The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to make money as a programmer (how to solve problems as a programmer)

The business of web design

Yortanlı/Türkiye

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
May 13, 2023
yes guys, I've been writing code since I wrote "how can I learn to code" in the forum and I think I've learned 60% (I only know static, but I will learn how to make a dynamic website when I finish the static course).

But I couldn't figure out how to actually make "money" out of it.

I don't want to waste time trying to find customers with cold calls or e-mails, it makes more sense to me to make a few websites for myself and earn money by getting traffic from them.

Can someone who has experienced this work help me out? How can I earn money from this business?

@Fox

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Akeem

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Feb 4, 2016
United Kingdom
I suggest continue learning until you think you've hit 100% (because you're never going to, realistically).

Once you're at that stage, you can then begin seeking clients.

Because if you reach out now, let's say I'm your client and I ask you to do a project, you're going to struggle because you haven't finished learning about it and as a result - I will walk because I would rather pay someone who knows what they're doing and can get the job done.

Learn before you earn, otherwise the chances of failure are multiplied tenfold.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I've thought of 5-10 rock-solid business ideas over the past couple of years that would be good for SAAS apps and those ideas came to me just by interacting with the world around me and seeing problems. Finding a website client is a great way to get started and by all means go that route first. Nothing but yourself is stopping you from thinking bigger though right from the start. Earning money via traffic to websites? Quite boring. Sounds like chasing money to me vs solving real problems.

Yortanlı/Türkiye

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
May 13, 2023
I've thought of 5-10 rock-solid business ideas over the past couple of years that would be good for SAAS apps and those ideas came to me just by interacting with the world around me and seeing problems. Finding a website client is a great way to get started and by all means go that route first. Nothing but yourself is stopping you from thinking bigger though right from the start. Earning money via traffic to websites? Quite boring. Sounds like chasing money to me vs solving real problems.
yes man, you're right, when I read what I wrote, it felt like chasing money. I actually need to "activate" a problem before I "activate" monetization. I can't find the problems and this is making me angry. Everywhere I look there are unique fastlane businesses that solve unique problems. I don't want to reinvent the wheel but every problem seems to be solved. I have to be more creative. what strategy did you use to come up with your own ideas dude (if you don't mind me asking)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
yes man, you're right, when I read what I wrote, it felt like chasing money. I actually need to "activate" a problem before I "activate" monetization. I can't find the problems and this is making me angry. Everywhere I look there are unique fastlane businesses that solve unique problems. I don't want to reinvent the wheel but every problem seems to be solved. I have to be more creative. what strategy did you use to come up with your own ideas dude (if you don't mind me asking)
Had a hobby that I did for years, saw a lot of issues with what I was doing, and built a software company around solving the issues I had.

See one of my threads as it may help you: NOTABLE! - A fundamental question for any entrepreneur: What do I want from my business?

Every problem isn't solved. Not every solution has to be unique. Here's a few thoughts i've had recently:
  • Capturing analytics metrics on desktop software like web-based apps do is difficult and a solution often must be built in-house.
  • There isn't an easy-to-deploy library out there that allows for live chats in desktop software.
  • Analytics dashboards are pricy and have limited integrations
  • Split-testing on wordpress or through the oxygen builder plugin

Just to name a few. I'm not saying these businesses or solutions are easy low hanging fruit, they are very complicated. But very complicated has a high likelyhood of creating a lot of money.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Ouais mec, tu as raison, quand j’ai lu ce que j’ai écrit, j’ai eu l’impression de courir après l’argent. En fait, j’ai besoin d'"activer » un problème avant d'"activer » la monétisation. Je ne trouve pas les problèmes et cela me met en colère. Partout où je regarde, il y a des entreprises fastlane uniques qui résolvent des problèmes uniques. Je ne veux pas réinventer la roue, mais tous les problèmes semblent résolus. Je dois être plus créatif. Quelle stratégie avez-vous utilisée pour trouver vos propres idées mec (si cela ne vous dérange pas que je vous le demande)
By listening to your surroundings. In their discussions with you or others, what they hate helps them avoid that, what they like helps them have that. Or ideas that have already been tested and actually work: that said; companies that are already on the market if you can compete with them by doing better than them then you have found your idea(s). That's all.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.