The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Can Do This When I want to.........False Promises

Anything related to matters of the mind

RichieG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 27, 2018
I'm going to be so fit and lose weight. I just need to read up on it.
After the weekend i'm working harder at work and want that promotion
I can stop drinking alcohol if I want
I will visit that country next year
Next week I will get more sleep
I could eat healthy but I like to keep it balanced
Kids - I will play with you later
I aim to stop smoking
I won't be working here next year
I'm saving £1000 a month from next month
I will own my own business one day
this is my last McDonalds

or generally

it's on my list of things to do
yep - doing it tomorrow
this time next year
i have always wanted to do that

One of my weaknesses is slipping into a "I can do this whenever I want mindset."

Above are just a few examples of what I have heard people say in the last few months. I'm guilty of this but for the last 8 years I have tried to put specific targets in place to help me hit what I want to.

Putting things off is just a sign of laziness and causes a life drifting mentality. It's also a list of excuses. Or being scared of not being able to do it

Family, Business, Sports, Health.......whatever it is. Have a target and build second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day.

Don't think about doing it tomorrow. Do it Now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This is called the "Somedays".

One of my weaknesses is slipping into a "I can do this whenever I want mindset."

Thinking... event.

Doing, is the process.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
This is called the "Somedays".

Thinking... event.

Doing, is the process.
You know before I came on this forum back in 2014, before I read TMF - I was always determined to becoming an entrepreneur. I always had the "entrepreneurial mindset". At 16, I was selling counterfeit iPhone cases on eBay. Made a ton of money before receiving a trademark infringement LETTER to my home from the brand owners. Anyways, after that I continuously came up with ideas... but never executed. I was always "I want this, I'll do this" - but I never did that. I was too scared. I was always thinking "WHAT IF it doesn't work", "WHAT IF all this is just a lie", "WHAT IF the only way to succeed is to become a doctor".

After reading TMF and learning from some of the great people on this great forum, my mindset took another shift, but this time, it was towards becoming a person that couldn't give two shits if something failed, if I lost money on a business idea. It took me towards becoming determined to lose the fat I had stacked on my body for so long. The difference this time? I DID rather than THINKING. I PERFORMED rather than READING. I ENDURED PAIN rather than SLEEPING.

The result? More muscle, much less fat, 10x boost in confidence, a real business, and just feeling SO MUCH BETTER every single day.

EXECUTE rather than THINKING.

Sorry I got a bit carried away... just wanted to give some wisdom to @RichieG.

Also @RichieG, I'm not trying to promote MJ or his books - in fact, he doesn't need it lmao... I'm just trying to say... go for it man... enough with the action fakes. Read some threads and learn from people. You can clearly differentiate between the winners and losers by reading some posts on here... the mindsets, the way they perform, the way they execute, the way they just don't give a F*ck if something fails... it's beautiful.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Read some threads and learn from people. You can clearly differentiate between the winners and losers by reading some posts on here... the mindsets, the way they perform, the way they execute, the way they just don't give a f*ck if something fails... it's beautiful.
So true! It’s amazing how the words, tone, and questions people use gives away their mindset.

And you’re right... it is beautiful when you see someone in motion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RichieG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 27, 2018
You know before I came on this forum back in 2014, before I read TMF - I was always determined to becoming an entrepreneur. I always had the "entrepreneurial mindset". At 16, I was selling counterfeit iPhone cases on eBay. Made a ton of money before receiving a trademark infringement LETTER to my home from the brand owners. Anyways, after that I continuously came up with ideas... but never executed. I was always "I want this, I'll do this" - but I never did that. I was too scared. I was always thinking "WHAT IF it doesn't work", "WHAT IF all this is just a lie", "WHAT IF the only way to succeed is to become a doctor".

After reading TMF and learning from some of the great people on this great forum, my mindset took another shift, but this time, it was towards becoming a person that couldn't give two sh*ts if something failed, if I lost money on a business idea. It took me towards becoming determined to lose the fat I had stacked on my body for so long. The difference this time? I DID rather than THINKING. I PERFORMED rather than READING. I ENDURED PAIN rather than SLEEPING.

The result? More muscle, much less fat, 10x boost in confidence, a real business, and just feeling SO MUCH BETTER every single day.

EXECUTE rather than THINKING.

Sorry I got a bit carried away... just wanted to give some wisdom to @RichieG.

Also @RichieG, I'm not trying to promote MJ or his books - in fact, he doesn't need it lmao... I'm just trying to say... go for it man... enough with the action fakes. Read some threads and learn from people. You can clearly differentiate between the winners and losers by reading some posts on here... the mindsets, the way they perform, the way they execute, the way they just don't give a f*ck if something fails... it's beautiful.

Hi @MoneyDoc Thanks for the words of wisdom but I think you may have misread my post a little. Or I didn't explain myself as well as you ( I think our points are similar ) Even though back in the day this"i can do it anytime I want " (dreaming mentality) was a weakness of mine it is something I have corrected and did mention in my post ( by setting targets ). I still today monitor what i say and how i phrase things to make sure I am not applying a do it later mentality.

I was posting to help people. Over the past few months I have heard and seen so many delaying doing something and not just doing it. They are excuses.

Get a list of what you want to do, priorotise and hit those targets. Don't delay so you can have that tub of ice cream or watch the Big Match.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.