The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"How to Make a No. 1 App With $99 and Three Hours of Work"

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
@Elodie Binard sending you an email if that's ok. Having some trouble getting in touch with an author.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
How did peoples experiences go with the info on this thread?

I am considering turning my successful ios app into a template and selling it on a few of these sites. The app originally cost nearly $15k in development and it will take another $1,500 to turn it into a template. I have already made my money back from sales on the store so selling some templates would be a nice extra. Planning on pricing it at around $700.

Last edited:

The Autobahn

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Mar 2, 2013
Switzerland
How did peoples experiences go with the info on this thread?

I am considering turning my successful ios app into a template and selling it on a few of these sites. The app originally cost nearly $15k in development and it will take another $1,500 to turn it into a template. I have already made my money back from sales on the store so selling some templates would be a nice extra. Planning on pricing it at around $700.

I think very few people here are on this Buisness, i would search for developer opinions or Blogs to test the price point and strategy.

Georgy

Stranger in Moscow
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 7, 2016
Canada
I've trained my eyes to see now how old the topic is LOL. Yeah I'm a newb. Just see so many threads keep popping up from years ago and although most of the original authors aren't around, for those who are thinking of using Chupamobile to go fastlane; business model speaks for itself (most you probably already know this, but for the noob considering this option should continue to read on).

After doing considerable amounts of research and weighing my options (even though I know Chupa is NOT a fastlane solution or even a stable money generator) I decided to look the other way.

It's a good site if you want to screw around or actually test the market/understand the process of uploading an app to the app store but overall I hate the idea of turnkey solutions for mobile apps. Plus one of the staff members wasn't as professional as I was hoping for so that was a BIG TURN OFF (MJ mentions in The Fastlane Millionaire book about this. He's 100% correct about customer service being the downfall of many companies).

PLUS, Chupamobile has a section on their website of "already made apps to take upload into the app store". They mention that the app you'll buy from this section is unique, new, and one of a kind! Well the source code isn't. All they did was take the source code of an already used/tested template and just changed colors/added a Miley Cyrus face instead of a "flappy bird" lol. Give me a break man, don't sell people a bullshit dream.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I have gone ahead on this and my developer is nearly finished this template. Total work is $1,500 and I will be selling my template for $900 a pop. I have had a lot of interest from people wanting to buy the code in the past so I see this selling 10 - 30 templates over the next few months .

Since most of these site take 20% anything after 2 sales is $720 profit each time. Ill update this thread with how it goes.

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
Single player games are quite easy to make. (depends of course, but for the quickest made app it is)
Multiplayer games on the other hand are on a way other level.

IMO there have to be more easy and fun to play multi-platform games.

Pay to win multiplayer games could be much bigger on the mobile platforms.

Chas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 6, 2016
The Bluegrass State

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I never updated - I ended up only getting a few sales during the launch so I sold the rights and product to someone for upper five figures. Chupamobile really under delivered on what promised. I wouldn't recommend thier service.

dreamcatcher15

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
Dec 15, 2016
Just came across this thread, very interesting!

So if you buy a template on chupmobile can you modify it to include in app purchases (if it doesn't already)?

Seriously considering trying this..

Last edited:

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I don't really login here anymore. I'm too busy right now with work and working on my new projects. But...

I have received a lot of PMs about my post (over a year ago?) regarding the time that I made $4K doing something like this for businesses.

I'm not responding to PMs about this anymore. However, I feel obligated to respond right now because I don't want to lead anyone down the wrong path.

Yes, I made money reskinning apps for B2B. But no, I don't have advice about how you can do it too. And it was the hardest money that I ever made.

But here's what I did:

I was making money B2B - basically selling apps to restaurants and other small businesses. I charged a min of $4,000 per simple app. Some apps were in the $12k range. I sort of built up a collection of themes and basically just reskinned, while trying to add as much value as possible. The real selling point was a custom push notification system that I created then resold. But everything was just too complex.

Then problem was that the market quickly became saturated with DYI platforms that allowed you to build an app for like $49. At the same time, apps tend to be a bad investment for a business. Business owners don't understand how to use them and customers don't really want to download the app. I also did a lot of things wrong from the business side.

It was literally a nightmare trying to sell this shit. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. I did make money, but I feel like I lost 16 months of my life on a stupid business.

Also, unless you are a dev it's hard to deal with the complexities and constant changes/updates. I have completely moved away from businesses that require a lot of communication with developers. That was hard, and I'm good at it.

As far as B2C reskinning goes. I tried that for fun. Made some money. It didn't really seem like a real business to me. So I got out of that too.

So yea, I'm out of the app game and I'm not looking back.

I'm sure there is plenty of money to be made though. I'm just not full of advice about how to make money in the app store. You can probably find some more experienced people. There are plenty of people who made a lot of money, then started selling courses about how to do it after their app businesses crashed. So just watch who you take advice from.

Sorry that I can't be much of a help. Just wanted to clear things up.

And to be clear, there is nothing special about apps. It just seemed like an interesting thing to sell at the time and I needed money. So I picked up the phone and sold. I sent emails and sold. I went door to door and sold. You can do the same thing with something way less complicated.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
So yea, I'm out of the app game and I'm not looking back.

I know what you mean...

I was in Philly the other day - hopefully it warmed up for you up there!

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I was in Philly the other day - hopefully it warmed up for you up there!

I saw on Facebook. You were pretty close to me. I think you came on the coldest day of the year. It got back up to 30 degrees, so it feels warm now compared to when your flight landed.

Hope you got through the Philly airport okay. It's the worst.

toxicrain

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Oct 20, 2016
AppStore & GooglePlay
Chupamobile is only good for buying other failed ideas. I had nothing but refunds through that website. The codes being sold there are outdated and don't work with most new tools.

If an app is making money, why would anyone want to sell its source code? Think about it.

Blucloudsolutions dude and that chocolate lab chick are full of crap too, they only push their content to sell you their shitty source codes or build box subscriptions. Get over yourselves.

Flappy bird guy may have created the game in a day, but he worked over 10 years in a slowlane game dev company. AND he released another game a year after flappy bird, WHICH TOTALY TANKED. the game was called Copters, so no, viral success doesn't guarantee sustained success.

rant over

Twopro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 28, 2014
Texas
I use chupamobile and doing great so far. You just have to find a good game source, have a vision for it and make some changes that improve the game or add content. Also requires keyword research and planning (ASO). Haven't used chupamobiles reskin and launch service though, from looking at their ready to go games, the quality looks really low. I put together a description and some images/examples I find on google and let my graphics guy create them for me. Found him on upwork but now we cut them off and work through skype.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.