The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I don't know what do to

Anything related to matters of the mind

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
I don't know what do to really

I feel like I wasted the last 2 years and did nothing besides jumping from one business ideas to another.
I start a new idea hyped up, work a bit on it, a fail. In the end, I didn't learn something out of it.

Is the problem that I don't really commit to it ?
Or what are you thinking ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trait

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jun 22, 2021
Bangladesh
This happens when you are idea-based and not need-based - If you were focused on Needs / Problems it wouldn't be so easy to jump around ideas. Think about it if what you were doing had a strong need, in order for you to switch businesses a bigger need would be required, which doesn't happen that often unless the first idea was really bad.

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
This happens when you are idea-based and not need-based - If you were focused on Needs / Problems it wouldn't be so easy to jump around ideas. Think about it if what you were doing had a strong need, in order for you to switch businesses a bigger need would be required, which doesn't happen that often unless the first idea was really bad.
Yea man absolutely

To be honest, most of my ideas were currently trash because there hand no need behind them.

My biggest problem is that I don't stick to something and get some quick cash with new ideas. (Which never happened lol)
I just need to overcome my bad habit from not sticking to something and just do it.

Trait

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jun 22, 2021
Bangladesh
Maybe learn a skill that you can use to spot and solve problems? It will take time and definitely not quick but it will give you ideas that don't violate the Entry command on start.

technobubble

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 21, 2018
this been happening to me on repeat for a good few years. What helped me - I quit a job, had free time, invested it to my current business and it worked. Still I don't know if it's a business or just a side hustle because it's sales and could be not profitable within a year (supplier problems, items not relevant anymore etc.). If so, with the money I made, I will hop to something more reliable - making a product or a service.
Leaving an idea that doesn't work as you thought it would is okay.
The most logical option seems to just stick to one idea (which after some research you think would work) and execute.

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
Maybe learn a skill that you can use to spot and solve problems? It will take time and definitely not quick but it will give you ideas that don't violate the Entry command on start.
Thanks for the suggestion, that's what I am actually doing right now.

Leaving an idea that doesn't work as you thought it would is okay.
The most logical option seems to just stick to one idea (which after some research you think would work) and execute.
Yeah that absolutely true, but most of the ideas were valid ones, but i can just up with some bs why it wouldn't work. So that I can start the new idea that i found.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
Soo true. And since I started understanding this everything became more empirically, data based than emotional based.

You should always base Your action on to market reaction not viceversa.

Many people on this forum made me understand this.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
I don't know what do to really

I feel like I wasted the last 2 years and did nothing besides jumping from one business ideas to another.
I start a new idea hyped up, work a bit on it, a fail. In the end, I didn't learn something out of it.

Is the problem that I don't really commit to it ?
Or what are you thinking ?

Man , will all the due respect, screw Your past. Think of what You can do right now.

There are people who used to be killers that now are working on humanitarian causes. If they can reedem theirself, you surely can too.

By the way, there are always lessons to learn about Your past, You just need to dig in deeper and charge perspective.

If You want to tell me about Your struggles, I can help You surpass Your mental barriers. Just DM me on this forum.

Cheers

Davide

Ahmfad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Aug 26, 2022
I have same issue with getting ideas, try to find a problem not a solution, you can speak with people around to find out what are their problems and if you can provide them with solution that can be scaled up as business. Best of luck.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
I've been here when I first started. Wanting to do one thing while working on another thing. It took me 4 years to realize it but my cleaning business was the thing that was working well all along for me but I wasn't focusing on it because I wanted to do something online.

Anyway, it's all part of the process. You need to find something that works and focus on it for a few years.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Sounds like you have learned (or are still learning) what everyone needs to learn to be in business... that jumping from one business idea to another isn't the way forward. So give yourself some credit, regroup, and have another go.

May I suggest you try not to use the word "idea" and go help people instead.

Business is simple: Help people, get paid, help more people.

(Replace the word "help" with "entertain" or "serve" or whatever works for you. Just remember it's not about ideas, but about people.)

Have you listened to or watched this?

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
What does 'work a bit on it' mean?

Does that mean you have a product/service ready to offer? You research some ideas on it? Are you just in a never ending loop of 'iterating the product and service' where you think it's never good enough?

