What's new

Where do I begin when trying to write good copy? I could use some advice

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

JrMover

New Contributor
- Member -
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
May 19, 2025
Messages
67
Location
Rhode Island
Rep Bank
$535
User Power: 148%
Okay...I'm trying to think of how to reverse engineer my customer experience from when they first receive anything from me.
When I went to the 12 places and introduced myself and handed out business cards, I feel like it was nice to meet them but it wasn't compelling at all. There's gotta be a better way.

So what i was thinking is putting together a flyer and/or brochure. Flyers i could hand out when i go to businesses in person as an aide to my pitch and gives them something to hold onto other than a business card. The brochure i would like to give to places such as material sites (Quarries, concrete, asphalt plants, repair shops, etc) so that i can make a small "stand" that sits on the checkout counter. It would have a nicely positioned brochure and business cards in a plastic stand to get their attention. Ideally, I would be able to affiliate or partner with these locations so that way they are incentivized to hand out the marketing material when they hand out the scale tickets.

This is what I was writing into Gemini on how I can try and position this using AIDA and maybe Hormozi's frameworks for copy.
I genuinely haven't done this before and I feel like I could really use some advice on the direction to get started. I read in another thread someone said I could use Astra? Not sure where to begin, or what to prompt so I could really use some help!
_______________________________________________________

I have a slight conflict in my customer targeting.
I run a mobile fleet washing service.

My customer profile is at large two types of people:
A Owner/Operator or a Company Driver. These are the first two people that will see my service offering before anybody else. If they aren't the decision maker (like an Owner/Operator or fleet manager) than they are a company driver in most cases.
The fleet manager or whoever is the decision maker for the company driver - is typically not out in the field to receive the flyer/brochure unless I reach out in-office, in-person or they see my ad.

So, this slightly complicates the positioning for my marketing. I do not want it to be obviously different or biased because they both have equal access to the brochures. They will be getting them from the same place. For example:

Owner/Operator: Named Mike, 52yo, Owns two trucks and works 6am-3pm Mon-Fri.
Company Driver: Named Steven, 32yo, works 6am-5:30pm Mon-Fri and 7am-12pm Sat.

However, both ideal customers will be at the same place that they receive my marketing material. They both wait in their tri-axle dump trucks outside the quarry gates ready for them to open. Upon entering and scaling in they get loaded, return to the scale house to scale out and upon being handed the ticket they also get handed my flyer/brochure.

The problems that these two customers face however, are different to an extent. Both of the drivers also feel a universal pain - they are just felt differently. For example:

Steve the Company Driver has two young girls and is exhausted after a 60 hour week and on the weekends is really not looking forward to the half day of work on Saturday to wash his truck. He also doesn't have the ability to make the decision to pay someone else to wash the truck...it's not his. But in order to keep his work ethics and values, he goes in to hand wash his truck anyways because it is something that needs to be done and he takes pride in how his truck looks.

Mike the Owner/Operator also has a family and grandkids. However, he's stuck running loads because he hasn't been able to hire reliable help. On top of this, he is also the one taking in all the phone calls, emails, billing, etc. Mike tries his best not to miss his grandkids sports practices at 4pm. Again, instead of spending his extra time to actually work on things in the business or spend more valuable time with his family - he's still got to wash his truck after a busy week. There is another problem that the Owner/Operator or fleet manager experience when trying to make sure that their vehicles stay clean and presentable on a regular basis:

The added headache, of ordering, storing, measuring and proper use of chemicals. The initial costs of the cleaning equipment, the maintenance of the equipment as well. So all of a sudden, unless you want to feel like you don't take pride in yourself and your equipment - you front the excessive costs to keep your equipment clean.

This is were SKFW (my company) can solve these problems. I will give you a breakdown of what I offer as a company. Keep in mind that I offer services in Rhode Island and Eastern CT.

In the above scenario, the customers receive my brochure; I suppose this could be called my lead magnet, while at work. So more than likely, they either contact via phone/text or enter information thru a landing page tied to this specific flyer/brochure.

My core offering is a set of packages that the customer gets to choose what works best for them and it gives me the flexibility to adapt and adjust the service structure that gives them the best results and the highest profits for me.
I offer 3 Exterior Wash Packages and 2 Interior Cleaning packages. These are essentially tiered service levels. I incentivize upfront payments and higher average order value by bundling exterior and interior services and offering large discounts to do so. There is also scalable discounts based on payment terms (Quarterly, Bi-Annual, Annual) and Volume (>25 units, >50 units, etc)

Exterior Packages:
Basic Wash Package
2-Step Wash Package
Premium Wash Package
Interior Packages:
Basic Interior Clean
Deep Interior Clean

Additional services:
Winter Protection Package (Salt Remover/Rust Inhibitor) used once salt hits the road and after snow storms. Comes free with any signed service agreement (cost me very little + high value)
Annual Undercoating application (better protection against salt and corrosion) charge $ for this higher asset protection

Risk-Free:
1-Month Trial period No-Strings Attached
Free Demo Wash
Missed washes are rolled over throughout the contract and if leftover upon renewal act as a credit to the renewed service agreement.
Emergency Wash x 4/year (1 unit blows a turbo and coats the truck in oil right after a scheduled service)

With this, I can effectively solve all of my ICP's problems. I can adjust service tiers, frequency and payment terms to best fit their needs and perform the work during their down times.

Even though there are many different customer profiles (tow truck drivers, home builders, home service businesses, refuse companies, material handling, freight transportation, local delivery, food delivery/catering, etc.) they all typically fall into one of the two ICPs. They are either a decision maker or a company driver in most cases.

Ideally I would like to position my marketing material to be able to target the decision maker but also make the company driver feel the NEED to get this in the hands of the decision maker. The pain is felt on both sides of the table so we also need to respect both sides of the ICP.
_____________________________________________


If I left out any important information, or you have any question that might need to be asked, please do. I have no idea what I'm doing lmao.
I'm not trying to overcomplicate it because it essentially comes down to "hey, you have a dirty truck or a bunch of them and you would like them clean - i can do that for you..."
 
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

egvis huoph cedl epf gusvj xovj djevhqv gus e xjomi O deni uav xovj vjot. ovt ges gsun qisgidv epf gus xjeviwis sietup O depv hiv ov vu gusnev tuni esiet podimz. O haitt o duamf sineli ov op qjuvutjuq us tunivjoph epf katv vsz vu sineli gsun tdsevdj vji citv O dep. O'n puv tasi xjev uvjis uqvoupt nez ci ecmi vu goy ov xovjuav katv vszoph vu fu ov nztimg pux vjev O jewi e hipisem ofie vu nuwi vuxesft.
O qsopvif ov epf gumfif ov aq vu tii jux ov deni uav epf ov xuslt qsivvz ximm O haitt..og zua jewi epz dsovodotn us ofiet O'n uqip vu jies vjin.
 

Attachments

Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom