The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR A PROGRAMMER...

David Borodin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 1, 2021
SITUATION:
I am starting to program a video sharing website.
This video shows me how to program it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ykAepVkG5Y&list=LL&index=2&ab_channel=EasyTutorials

Of course, I wont do exactly the same as this. (I will give some changes)
But the problem is:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION:
By using the method the video shows me,
Can only I post videos in the website
or
Can everybody post videos in the website?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have programmed a video sharing website or something simular to it,
Please let me know.

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Toyotomi

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jun 27, 2021
United Kingdom
SITUATION:
I am starting to program a video sharing website.
This video shows me how to program it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ykAepVkG5Y&list=LL&index=2&ab_channel=EasyTutorials

Of course, I wont do exactly the same as this. (I will give some changes)
But the problem is:

QUESTION:
By using the method the video shows me,
Can only I post videos in the website
or
Can everybody post videos in the website?

If you have programmed a video sharing website or something simular to it,
Please let me know.

Thank you
I am very glad you seem so egger.

Can everybody post videos in the website ?

The short answer is no.

The long answer is, design and front end system is part of the software product.

Normally you would also have a backend system to process videos uploads, search videos, sign users in, recommend videos, e.t.c.

There is also more infrastructure that comes along with such a software, for example email provider, cdn, database, key vault, identity management, continues integration / continues delivery and more.

There is a lot of moving parts for larger systems, at the beginning non of that is required, but a simple front end, backend and database is vital.

To end this, you will need the front end as demoed in the video but is not enough.

There are many free code programs out there I recommend freecodecamp they are amazing.

Keep being this egger it will get you places :D

Last edited:

David Borodin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 1, 2021
I am very glad you seem so egger.

Can everybody post videos in the website ?

The short answer is no.

The long answer is, design and front end system is part of the software product.

Normally you would also have a backend system to process videos uploads, search videos, sign users in, recommend videos, e.t.c.

There is also more infrastructure that comes along with such a software, for example email provider, cdn, database, key vault, identity management, continues integration / continues delivery and more.

There is a lot of moving parts for larger systems, at the beginning non of that is required, but a simple front end, backend and database is vital.

To end this, you will need the front end as demoed in the video but is not enough.

There are many free code programs out there I recommend freecodecamp they are amazing.

Keep being this egger it will get you places :D

Thank you for responding!
I am glad that you took your time writting that comment.
It means a lot.

Anyways,
1. I program the front (The "Homepage" or the visual part)
2. I program one, by one, the "sign users" and "video upload", etc (These systems)
Should I do this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To create these so called "systems",
is Javascrip and PHP required?

BTW, I have been in freecodecamp (I know they are fantastic)

Last edited:

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
It means a lot.

Anyways,
2. I program one, by one, the "sign users" and "video upload", etc (These systems)
Should I do this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

freeCodeCamp is pretty good.

PHP and JavaScript are two different languages. I'd recommend JavaScript, as almost the whole web is built on JavaScript, and it integrates well with HTML and CSS. And yes, if you want something more than just a static website, you'll JavaScript or a programming language to make the front end functional.

Then, you'll need various databases, data transformation, transactions, safety, frameworks etc. the computer processes information so each user has its own identity and most importantly, that data is safe from hackers.

This can be a little difficult to understand when you're a beginner(been there before).

Here's how you can look at it. Think of a car.

HTML --> Creates a sketch of the car
CSS and SaaS --> Styles the curves, the exterior and the interior of the car. Maybe gives it some tiny functionality.
JavaScript/any programming language ---> Makes the car drive. Gives it sound. Engine, transmission, braking, suspension are programming's job(don't take it too literally). That's the front end part.
Then you got SQL, libraries, frameworks, relational databases(if you're going to process transactions), algorithms and so on, these connect with the engine of your car and send the information back to the system.

David Borodin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 1, 2021
freeCodeCamp is pretty good.

PHP and JavaScript are two different languages. I'd recommend JavaScript, as almost the whole web is built on JavaScript, and it integrates well with HTML and CSS. And yes, if you want something more than just a static website, you'll JavaScript or a programming language to make the front end functional.

Then, you'll need various databases, data transformation, transactions, safety, frameworks etc. the computer processes information so each user has its own identity and most importantly, that data is safe from hackers.

This can be a little difficult to understand when you're a beginner(been there before).

Here's how you can look at it. Think of a car.

HTML --> Creates a sketch of the car
CSS and SaaS --> Styles the curves, the exterior and the interior of the car. Maybe gives it some tiny functionality.
JavaScript/any programming language ---> Makes the car drive. Gives it sound. Engine, transmission, braking, suspension are programming's job(don't take it too literally). That's the front end part.
Then you got SQL, libraries, frameworks, relational databases(if you're going to process transactions), algorithms and so on, these connect with the engine of your car and send the information back to the system.
TAKK!
Takk for at du ga meg en bedre forstårelse om dette!

Men jeg må jo også PHP for å lage en database, ikke sant?

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
TAKK!
Takk for at du ga meg en bedre forstårelse om dette!

Men jeg må jo også PHP for å lage en database, ikke sant?
Ikke nødvendigvis, du kan hvis du vil. PHP er for det meste et back end språk, mens JavaScript kan brukes til både front end og back end. Lær fundamentene først med HTML, CSS og JavaScript. Da starter du med å gjøre noen små prosjekter eller spill, da blir du mye mye bedre fordi da vil du forstå hvordan programmering funker og ikke bare det teoretiske. Programmering er 90% problem løsning. Du vet sikkert selv, det er stort forskjell mellom å faktisk forstå noe og implementere det samtidig. For eks. Du kan vite hvordan man spiller fotball men du vet ikke når du skal bruke styrkene dine og da er du en dårlig fotballspiller. Samme greia her.

Toyotomi

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jun 27, 2021
United Kingdom
It means a lot.

Anyways,
Should I do this?

It really depends on how much time you want to spend. I would recommend other third party no code solutions if you are inexperienced, so you can validate your idea. The quicker you can validate it the better.

For code itself, freecodecamp offers front end curriculum and backend curriculum. It gives you all the tools to build what you are looking for, however, that might require a lot of hours to grasp the concepts, which is why I would recommend a no code solution first.

To create end to end system you can actually just utilise Javascript, React front end with a Node js backend, would also save you from learning a different language as well.

However, don't forget the product is what matters, not the languages.

Be Product focused instead of skill focused

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...