The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I believe I've found a fastlane idea, but it's sort of ridiculous...

Idea threads
G

Guest931Xfjyx

Not only is the idea I have ridiculous, it's also an idea which my mother and my extremely religious grandmother would be upset about knowing I tried to start a business with.

But considering I don't see a product like it on the market, that the product solves a genuine problem/inconvenience/pain/annoyance that no other product currently solves, and that I could definitely abide by the commandments of CENTS when creating this product -- I'm pretty sure it could be fastlane.

The only problems I have are that: the idea I have is for a product in the sex industry (and all of my family and my girlfriend would find that weird), and I cannot guarantee that this venture will work out.

I also might have trouble prototyping when trying to make sure the product works properly as I haven't thrown any money at it yet and I might just not be able to solve the problem that I would develop the product to solve.

I'm still looking for other business ideas (as I'd be more willing to pursue them) but this sex-related product business idea is my best idea to date and my mind just can't seem to shake it -- advice?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
G

Guest931Xfjyx

You might get some mileage out of this thread:

Any sex-toy developers? A long-shot I'm sure...

Will peruse through that.

Thank you.

Tinder Co-Founder Swipes Right on Hollywood Hills Home

My guess would be his mother still visits him in his $26.5 million dollar house.

Alternatively, you could constantly seek the approval of everybody and likely never accomplish anything. Your choice.

You're absolutely right.

I ultimately do not need anyone's say so to begin pursuing this idea. It doesn't matter what anyone else says about it, but despite that, I'm still here asking for confirmation to ensure that it's okay.

I am thoroughly amped-up about this idea and find it surprising that nobody has came up with this particular product idea yet.

I do think if I can solve the problem this product is meant to solve I genuinely might have a great product on my hands -- I'll just need to patent it or the like to ensure some large corporation doesn't mass produce and advertise it in quantities and exposure that I cannot.

liviero

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 26, 2023
Canada
FIrst, I think you should make sure not to be ashamed of the way you make your money.

When people are going to ask you how you made your money, you are going to want to be proud of the answer.
Proud of the people you've helped.

If you think your family would find it weird, it's probably a giveaway that you think you are not going to be so proud, even if it works.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jan 18, 2022
I don't understand how this is "ridiculous."

Your friends, family, and girlfriend won't think it's "ridiculous/weird" when they're asking you to finance their lives, so you do you.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
FIrst, I think you should make sure not to be ashamed of the way you make your money.

When people are going to ask you how you made your money, you are going to want to be proud of the answer.
Proud of the people you've helped.

If you think your family would find it weird, it's probably a giveaway that you think you are not going to be so proud, even if it works.
Where is the shame if you have a product that people can use? Oh... I get it. Those corrupt religions might not approve.

Many people use sex toys. What is wrong with that?

If it hurts people or takes advantage of the innocent, that is another story. But, if it is a tool that enhances pleasure for consenting adults, I don't see the issue.

Morality police?

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
You shouldn't be ashamed of the business you are doing, even if it is in the sex industry, as long as it is legal.

liviero

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 26, 2023
Canada
Let me correct my error...

I think the word ''ashamed'' is not the correct word for what I was trying to say in my previous post.
Of course, nobody is going to be ashamed of the way they got rich.

However, when looking for a business idea, I want to at least be proud of it.

Personnaly, I think making a product in this industry would not make me especially proud of what I would have accomplished.
If that is not your case, go for it!

Just wanted to mention this for JLE or any other who wants to get in that industry to take into consideration.

...would have been relevant if this thread wasn't 4 years old!

Oh crap... look at the date on this post. I'm way behind...
I actually didn't realize it before you pointed it out lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.