The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to profit from fitness feats, or world records?

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
@Shono great to see the progress of this thread.

Ever since then I have grown to an average of 200 pushups a day. 100 in morning before work, but after reading and 100 in the evening.

Today I did 200 pushups and 200 squats. 100 each in the morning and 100 each in the evening.

I do them on sets. I don't do all at once.

Afterwards the day's work rolls away because the energy is explosive.

But people are complaining that I have lost wait.
Man, I am so pumped to hear that!!! You just made my day man. Pushups may seem like a pretty basic exercise, but they should never be underestimated. The best chest pump I’ve ever gotten is doing as many pushups as I could in 1 minute intervals, leagues better than barbell/db bench. It can go a long long way.

I also feel exercise energizes me, for example, I used to instinctively nap mid day if I was tired, but I learned that if I busted out some pushups or curls etc for 10-20 minutes I’d be energized again, whereas a nap barely refreshed me.

But yeah, if you are losing weight, it could be because your body is going through a re-composition of fat into muscle, making you look leaner, but make sure to keep a healthy bodyweight.

Good job Isaac!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Inspired by @Shono today I restarted my own push up challenge.

Premise is simple, breath exercises (Wim Hoff), exhale and then do as many as you can.

Day 1: 30 pushups on empty lungs.

Goal: get to 60+ before breathing in.

Let’s see how long that takes me.

Edit: typo fix

Last edited:

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
Inspired by @Shono today I restarted my own push up challenge.

Premise is simple, breath exercises (Wim Hoff), exhaustion and then do as many as you can.

Day 1: 30 pushups on empty lungs.

Goal: get to 60+ before breathing in.

Let’s see how long that takes me.
Fascinating! Sounds like a tough challenge. Essentially you are loading up oxygen then doing as many pushups you can without taking in a breath? That is hardcore :rofl:.

I need to get back on the wim hof and cold showers. Thanks for the reminder and inspiration as well! I will try your pushup challenge too, as it sounds like an interesting combination of exercises.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Fascinating! Sounds like a tough challenge. Essentially you are loading up oxygen then doing as many pushups you can without taking in a breath? That is hardcore :rofl:.

I need to get back on the wim hof and cold showers. Thanks for the reminder and inspiration as well! I will try your pushup challenge too, as it sounds like an interesting combination of exercises.

Yes, exhale and do as many as you can before needing to inhale. Curious as to your results, as you seem to have super human ability haha.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
Yes, exhale and do as many as you can before needing to inhale. Curious as to your results, as you seem to have super human ability haha.
I’m going to re-learn how to do the wim hof method tonight, as it’s been a few years, and i’ll try it out and report back. I feel like this exercise will be a surreal experience, like I will see stars and black out :rofl:. All in good fun.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Day 1: 30
Day 2: 38
Day 3: 40

It feels exponentially harder to add just a few more pushups after a point.

I’m fully aware that in this thread and compared to what @Shono does on YT … I’m literally embarrassing myself by posting my results. In case anyone was wondering if I’m aware :rofl:

The purpose is to show incremental improvements. I’ll report again when I hit 60!

For all those still waiting on the sidelines, do as Nike says:

IMG_9912.jpeg

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
I’m fully aware that in this thread and compared to what @Shono does on YT … I’m literally embarrassing myself by posting my results. In case anyone was wondering if I’m aware :rofl:
Nonsense. You are doing incredible things.

I am still yet to try this by the way. I will try it today and report back. “Yesterday you said tomorrow” is right.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Let me begin now. With the Wim Hoff breath thing.
I did it. I don't know whether I did it well but I did it. Will do it again tomorrow morning.

Before I go off on a marathon of breathing exercise somebody tell me what human limits are there that I must be wary of.

Also did 20 pushups using the technique of @Antifragile above.

AF let's roll to 50. I don't know how to but. I love the challenge.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Before I go off on a marathon of breathing exercise somebody tell me what human limits are there that I must be wary of.
Never perform breathing exercises while submerged in water. Plenty of people have died this tragic way.

This happens because when doing Wim Hof breathing, you are depriving your brain of oxygen, but you are not aware of it because you are hyperventilating. As a consequence of this, light can go out at any time without notice.

Case in point:

When doing Wim Hof breathing, I fell off my F*cking chair and smashed my head on the hard floor (lol).
I was very lucky because I managed to put my hands up before I lost consciousness, which partially shielded me from the impact.

So sit on your bed or sofa, don't have hard objects nearby, and never force your body to do more than it can. Just like business, this is supposed to be a gradual training process.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Never perform breathing exercises while submerged in water. Plenty of people have died this tragic way.

