The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to write an About Us page

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's not about you, it's about what you can do for them.

People reading your About page do not want to learn about you, but find out how you can help them.

Try to mention "you" more often than "I", "we", or "our". (Don't take this too literally, it's just a way to think about them instead of you.)

Remember: It's not About YOU.

Anyone have any more tips?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InformationH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jun 20, 2016
I'm writing an about page at this very moment. Agree 100% on focusing on the consumer. I just looked at Googles about page and the first thing to catch your eye is " #1: Focus on the user and all else will follow."

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
It's not about you, it's about what you can do for them.

People reading your About page do not want to learn about you, but find out how you can help them.

Try to mention "you" more often than "I", "we", or "our". (Don't take this too literally, it's just a way to think about them instead of you.)

Remember: It's not About YOU.

Anyone have any more tips?

Simple and concise, excellent advice!

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
I have been actually creating about page lately for myself. Very good tips!

I think one good example for well written about page is here: http://conversionxl.com/about/
It is constantly talking about 'you' in a subtle way or how they add value without being too robotic. Also if you can pinch a little bit of humor, entertainment or interesting facts into mix, it becomes pretty good.

Grace Cameron

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 12, 2016
As a content writer, I will agree that the about page should not only focus on the company but more about what the company can do for the prospective customer. However, for bloggers or other professionals (like coaches, authors, etc.) the reader wants to know more about the individual, their credibility, and authority.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.