The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

HVAC Business Ideaa

Idea threads

Michaelgricar

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 24, 2024
Hi all,
I'm looking for a bit of feedback. I've been the HVAC industry for 10 years. Have been involved in everything from residential to heavy commercial, management, and operations. I'm getting I'm HVAC contractors license in the state of Florida. After reading MJs books I fear starting an HVAC company may become a never ending job vs something I can eventually step away from. It's difficult to find skilled workers and I know I only want to do the labor myself for so long. I'm considering starting the business while I still have my flexible day job but I'm not sure it will be manageable with the demanding needs of the HVAC industry.

Thoughts? Do you think this is something worth pursuing?

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Michaelgricar

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 24, 2024
Why not make HVAC software? You have industry expertise and would know what is valued/worth paying for.
This is something I've been considering as well although im a bit late to the party.... seems software solutions have been created for just about everything these days.

humthesongg

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 15, 2024
Hi all,
I'm looking for a bit of feedback. I've been the HVAC industry for 10 years. Have been involved in everything from residential to heavy commercial, management, and operations. I'm getting I'm HVAC contractors license in the state of Florida. After reading MJs books I fear starting an HVAC company may become a never ending job vs something I can eventually step away from. It's difficult to find skilled workers and I know I only want to do the labor myself for so long. I'm considering starting the business while I still have my flexible day job but I'm not sure it will be manageable with the demanding needs of the HVAC industry.

Thoughts? Do you think this is something worth pursuing?

Thank you
It is worth pursuing if there is a need for it in your area. Is the marketplace oversaturated with HVAC companies? Or is there demand for more HVAC providers. If there is a need for it then I see why not, unless you find better opportunity elsewhere. I also like @SEBASTlAN idea of an HVAC software. But again figure out if there is a need for either of these things and then execute.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
I was a consulting engineer involved in HVAC design for many years, working closely with HVAC contractor. At best, contracting and consulting are a very good living with a toe in the fast lane, but you’re still mostly selling time for money. Not sure what your financial prerogatives or your day job are, but I’d shy away from the idea of growing a contracting firm (not sure how your current employer would stand for that, anyway). Instead, look for a way to leverage your skill towards a fastlane future. Partner with a property owner to provide maintenance services for a piece of the action. Develop software or sell tools on ecommerce. Find a seam in the HVAC world and exploit it.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Just start.

What's the worst that could happen? It's fails and you go back to working for someone else just like you do now? Or you have moderate success but still trade your time for money? Those are lateral moves.

What's the best that could happen? You end up with one or more locations you own with people running the business for you and you're completely hands off.

Unless you have another idea to pursue, I don't see the downside of starting out on your own.

I assume you've already checked your employment contract for a non-compete clause...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.