The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get results

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
If someone put a gun to my head, id tell them to pull the trigger, which is the same advise id give you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
If someone put a gun to my head, id tell them to pull the trigger, which is the same advise id give you.

I don't know if this comment is supposed to be something edgy or a subtle cry for help, but whatever it is I wish you the best.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
Alright, I'll bite.

I love books, so here is my recommeded readings. Some are mindset, others are finance. (no particular order)

That's my advice...READ.

Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco (duh)
Ego is the enemy by Ryan Holiday
How to be an imperfectionist by Stephen Guise
Mini Habits by Stephen Guise
How to fail at almost everything and still win big by Scott Adams
Get Serious by Brett Osborn
Gorilla Mindset by Mike Cernovich
How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie
The wolf of wallstreet by Jordan Belfort
The 33 strategies of war by Robert Greene
Life's golden ticket by Brendon Berchard
Death by meeting by Patrick Lencioni
The power of habit by Charles Duhigg
Total money makeover by Dave Ramsey (see if anyone here questions this one lol)
No more mister nice guy by Robert Glover
7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen Covey
Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
48 laws of power by Robert Greene
Mastery by Robert Greene
50th law by Robert Greene & 50cent

Thank you so much. I've read the Carnegie one and some of the Robert Greene ones, I will definitely look into the other titles.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
That's just an excuse for not taking action. There are plenty of things you can be doing that do not require any capital investment upfront.

Do you know how to register your business? Licenses? Do you understand how tax laws work in your state? How are you going to market your product/business? Website? Do you have the connections you need? How much capital do you ACTUALLY need, to the dollar? Have you done any market research or validation for your business? I could go on and on.

Mentality is the foundation for a successful business. The mentality you are presenting is one that justifies your reality and makes excuses for when someone else tries help you grow mentally.

But sounds like you got it all figured out. Let us know how it goes. Hope you can come back and prove us wrong :)

It's an excuse but at the same time it isn't. Your avi shows me that you like martial arts, do you ever enter a competition without receiving proper training, education, and taking the time to learn the techniques?

I will agree that I've previously struggled with inaction and being hesitant, though all that is changing and I've never actually been risk aversive, I simply let doubts and hesitance hinder me from properly executing the risks I take. Overthinking is certainly one of my weaknesses, but I will make that into a strength. I need to start thinking with my balls more than my head lol . Thank you and I wish you the best

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Aside from myself, no one has posted in this thread more than you have. All you have done is provide comments of no value or substance. If you are so invested in this thread why not provide some beneficial information or attempt to correct the faulty mindsets that I was expressing? What successful person would invest their valuable time into an internet online forum without the intention of receiving or giving information? Because that's exactly what you have done.

Some real life advice for you now. Make of it what you will, but know I say this with genuine intention to help you.

Some of the best advice I've ever received in my life is: "Don't argue"

About 3 years ago I hired a professional life coach. I had him help me with some employee problems in my business, and some personal issues with relationships. He gave me the advice to don't argue. He's also the one that told me to buy Mj's book...

Anyway, he said (paraphrasing) "There is a big difference between a healthy debate and an argument. If you are trying to prove yourself right, and not trying to resolve an actual issue, in other words the focus is on YOU BEING RIGHT, then that is an argument and a waste of time. And wasting time is literally a waste of your life"

I couldn't tell you when the last time I had an actual argument was. What's the point?

Everyone I am close to knows I won't argue. I've made that point clear. Employees, wife, parents, my kids, whomever.

How do you think people react to me when they know I will not argue with them? They stay calm, rational, and focused. I've trained them to interact with me the way I want.

Don't argue, don't waste your time.

(to be clear, I am not criticizing anyone on this thread)

Now I'm going back to reading the gold and real estate threads and taking notes...

Edit:

BTW, last I knew this life coach had added 3 other coaches, a forum, 5 books, and 13 videos to his fastlane empire. So there's a fastlane idea for y'all, as usually you don't need credentials for "life coach" just like you don't them for "business consultant"

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
Some real life advice for you now. Make of it what you will, but know I say this with genuine intention to help you.

About 3 years ago I hired a professional life coach. I had him help me with some employee problems in my business, and some personal issues with relationships. He gave me the advice to don't argue. He's also the one that told me to buy Mj's book...

Anyway, he said (paraphrasing) "There is a big difference between a healthy debate and an argument. If you are trying to prove yourself right, and not trying to resolve an actual issue, in other words the focus is on YOU BEING RIGHT, then that is an argument and a waste of time. And wasting time is literally a waste of your life"

I couldn't tell you when the last time I had an actual argument was. What's the point?

Everyone I am close to knows I won't argue. I've made that point clear. Employees, wife, parents, my kids, whomever.

How do you think people react to me when they know I will not argue with them? They stay calm, rational, and focused. I've trained them to interact with me the way I want.

Now I'm going back to reading the gold and real estate threads and taking notes...

Edit:

BTW, last I knew this life coach had added 3 other coaches, a forum, 5 books, and 13 videos to his fastlane empire. So there's a fastlane idea for y'all, as usually you don't need credentials for "life coach" just like you don't them for "business consultant"
But what if its a question of not WHO's right but WHAT's right?

But thank you for your advice. Arguing has always been a waste of time and does nothing constructive, I am changing and I will continue to grow.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Edit:

^^^ This.

You can't keep moving forward if you stop to fight.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.