This happens because when doing Wim Hof breathing, you are depriving your brain of oxygen, but you are not aware of it because you are hyperventilating. As a consequence of this, light can go out at any time without notice.

Case in point:

When doing Wim Hof breathing, I fell off my F*cking chair and smashed my head on the hard floor (lol).
I was very lucky because I managed to put my hands up before I lost consciousness, which partially shielded me from the impact.

So sit on your bed or sofa, don't have hard objects nearby, and never force your body to do more than it can. Just like business, this is supposed to be a gradual training process.

Serious question: my take on WH method was not to “push it”, ever. Just let it all be, as naturally as possible.

When you breathe in, it takes effort.
When you breathe out, you just let the lungs deflate, no effort, no pushing air out.

Under these conditions, I’ve never lost consciousness (but have always been on the floor next to a wall, just in case).

And even breath hold, never push it. Hold but don’t push it. The time for a hold becomes naturally longer and longer, with no extra effort.

Is this your take too?

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Serious question: my take on WH method was not to “push it”, ever. Just let it all be, as naturally as possible.

When you breathe in, it takes effort.
When you breathe out, you just let the lungs deflate, no effort, no pushing air out.

Under these conditions, I’ve never lost consciousness (but have always been on the floor next to a wall, just in case).

And even breath hold, never push it. Hold but don’t push it. The time for a hold becomes naturally longer and longer, with no extra effort.

Is this your take too?
I've been able to hold up to 4 minutes with consistent Wim Hof. My take is as follows:

— You can push it if you're laying down (can't black out/fall over).
— But in all honesty, there comes a point of diminishing returns.
— If you're going to apnea train, do so if you're a freediver or swimmer.
— Don't if you're not; Most if not all other uses for Apnea / WHM can't help in other applications.
— It's *Maybe* useful to force you to pay attention to your breathing in some cases i.e. holding your breath especially on heavy lifts is common and detrimental to performance.

Finally, after 4 minutes w/o oxygen you really start to feel redarded, do not recommend for brain cells.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Is this your take too?
Yes, 100%.
Even Wim Hof himself said that you should never force your body when performing this exercise.

This is true for all other physical training protocols:
  • force sauna, and you die from hyperthermia
  • force ice bath, and you die from a cardiovascular event
  • force powerlifting, and you end up in a wheel chair
  • force Wim Hof breathing, and you end up with brain damage

Any kind of exercise that improves health is a mild stressor which is supposed to cause small damage to the body. The only reason why doing them is healthy, is because of how the body reacts to this stimuli:

The body detects that we have taken damage, it rings the alarm bell, it fires up the immune system and other defense mechanisms, repairs the damage, but it does it in such a manner that it becomes stronger than before the damage occurred - in anticipation for more abuse.

With this knowledge in mind, we can take full advantage of this biological response (hormesis) by pushing ourselves, but not forcing it. What doesn't kill you, in the right dose and at the right frequency, will make you stronger.

1685957917931.png

But there's a catch:

We need to stop when our bodies tell us to stop, not when our mind tells us to stop. The body is significantly more intelligent than the mind, and the mind is usually the weakest link in the system - it's the first component that wants to give up.

Knowing the difference between the stop signals (body vs mind) is a skill itself and can only be learned through a lot of practice and self-awareness.

Be smart and stay safe everyone. Improving health is a long-term business.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
and the mind is usually the weakest link in the system - it's the first component that wants to give up.
100%. It is important to know your limits, and blast them in a safe way.

By the way @Antifragile I tried your wim hof push up exercise and almost passed out after about 20 pushups. Exercising without letting yourself breathe is pure torture :rofl:.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Day 1: 30
Day 2: 38
Day 3: 40

It feels exponentially harder to add just a few more pushups after a point.

The purpose is to show incremental improvements. I’ll report again when I hit 60!

For all those still waiting on the sidelines, do as Nike says:

View attachment 49145

Getting a little closer to the goal, today hit 50. I was stuck on 45 for a few days, so it’s good to break through that mental barrier.

I’m not sure why I keep posting here, there is zero profit in my little fitness challenge:l :rofl: But I was encouraged to try by this thread … so here it is.

Back to the general programming!

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
@Shono how the planking going? Have you ever done the Chinese Plank.

Planking is going Decent. Have been busy the past fee weeks so not as much fitness focus in my routine. I haven’t tried the chinese plank, looks difficult. I’ve done neck bridges in a similar pose, so balancing the weight on my head instead of my shoulderblades :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.