The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to start your fastlane journey if you are disconnected to the idea of it?

Idea threads

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
Hey guys, great to be here, I will keep this concise.

I was introduced to personal development just over 5 years ago.

I found MJ's (TMF ) book and it is hands down the best I have ever read.

I am at a point now where my desire to become rich is still strong, but my desire to execute and do what it takes is practically non-existent.

I am motivated when I hear concepts such as time valuation or passive income etc, but it's staying on track with it and staying interested in it that appears to be my problem.

If anyone has been here or can offer some insight or even a fix that would be truly helpful to me.

Peace

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Startup Steve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2018
Hey guys, great to be here, I will keep this concise.

I was introduced to personal development just over 5 years ago.

I found MJ's (TMF ) book and it is hands down the best I have ever read.

I am at a point now where my desire to become rich is still strong, but my desire to execute and do what it takes is practically non-existent.

I am motivated when I hear concepts such as time valuation or passive income etc, but it's staying on track with it and staying interested in it that appears to be my problem.

If anyone has been here or can offer some insight or even a fix that would be truly helpful to me.

Peace

I grew up poor, very poor. Became independently wealthy at an early age and did not have the level of well-being I had thought money would bring. Then I learn what self-actualization was. My life was changed! That being said.

You want to set up an accountability process. Best to start with using an online kanban board. There are many out there. Set up a board for every part of your life than fill it with action items. Also, best to have an accountability partner that you can share your boards with and review on a weekly basis.

Last edited:

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
Thank you for your reply, checking out Maslow now.

I will say that I have a whiteboard in my living room filled with 'stuff' I need to do and days go past and I still haven't done what is required.

Saying that some days I will blitz out the whole to-do list.

I don't know if an accountability partner would help in the sense of me not being accountable enough for them to be able to do their job effectively; like me not showing up with the data or to an appointment.

Again, thank you!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I grew up poor, very poor. Became independently wealthy at an early age and did not have the level of well-being I had thought money would bring. Then I learn what self-actualization was. My life was changed! That being said.

You want to set up an accountability process. Best to start with using [link removed again by a mod]. to set up a board for every part of your life than fill it with action items. Also, best to have an accountability partner that you can share your boards with and review on a weekly basis.

Steve, you got multiple accounts on here and have posted a lot of links to one particular product - not a good sign.

Which account do you want to keep?

And stop posting links to that software please.

superb

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Sep 8, 2013
Who doesn't want to become rich?

Your problem is you don't want it bad enough. You have not had a "F--k this event" (read Unscripted) where you can no longer continue as you have been.

Very few put the work in because while their situation may be uncomfortable, it seems more comfortable than putting in the work to change it.

You have to find your "Why". Dig deeper, past the superficial reasons as to why you want what you want. You might find that you really want something different altogether, or you may find the motivation to put in the effort required to obtain your goals.

Startup Steve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2018
Steve, you got multiple accounts on here and have posted a lot of links to one particular product - not a good sign.

Which account do you want to keep?

And stop posting links to that software please.

The second account was generated by tap talk app. Determining how to delete.

Posting a link to a particular software was done in response to the OP. In these cases the OP needed a task management tool. I highly recommended KanBan boards. There are many out there. I posted one. I did not provide an affiliate link. I have no other monetization relationship with the tool.

Hope this addresses your concerns. If not DM me.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
The second account was generated by tap talk app. Determining how to delete.

Posting a link to a particular software was done in response to the OP. In these cases the OP needed a task management tool. I highly recommended KanBan boards. There are many out there. I posted one. I did not provide an affiliate link. I have no other monetization relationship with the tool.

Hope this addresses your concerns. If not DM me.

You posted one but several times.

Second account deleted.

Thanks Steve.

fastlaner_1992

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 8, 2018
While it may have sounded helpful to you. A lot of what you wrote was assumptive.

I have recently caught the wind back in my sails and I am moving towards my goals step by step.

Thank you for your message though, just learn to tone down the assumptions in your discourse.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Everybody wants to be the noun without doing the verb

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sounds like you haven't experienced an FTE, haven't experienced a tough job and a bad commute ... until then, a purpose is lacking. Without purpose (and an FTE that generates or crystallizes it) people generally wander and are easily sidetracked with short-term distractions. Has anything changed since you first posted this?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.