The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get restaurants to work with me?

For any book discussion

Qeno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 5, 2022
Hi,
I am currently working on something similar to the "Tour Saver" for my region.
I have trouble's to get restaurants and other businesses to work with me. At the moment, I am trying to communicate with them via telephone and tell them about what I am doing and why they should work with me.
Can you give me some tips or a book recommendation which could help me?

Kind regards
Keno

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hi,
I am currently working on something similar to the "Tour Saver" for my region.
I have trouble's to get restaurants and other businesses to work with me. At the moment, I am trying to communicate with them via telephone and tell them about what I am doing and why they should work with me.
Can you give me some tips or a book recommendation which could help me?

Kind regards
Keno
Me, I, me, I, me me me...

If I'm understanding this correctly, you want restaurants and other businesses to give a discount to people just so you can make a living?

How about instead of talking about what you are doing, talk about what they will get instead. What will they get, and what do they have to pay to get it?

Qeno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 5, 2022
what are you helping them accomplish exactly?

I want to help them get more customers and more returning ones and more

Me, I, me, I, me me me...

If I'm understanding this correctly, you want restaurants and other businesses to give a discount to people just so you can make a living?

How about instead of talking about what you are doing, talk about what they will get instead. What will they get, and what do they have to pay to get it?
On the basis of how I wrote it, you are completely right. But there are more advantages I planned for them, which I thought weren't useful for the thread. Thus, I left them out.

I have tried it the way you described it, but I am searching for something which works better.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
Calling is still better than writing a Mail but Restaurants have often times busy business to do. There is less time or interest for them to talk to you.

When you call them. What type of a person do you have on the phone? Is it a waiter, bar keeper or another employee? Do you know the name of the owner? If not, do you even have Googled it?

If you have an employee on the phone never explain too much who you are and what your plan is. Only ask directly for the owner himself. This will create a situation where the People will think that you already have a connection to the owner. In most cases the won't question. If they do, just say that you need talk to him. It is a business to business conversation and also mention your company's, if you have one. This will create additional authority.

Put yourself in the attitude that you actually have a real business to offer and you can only can discuss it with decision makers, not water runners [don't tell them that directly ;)]

But the best advice would be, just to ask when the owner is available and meet him in person.

Make a brochure and deliver some valuable points from the perspective of the owner why he should work with you. If you can bring him more clients into his Restaurant and you want to make a deal like a provision, than write it down. Keep the brochure as a one Pager.

If you are already working with local restaurants, ask them if can put them on this brochure too. If you have no Restaurants available yet, than communicate that you are already in contact with several interested players and you are looking to improve the customer experience and their business would be a good fit.

Also take notices what are the most common concernings not to work with you and improve that!

Good luck!

Qeno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 5, 2022
Calling is still better than writing a Mail but Restaurants have often times busy business to do. There is less time or interest for them to talk to you.

When you call them. What type of a person do you have on the phone? Is it a waiter, bar keeper or another employee? Do you know the name of the owner? If not, do you even have Googled it?

If you have an employee on the phone never explain too much who you are and what your plan is. Only ask directly for the owner himself. This will create a situation where the People will think that you already have a connection to the owner. In most cases the won't question. If they do, just say that you need talk to him. It is a business to business conversation and also mention your company's, if you have one. This will create additional authority.

Put yourself in the attitude that you actually have a real business to offer and you can only can discuss it with decision makers, not water runners [don't tell them that directly ;)]

But the best advice would be, just to ask when the owner is available and meet him in person.

Make a brochure and deliver some valuable points from the perspective of the owner why he should work with you. If you can bring him more clients into his Restaurant and you want to make a deal like a provision, than write it down. Keep the brochure as a one Pager.

If you are already working with local restaurants, ask them if can put them on this brochure too. If you have no Restaurants available yet, than communicate that you are already in contact with several interested players and you are looking to improve the customer experience and their business would be a good fit.

Also take notices what are the most common concernings not to work with you and improve that!

Good luck!
Thank you really much for your answer!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!