• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

How to Get Rid of Negative Friends

Discussion in 'People & Relationships' started by Almantas, Oct 4, 2016.

1. NewManRising

NewManRising Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $494
    The best thing I have learned though is keep your mouth shut about your life, goals, and plans. I think we like to discuss it with those we are close to thinking they will be excited, happy, and enthusiastic as much as us. But the truth is, they are not. In fact, you will learn that they will sabotage you any way they can because they do not want you to be better than them. Remember, they live the scripted life and have the rat race mentality. Ever little perceived inch forward someone makes in life they take it as a challenge. I have found that things work better for me when I am silent and do everything in secret.

SM Switi, Huracan, Meerten and 2 others like this.
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $239,054
    Admin Post
    As you get older, your worry about what other people think, or how they judge you weakens with time. At some point, you reach a "ZERO f*cks given" level. And then you start catching yourself judging others because they give "many f*cks" about stupid shit, like HBO dramas, pro sports teams, black Friday deals, etc.

3. socaldude

socaldude Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,696
    It's simple, you cut them out.

Do people's judgements and opinions affect us? Yes. It's called the "looking glass self".

It basically says that we look at ourselves the same way our environment sees us. And depending on how shitty it is, it can actually hold you back from a lot of things in life. Kind of like how we were taught how a college degree was gonna make us filthy rich. It can be reversed through awareness and independent-critical thinking.

People have a more fragile sense of self when they are younger because how powerful our environment is in influencing us.

MetalGear and Kingmaker like this.
  4. mws87

mws87 talk less, listen more. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,057
    Had a lot of negative folks in my life some time ago. Dropped contact with them and my life, mood, and health improved ten fold in what felt like only weeks.

I used to be a smoker and toxic people remind me a lot of walking cigarettes. You think they're great because you're used to them, but you never fully realize how shitty you felt until they're gone and out of your system.

As far as people weeding you out because of you improving your situation, those probably weren't friends to begin with.

MetalGear likes this.
  5. Daniel...D

Daniel...D New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $81
    Just stop communicating with them

6. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $119,737
    Sorry that I forgot to invite you to my party MJ!
    And I do have a story to tell... I was talking to two people on the team at a party one night (probably the party MJ wasn't invited too, :smile2:) and when one left, the other one said to me, JOHN (obviously not his real name) always thinks he knows it all and talks down to everyone on the team. I said, really, I never get that impression from him at all. The other person then said, well that's because he thinks you are more successful than him.

MJ DeMarco and SquatchMan like this.
  7. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $239,054
    Admin Post
    You didn't invite me either? I didn't know! You rat bastard! ;)

8. BucketHolly

BucketHolly New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $51
    I will surely kill them with my KINDNESS.