The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

roof and gutter cleaning - pricing

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

HYPOMANIC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Dec 14, 2023
Germany near Frankfurt
Hey

just finished this job

what would you charge in the US for it?

it was 1h only with broom

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• previous.png
    previous.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
  • after2.png
    after2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • gutter previous.png
    gutter previous.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • gutter after.png
    gutter after.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 12

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hey

just finished this job

In germany I'd take 50€, splitting it into 25€ general travel fee and 25 € for the Job.

In the US you can probably get $100 or more because the dollar is literally worthless and everything costs twice as much as in the EU.

HYPOMANIC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Dec 14, 2023
Germany near Frankfurt
Around 150 USD
that would be better for me than just 50 haha
but seriously I don't get why it could be factor 3 even though 1 Euro is worth 1,1USD.
Ok the living expenses are higher in the US than in Germany but not 200percent.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
Join some Facebook groups and get chatting to guys in those groups.

You can join:
Gutter Cleaning Pros
Pressure washing friends

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
that would be better for me than just 50 haha
but seriously I don't get why it could be factor 3 even though 1 Euro is worth 1,1USD.
Ok the living expenses are higher in the US than in Germany but not 200percent.
Because you have a limiting belief that makes yourself charge less than you should be charging. 150 Euros is not unreasonable at all for the average home owner in Germany. Their houses cost hundreds of thousands so of course they’d put 150 into making sure their gutters aren’t clogged.

Do you want to be the guy who wins customers based on price and has no other value skews? Do you want to race to the bottom with other companies willing to do cheap work with no profit?

And @Subsonic you are cutting yourself way too low. Have you tried to actually charge premium prices to premium customers with a premium presentation of your services? Or did you do it like a dumass and then blame that you don’t live in the USA?

Edit: I didn’t even see that you did roof cleaning on top of gutter cleaning. $225 is reasonable

HYPOMANIC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Dec 14, 2023
Germany near Frankfurt
Because you have a limiting belief that makes yourself charge less than you should be charging. 150 Euros is not unreasonable at all for the average home owner in Germany. Their houses cost hundreds of thousands so of course they’d put 150 into making sure their gutters aren’t clogged.

Do you want to be the guy who wins customers based on price and has no other value skews? Do you want to race to the bottom with other companies willing to do cheap work with no profit?

And @Subsonic you are cutting yourself way too low. Have you tried to actually charge premium prices to premium customers with a premium presentation of your services? Or did you do it like a dumass and then blame that you don’t live in the USA?

Edit: I didn’t even see that you did roof cleaning on top of gutter cleaning. $225 is reasonable
the point with the cost for house owners and that cheap prices are a race to the bottom is awesome

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Fair point.

Though I know that I am not good enough to provide premium service. Due to this, I don't know if me taking premium prices is fair.

So improving my presentation is one of the many things I gotta work on.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Why not? Is this a limiting belief?
It is an observation from the results I give customers.
Often windows have some slight streaks, and it takes rather long for me to get it all right.

But you are clearly the more experienced or successful of the two of us. I'll give your suggestion a try and take about 50% more from the next customer. Maybe I'll order a branded cap or poloshirt.

Thanks for questioning me.

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
In germany I'd take 50€, splitting it into 25€ general travel fee and 25 € for the Job.
How much profit would you make from that job with that price after paying for the lead, your or your worker's wage, gas, taxes, insurance and other expenses?

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Though I know that I am not good enough to provide premium service. Due to this, I don't know if me taking premium prices is fair.
Here is my perspective:
git gud

No, quite literally: Get good.

You must be a moron to not be able to type youtube.com and search for "How to do x".
Sure, you might not be able to clean those 3 story high windows due to lack of money and equipment BUT you can learn to clean all other windows well.

And just as a heads up, even I often question the quality of my work.
However I often get signs that my work is actually good like when customers want me to come back or when I look at the work of other window cleaners and I want to throw up because of how poorly they do it.
If you don't have that, then your work probably is indeed bad lol.

So just git gud!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey

just finished this job

What do you do with the leaves? Do you haul it all away?

Also, maybe you recommend gutter screens to him and then tell him you can supply and install them.

HYPOMANIC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Dec 14, 2023
Germany near Frankfurt
What do you do with the leaves? Do you haul it all away?

Also, maybe you recommend gutter screens to him and then tell him you can supply and install them.
yeah I hauled them away

the idea with gutter screens is awesome

till now I oftentimes took pay for hour which is a absolutely F*cking losing formula for an entrepreneur!!

therefore I want pay for projects and the best would be monthly contracts for e.g. gutter maintenance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.