Do you ever END UP offering your products in the marketplace? Do you end up advertising them?

Some ideas that @NeoDialectic and I tried and succeeded on went from product idea --> mock product prototype --> website and sales within WEEKS if not days.

What are you spending your time working on --- and why have those ideas/products not been monetized?

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
Sounds like you have learned (or are still learning) what everyone needs to learn to be in business... that jumping from one business idea to another isn't the way forward. So give yourself some credit, regroup, and have another go.

May I suggest you try not to use the word "idea" and go help people instead.

Business is simple: Help people, get paid, help more people.

(Replace the word "help" with "entertain" or "serve" or whatever works for you. Just remember it's not about ideas, but about people.)

Have you listened to or watched this?
Thanks for the suggestion!

When I switch from "idea" to "helping" is makes much simpler.

A business idea can fail, but helping people that need help will work every time.

I will have a look into the video

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
Does that mean you have a product/service ready to offer? You research some ideas on it? Are you just in a never ending loop of 'iterating the product and service' where you think it's never good enough?
"think it's never good enough?" That describes it pretty good.
It's always some bs like "I'm not profitable, I will look for something else"
"I don't know if I want to do that, I will quit"

Most of my products / services reach the market, but i took them closely afterwords down

I think my problem is that I care too much about what I want instead of what the market wants.

Currently, I spend my time practicing SEO.
While I write this, the thought came to my mind
Why don't I try to help local business right now ?
Can I help them rank better ? -> Yes
Is there a reason why I can't help them ? -> No
Can I practice SEO while helping business ? -> Yes

I will probably do that instead of spending too much time practicing.
I have access to a local business owner I could help.

What do you think ?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"think it's never good enough?" That describes it pretty good.
It's always some bs like "I'm not profitable, I will look for something else"
"I don't know if I want to do that, I will quit"

Most of my products / services reach the market, but i took them closely afterwords down

I think my problem is that I care too much about what I want instead of what the market wants.

Currently, I spend my time practicing SEO.
While I write this, the thought came to my mind

What do you think ?
Watch that podcast video I linked to (Who have you helped?)

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
Watch that podcast video I linked to (Who have you helped?)
Yes, I watched it, was a cool podcast.

I will start straight with helping the one business owner that I know (I have already, is okay to do so).
Then why should I bother testing new methods when I already know enough to start ?
There is no better way to learn how to help people than by actually doing it.

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
685%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
I didn't learn something out of it.
To me, this is the most concerning part of your post. Most good ideas require some kind of knowledge or expertise to execute.

So just as an example of some of the things I learned from a tiny sliver of ventures

• Reselling: How to list things on eBay and marketplaces. How to take decent pictures of items. How to make decent descriptions. Negotiating.
  • Affiliate marketing: How to buy domains, set them up, and then how to code HTML. How to do google ads and other platforms.
  • Testing market for first custom made formulation that ended in dead end: How to talk to labs (and made lifelong contact), programming in flash to make a pretty website (yea this was before everyone figured out flash sucked), all the Photoshop to try and make all the content, and so much more
If you were giving anything a fair shake, I just don't know how you don't walk away with new skills. Even if you hire out for the design stuff (these days much easier than before), you make relationships and gain experience with doing that. Anyone paying attention can see how after trying 5 things, you should already have a strong Rolodex of useful skills. So either you were unfairly self criticizing yourself and your experiences, or your idea of trying things out is a glass of wine and a few google searches. If it was the former, then try to tone down on the poor self talk. Starting a successful business is hard. It takes time, energy, experience, luck, grit, competence, and stamina. You failed on a few today, but keep trying and the next idea may just be it.

If it was the latter...Well...I think you should start trying things out instead of just googling...

Last edited:

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
So either you were unfairly self criticizing yourself and your experiences, or your idea of trying things out is a glass of wine and a few google searches.
Yea, it's more like the first one. I learned by each attempt of something new, I can be sometimes pretty harsh to myself.
I will try to work on that.

So thanks to you for your kind words

pappaishere

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 8, 2020
Australia

What do you think ?
I personally think is a great idea, eventually you can learn something even for your next business :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.