Quick Update:
I've been procrastinating really hard. Getting back on track seems to be more difficult than ever...

My workspace was a mess so I cleaned it up as well in hopes it would stop the chaos in my head, but it didn't do much. My sleeping schedule isn't that great as well, so that might be the main cause.

I'll focus on small steps instead of starting where I left off 3 weeks ago to see if that helps.

If any of you have had this before and know how to get rid of it, let me know!

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
Quick Update:
I've been procrastinating really hard. Getting back on track seems to be more difficult than ever...

My workspace was a mess so I cleaned it up as well in hopes it would stop the chaos in my head, but it didn't do much. My sleeping schedule isn't that great as well, so that might be the main cause.

I'll focus on small steps instead of starting where I left off 3 weeks ago to see if that helps.

If any of you have had this before and know how to get rid of it, let me know!
I'm also interested if someone have the solution to this
May be start small and get the wheel rolling!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.