D
DeletedUser84644
Guest
Hello, I'm new to the equity crowdfunding world, I've searched for hours on the internet and so far I can't find anything that comprehensively explains how it works. Like I don't understand what valuation cap, discount, pre money, post money valuation, means. I also don't know if this means my stake can get diluted. I can't understand for F*ck what it all means and how much the potential return could be. Like for example let's say I'm investing $100 where the valuation cap is 9 million pre money valuation and the discount rate is 20%. What does that mean? It's raising $250,000. It's also a SAFE which from what I understand I'll get a return from VC's funding it. Assuming that VC's won't dilute my shares would be wise to hold on to the shares until it IPO'S?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
